AAI Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AAI Corporation.

Interview

There was a phone interview which was a group interview with technical questions. Next was an on site interview which was a group interview with more background and experience questions.

Interview Questions

• What network packet analyzer tools do you have experience with?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was the typical interview process. Started off with a phone interview, then there was the on-site interview followed by their decision. The turn around time for the whole process was relatively quick.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging time you've had and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AAI Corporation.

Interview

The interview process involved a phone screening, which was conducted by an HR recruiter, and an on site interview. AAI initially insisted that I drive to the interview and assume the cost of travel and lodging. Due to the fact that I am located out of state, I refused. Subsequently I was contacted by AAIs travel agent who made the necessary arrangements. I made sure that the airfair, lodging, and rental car reservations were prepaid by AAI. The morning of the interview I discovered that AAI had planned a full interview schedule with no lunch break. I spent the entire day in interviews and was not allowed to eat lunch. In addition I had to interrupt an interview in order to find a rest room. After returning home, I submitted a reimbursement request for mileage to the airport, parking, and meals. AAI did not reimburse me for the expenses I incurred on the trip. The interview itself was disorganized, with interviewers swapping time slots at the last minute. There were also instances of interviewers passing me off to subordinates or co-workers who were not on the interview schedule and had no idea who I was or why I was there.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AAI Corporation (Hunt Valley, MD).

Interview

The application process was a simple one, as most are now days. Simply uploaded my resume to their site, and within a few few weeks was called for an interview. Although the application process was simple, everything else was a massive uncoordinated headache. I was sent three different interview times, was unable to reach anyone for clarification, so I ended up sitting for three hours in the main lobby waiting to be seen. When I was finally called in for the interview it was in front of a panel of four people. This many people conducting an interview tends to be excessive, adds little to no value to the process, creates a very intimidating environment, and honestly comes off as uncoordinated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible. HR understands the market, and knows that they can easily fill most spots with local college graduates and veterans.

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at AAI Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

Applied on line, took them about 7 months to contact me. Set up a phone interview, and follow by an on-site interview

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? How do you handle a project without any guidance?   Answer Question

Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AAI Corporation (Hunt Valley, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Asked me typical interview questions, where do you see yourself in five years? What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses? 3 weeks later had a structured interview with 5 different people, 30 minutes each. One was hiring manager, 3 potential coworkers, and HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

AAI Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AAI Corporation in June 2013.

Interview

It was fairly simple, I applied through my university and was offered a 20-minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• No technical or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AAI Corporation (Hunt Valley, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

interview process is very slow. Took couple of weeks after I submitted my form for them to reach out to me. Got a call from a recruiter to schedule an interview and the interview got postponed because the interviewer was not sure of the interview day. To cut the story short, You have to continue calling the recruiter after your interview to follow up with them regarding the response from your interview.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AAI Corporation (Hunt Valley, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview and was told to come in for a face-to-face interview later in the week. Met with 4 people: 3 engineers and a HR. The main engineer asked very difficult questions while the other 3 were asked the usual questions. Managed to get a mini tour of some of the facility.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goose Creek, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AAI Corporation (Goose Creek, SC) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial contact through a recruiter to set up a telephone interview with the Finance Manager and the Finance Director. Telephone interview with the FM and FD was straightforward and was mostly about my experience and they explained what their situation was to see if it was a match. Once they decided that I met their initial criteria, I was told that there would be a face to face interview. Call lasted 45 minutes. Recruiter than scheduled face to face interviews with the Finance Manager, 2 Program Managers, and 1 Project Engineer. She also scheduled another phone interview with HR. I had the HR interview via phone before the face to face interviews. I was expecting an HR brief of the company but was surprised that it was an actual "personality type" interview. The face to face interviews were 30 minutes each and were mostly pleasant and focused on what my role and relationship to them would be. Overall experience was pleasant but overly tedious.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting the HR interview, but it seemed like she was coming up with questions straight from the manual. The one that caught me most off-guard was "If you could create your perfect job, what would it be?"   Answer Question