A10 Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.2

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was called through Employee referral.

I talked to one of the Engineer on team for phone screen, which was very easy.

At Onsite, You will be first asked to give 1 hour exam. There were 5 interviewers. First interviewer was a leader in a company and I was very offended the way he was talking to me. His way of interviewing was very disrespectful and he seemed pretty uninterested to talk to me.

After that, all other interviews were quite average and overall interview experience was good except first one.

Didn't received an offer, which I won't have any way accepted if they would have offered.

By overall interview experience, people seemed knowledgeable, but very egoistic, which was one of the reasons, I would have declined offer if they would have offered me.

Interview Questions

• Standard QA exam,
      Life cycle of bug,
      Script to check if a remote host is reachable using ping.
      Advanced level TCP/P questions (MTU, How ping works in network, NAT, VLAN, HTTP headers)

Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interview (4-5 hrs)
    Interviews are very detailed and you better know finer details of tcp (hint: state diagram, MSL, TIME_WAIT) cause you will get grilled with those questions

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at A10 Networks.

Interview

Pretty Simple Process
    Of Seven Rounds
    Mostly Based on the Resume
    More technical than HR.

Network Test Engineer/QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call through a friend referral, Process took a week. Basic networking questions with detailed explanation required. After a week I was called onsite for 6 hours interview. It was fair and they ask more than you can know in a school( I was fresh out of school). Friendly people and fair interview but decided to move with a better candidate.

Interview Questions

• All OSI layers were covered , Most of the protocols were covered. I recommend that read all the protocols of all 7 layers of OSI model   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I had two interviews - both over the phone. One was from the Director of Engineering, who spoke to me and asked me about my previous expertise in the networking industry.

The second interview was conducted by a team member who asked me basic networking questions, differences between the various testing profiles, i.e., regression, QA, etc. He also went on to ask a few behavior related and ethics related questions by posing some practical work situations in front of me and wanted to see my responses to the same.

Interview Questions

• If your manager and you share a single cubicle and on some day, your manager forgets to lock away some extra confidential documents that you were not supposed to read or see, but you end up reading, would you tell your manager about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was possible to a certain extent, but the offer was already good enough.

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A10 Networks.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 online coding interview

Interview Questions

• Given a filled box inside an nXm matrix, count all boxes in contact with it, and which are filled. Return the count. A few questions on multi-threading as well.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at A10 Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

A10 is a growing company with lots of very smart people who are incredibly talented and motivated to 1) Build excellent products, 2) Change the market, 3) Win business, and 4) Make lots of money while having fun doing it. They want and demand the best. Your interview process will be quite thorough, and I would suggest you do as much listening, learning, and interviewing of your own throughout the process! You will speak to everyone from Senior VP's through technical managers, developers, product managers, other engineers, and perhaps the Founder himself. If you've made it to CA for this gauntlet of interviews, and finished them all without losing your cool, puking, or crying (LOL), you're in store for a wild ride!! I love this place! :D

Interview Questions

• If you're a technical candidate, you're in store for a real barbecue. Be prepared to be stressed and educated throughout the process. Remain calm, cool, and ask for guidance by asking your own relevant questions during the technical questioning process in order to demonstrate your thought processes. Follow up with addtional questions, and acknowledge the interviewers unique perspective and your own shortcomings when you reach them -- no BS allowed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you hit it off with the majority of the great folks in the interview process, there will be room for negotiation of certain elements of your offer package. Spell those out with the HR person at the end of the day, so they know exactly what you're looking for, and you will not be disappointed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

interviewed at A10 Networks (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Technical recruiter called and ask my availability and scheduled an interview with a software engineer. The software engineer called almost at 7:00 pm and clearly with an altitude for no reason. Some technical questions about Linux operating system and network were asked. Most questions are challenging and are protocol details. I did not expect that detailed questions so I failed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

interview start from 1145 am until 630pm, and you are expected to finish an exam first. the exam covers the basic concepts and questions for networking, including HTTP, TCP/IP, Linux, which are needed as a basics for QA engineers. An scenario will be established so that you can describe how you will go ahead and do the testing, in order to know if you can think in various ways.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

the recruiter promised that they had very heavy compensation packages but it turned out to be pretty small. No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Initially there was a phone interview, a few basic questions on my resume, and then I was scheduled for an onsite interview. Need to finish an one hour exam. The exam tests about basic programming questions and basic networking knowledge. On the onsite interview day, I met 9 people in total including the HR of the company. Basically many team members came in for an interview with me and provided feedbacks. Most questions are related to my resume and you will be given an scenario to develop test strategies to test your acumen of quality assurance. a few easy brain teasers as well.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was to provide an alternative way to solve a problem in my master of Engineering project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I provided my lowest salary and was given exactly the amount.