A10 Networks Support Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A10 Networks.

I met a representative from A10 Networks at a career fair and I had a phone interview few days later. I got an on-site interview which I talked with 6 people for 6.5 hours. It was the longest interview I did and it was pretty tiring.

Interview Questions
  • They ask a lot about connection questions that I never learned in school, which was definitely tough.   Answer Question

Didn't enjoy the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for A10 Networks

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at A10 Networks in October 2011.

Did a resume drop with A10 at a career fair, and was emailed a few days later to set up a phone interview later in the week.

Started with a brief phone interview with one of the engineers where they scoped me out and asked me some very general questions, while also explaining what type of position I was interviewing for and what the job description entailed. Phone interview was about 1 hour.

An on-site was schedule via email not too long afterwards, for a week later. Their interview process is very... arduous. I was told to expect the entire process to take 4 hours (3-7PM). It basically consisted of me sitting in a room and various employees coming into the room and interviewing me for about 30 minutes each. Some employees were courteous and asked interesting questions. Others were somewhat eccentric and didn't seem like they really wanted to be there. I was interviewed by other support engineers, the Director of the support division, and a VP of engineering. I definitely enjoyed some of the interviews, but others seemed very dry and pointless. A lot of general/behavioral questions were asked, and some semi-technical questions were asked (experience with programming languages, how would you approach this problem, etc), as well as some random brain teaser/logic puzzle questions. Portions of the interview were also devoted to "selling" the company to me.

Interview Questions
    • If you have three people standing, all facing the same direction, each person can see the color of the hat of only the person directly in front of them (which can be either black or white). There are two hats of each color (four total). The hats are placed on the persons' heads one at a time, starting with the one in the very front. When someone knows for certain what color hat they have, they need to declare that they have discovered the color of their hat.

In this scenario, no matter which hats are distributed, at least one person can be certain of their hat color. What are these scenarios, and what are the probability distributions for each?
        View Answers (3)
    • You have a building with 100 stories, and two identical balls. Your goal is to discover the topmost level from which the balls can be dropped without breaking. Do this in the least number of tries (drops).   View Answers (2)