A10 Networks

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at A10 Networks.

I had two interviews - both over the phone. One was from the Director of Engineering, who spoke to me and asked me about my previous expertise in the networking industry.

The second interview was conducted by a team member who asked me basic networking questions, differences between the various testing profiles, i.e., regression, QA, etc. He also went on to ask a few behavior related and ethics related questions by posing some practical work situations in front of me and wanted to see my responses to the same.

Interview Questions
    • If your manager and you share a single cubicle and on some day, your manager forgets to lock away some extra confidential documents that you were not supposed to read or see, but you end up reading, would you tell your manager about it?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was possible to a certain extent, but the offer was already good enough.

Software Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A10 Networks.

2 phone interviews, 1 online coding interview

Interview Questions
    • Given a filled box inside an nXm matrix, count all boxes in contact with it, and which are filled. Return the count. A few questions on multi-threading as well.   View Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at A10 Networks in December 2013.

A10 is a growing company with lots of very smart people who are incredibly talented and motivated to 1) Build excellent products, 2) Change the market, 3) Win business, and 4) Make lots of money while having fun doing it. They want and demand the best. Your interview process will be quite thorough, and I would suggest you do as much listening, learning, and interviewing of your own throughout the process! You will speak to everyone from Senior VP's through technical managers, developers, product managers, other engineers, and perhaps the Founder himself. If you've made it to CA for this gauntlet of interviews, and finished them all without losing your cool, puking, or crying (LOL), you're in store for a wild ride!! I love this place! :D

Interview Questions
    • If you're a technical candidate, you're in store for a real barbecue. Be prepared to be stressed and educated throughout the process. Remain calm, cool, and ask for guidance by asking your own relevant questions during the technical questioning process in order to demonstrate your thought processes. Follow up with addtional questions, and acknowledge the interviewers unique perspective and your own shortcomings when you reach them -- no BS allowed.   Answer Question
    If you hit it off with the majority of the great folks in the interview process, there will be room for negotiation of certain elements of your offer package. Spell those out with the HR person at the end of the day, so they know exactly what you're looking for, and you will not be disappointed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at A10 Networks in September 2013.

Technical recruiter called and ask my availability and scheduled an interview with a software engineer. The software engineer called almost at 7:00 pm and clearly with an altitude for no reason. Some technical questions about Linux operating system and network were asked. Most questions are challenging and are protocol details. I did not expect that detailed questions so I failed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at A10 Networks in September 2013.

interview start from 1145 am until 630pm, and you are expected to finish an exam first. the exam covers the basic concepts and questions for networking, including HTTP, TCP/IP, Linux, which are needed as a basics for QA engineers. An scenario will be established so that you can describe how you will go ahead and do the testing, in order to know if you can think in various ways.

Interview Questions
    the recruiter promised that they had very heavy compensation packages but it turned out to be pretty small. No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A10 Networks in September 2013.

Initially there was a phone interview, a few basic questions on my resume, and then I was scheduled for an onsite interview. Need to finish an one hour exam. The exam tests about basic programming questions and basic networking knowledge. On the onsite interview day, I met 9 people in total including the HR of the company. Basically many team members came in for an interview with me and provided feedbacks. Most questions are related to my resume and you will be given an scenario to develop test strategies to test your acumen of quality assurance. a few easy brain teasers as well.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was to provide an alternative way to solve a problem in my master of Engineering project.   View Answer
    I provided my lowest salary and was given exactly the amount.

Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A10 Networks.

I met a representative from A10 Networks at a career fair and I had a phone interview few days later. I got an on-site interview which I talked with 6 people for 6.5 hours. It was the longest interview I did and it was pretty tiring.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot about connection questions that I never learned in school, which was definitely tough.   Answer Question

Didn't enjoy the interview.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A10 Networks in August 2013.

First, you will get a phone interview. If you pass, then you will be invited to the on-site interview, which takes nearly 4 hours. They do 1-1 interview for a few candidates in this time period. 5 interviewers take turns. Most of questions are pretty generic and easy to answer.

Interview Questions
    • A couple interviewers may ask more difficult logic questions.   Answer Question

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at A10 Networks in June 2013.

Referred by a friend. Phone interview followed by on-site interview. Phone interview lasted for about an hour and on-site was for about 6-8 hours. People are friendly. Some interviewers didn't seem to care.

Didn't negotiate

Network Engineer I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at A10 Networks.

Was referred by an employee.
    Hiring Manager called to schedule a phone interview after 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What is ARP?
      2. How do Load Balancers work?
      3. Tell me about Routing Protocols.
      4. Explain Layer2 protocols.
      5. What happens when we type google.com in the browser? Explain layer-by-layer.

Answer Question