AA Credit Union Interview Questions

2.2

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at AA Credit Union.

Don't even waist your time applying there. I was interviewed by the Manager and two other members. The interview lasted for about 40 minutes and during the whole process the Manager wouldn't stop to yell at me. As I am from a different nationality she insisted I couldn't understand what they were saying to me so I couldn't convince her to hire me.
    Hard to believe that AA has this kind of procedures for a job interview.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AA Credit Union in April 2013.

1. submitted resume online
    2. a day or two after I got a call from recruiter. We spoke for about 20 minutes, and he asked me questions about my resume. Asked me to come in to speak in person that same day.
    3. met recruiter and branch manager in person that same day.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, none of the questions were unexpected or difficult. they just want to make sure that you have customer service experience and are willing to devote yourself to the job. It seems like this job requires a lot of work. I asked why the last employee quit and they replied that it was because the job required a lot and not everyone can do it. It also seems that the pay is extremely low (I read on here that it was like $10.00/hr).   Answer Question

Low pay

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at AA Credit Union in February 2012.

After applying for an entry level position at the Boston branch of American Airlines Federal Credit Union on indeed.com, I was contacted on the phone by an interviewer named Mario. The line of questioning was conducted in an overbearing and brusque manner. The focus was on making sure the applicant submitted to the employer’s terms beforehand. I was told pay is part time at $10.60/hour with limited benefits, on call anytime from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Monday to Friday plus half-day on Saturday, no excuses or drama allowed, and to maintain a smiling face at all times. Yet when explaining I preferred to keep further contact via email, the interviewer became highly agitated at the request. Eventually calming down and promising to provide his email address, I still have not received it (2 business days and counting since our conversation). As a previous reviewer for AA Credit Union mentioned on glassdoor.com, some employees “are overworked and underpaid”, while the hiring process was a “sort of a take it or leave it offer”. Just based on my own short phone interview, I completely agree with that assessment about working for this company. Finding the approach ominous, I felt the people and work culture there would be unpleasantly difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Can you never have an excuse or be involved with any drama that prevents you from getting to work?   View Answer

Turned off by the initial discourteous and demanding phone interview.

Member Communications Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AA Credit Union in November 2008.

I was already an American Airlines Employee (home based reservation agent) so I applied internally. They do however hire from outside. There was a group interview with the manager of the department and a supervisor which lasted about an hour or so. There were about 7 candidates. Each candidate was asked 2 or 3 questions. A credit check was done. The work culture there really depends on the department you work in. Some employees are very happy, others are overworked and underpaid. I was never told there would be mandatory overtime. Also, I was told I would have to work an occasional Saturday but that I could either take comp time or overtime pay. In reality though, our department was understaffed and comp time was difficult to get and the occasional Saturday turned into almost every other Saturday. The flight benefits are great, however with so little time off it's difficult to use them.

Interview Questions
    • What is a dream of yours. Something outside of work that you would like to accomplish.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. It was "this is the pay." Sort of a take it or leave it offer.