A9.com Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A9.com.

Interview

For the on-site, one hour presentation plus 4 one-on-one. What surprised me is that although the interviewees all graduated from top universities with a PhD, but only one of them is from cs/ee/stat background, so very few statistics/machine learning questions. But they do care about data process/data munging and business acumen. They told me they will give me an offer, but they didn't tell me the details until 10 days later after I told them I got another offer. The hiring manager is very nice, but I don't like the HR guy. He always tried to probe my opinion about the interview before telling me move on to the next step. The conversation about offer negotiation starts with his "I hate to discuss about money, but don't get me wrong, we want you to be happy. blabla..." I just don't like that attitude!

Interview Questions

• 1. Presentation (covered several topics I worked before) 2. several coding questions (I used Python, you can use other languages), basic map-reduce algorithm 3. data munging question which you can you use bash/awk/python+regular expression 4. Some SQL questions 5. different classification methods   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A9.com (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Found a position on Internet, and sent my resume. They contacted me via email and asked when I'm available for a phone screen interview. It took a week to set it up.The interview took one hour. The person I talked to was really nice, Then they arranged for second phone screen and it did n't went well.

Interview Questions

• 1. Finding first non repeated character in an array 2. Linux command to list files containing specific string 3. Mysql query related to Group by Second phone interview 1. create a doubly linked list out of that tree where each node represents sum of all nodes in the same vertical line. 2. Implement search for a sorted rotated array.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I was asked about an algorithm problem. And that's all. The total interview took about 30 minutes. We used an online co-editing platform to write codes. The interview is very straightforward. They just asked me about one problem.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about an algorithm problem. And that's all.   1 Answer

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A9.com (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen. Found a position on Internet, and sent my resume. They contacted me via email and asked when I'm available for a phone screen interview. It took a week to set it up. Agreed on a day and time. The interview took one hour. The person I talked to was really nice, polite and professional. Received an email on the next day that tells I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you do (based on your work experience): - White box testing? - Functional testing? - Regression testing? 2. We have 'Employee' table with 'Name', 'DepartmentName', 'Salary' columns. Write a query to retrieve a max salary from each (different) department.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A9.com in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on a9.com. First interview was a phone interview with hr, mostly behavior questions and project experience in resume. Second round was a technique interview that includes some online coding and data manipulation problem, as well as some machine learning questions. Also why a9.com

Software Development Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A9.com (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career fair, but personally talked to the recruiters as well. Had an on campus interview with a senior engineer, who was really nice during the interview and afterwards. Most of my later interactions were with that engineer. The interview process was very low pressure and the interview itself was more of a conversation about my background and A9's work as opposed me being constantly evaluated. Definitely was a good sign. It almost didn't feel like an interview at all. I only had a single on campus interview before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How to merge postings lists for information retrieval. (Basically finding the intersection of two sorted vectors)   Answer Question

Interview

I applied through website (redirected from a campus job website), and I was notified 2 months later if I am still interested. They asked me what skills I want to learn and what teams I want to join for the internship. I sent them a short email back with a list of my interest. I'm still in the process.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied through website, and I was notified 2 months later if I am still interested. They asked me what skills I want to learn and what teams I want to join for the internship. I sent them a short email back with a list of my interest. I'm still in the process.

Interview

Got in touch through on campus recruiters and had one on campus screen before moving to the onsite where I had 5 interviews. There were 3 technical interviews and two interviews with managers. The last one took place over lunch. I liked the interview process. From start to finish took about a month.

Interview Questions

• I misunderstood a question on Dyanamic Programming but figured it out later on.   Answer Question

Winter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A9.com (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Had one round of telephonic interview which I thought I did fairly well in, the interviewer was polite and the questions were pretty simple. Really basic stuff, I am surprised I didn't even get a second round.