AAMC

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Interview

IT
Washington, DC

The process took 3 days - interviewed at AAMC in September 2009.

Interview Details – Had a call with the HR and then a phone interview for 25 mins with a senior guy. Soon after a day got a call for face - face interview. Interview with HR, manager and team. Team asked some technical questions. could answer most of them. manager did a sort of behavioural interview and asked for specific experiences. Overall was good but no call and status after the face-face.

Interview Question – dealing with customers   View Answer

IT Interview

IT
Washington, DC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at AAMC in June 2007.

Interview Details – Initial discussion was a phonecall with HR, then onsite was another round with HR, then a 1:1 and then a team interview. The team interview was the worth with inconsistent approach to questions (rapid fire trying to answer them all) and people coming in and out during the process. Other interviews that were scheduled didn't take place for scheduling issues.

All in all an efficient and rapid experience (as compared to some other companies which drag things out) but I feel like the inefficiency of the group interview didn't allow me to accurately portray myself. E.g. In one situation someone asked me why they hadn't sent me to discuss a position in Engineering and then asked me questions about a topic I'd discussed wasn't in my experience (as though it was something I should interview for). In retrospect I believe it was meant as a "how would you deal with this" question but it was unclear whether I should explain my approach or if I was trying to explain why I wasn't looking for that position.

Interview Question – There really weren't any "brain teaser" questions. "Why do you want this job", etc.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AAMC

Worked for AAMC? Contribute to the Community!