AACR

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at AACR

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AACR.

By far the most unusual and frustrating interview experience I have ever had. Began with a surprise test - first a spelling/grammar test which apparently every applicant must take, followed by a writing sample. Neither were difficult but to discover on the spot that you are to be tested when you are already nervous is somewhat disrespectful in my opinion. Following the tests and interview with HR, I was told that I was an ideal candidate and instructed to clear my schedule for an upcoming interview the following week, and I never heard from them again!

Interview Questions
    • The tests were the most unexpected aspect of the interview process, everything else was fairly standard.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AACR in March 2009.

It was OK. Didn't like ot and didn't get the job.

Staff Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AACR in April 2011.

I was called for the first interview the day after submitting my application online. I was told that the interview would consist of a typing test, a spelling/grammar test, an interview with human resources, and possibly an interview with the hiring manager. I passed all of my tests and interviewed with both human resources and the hiring manager plus the immediate supervisor of the position I was applying for.
    I was told I wouldn't hear anything right away due to a huge annual meeting coming up.
    The day after the annual meeting, I received another phone call, to set up a second interview.
    I had the second interview with the same hiring manager and supervisor as before. They asked me a lot of questions about multi-tasking, deadlines, and repetitive work.
    A few days later, I received a phone call from HR, asking to check my references. I liked that they asked me first.
    Then I was called in to interview with a different department. This was a much more casual interview, except that the entire department was brought in to meet me.
    About 2 hours later I received another phone call, and this was the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • If I (supervisor) came to your desk, you received an important email, and your phone started ringing all at the same time, in what order would you handle everything?   Answer Question