AAMC

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AAMC.

Interview Details – Most candidates come from headhunters or temp-to-perm situations and a manager reviews resumes looking for a good match. A developer calls the candidate and assesses candidates skills. Then we bring in the candidate to be interviewed by peers. Then one more more managers interviews the candidate. After that HR gets involved, and salary is negotiated.

Interview Question – Candidates are asked detailed questions about unit testing, a practice that not too many of them are very familiar with.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Administrative Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AAMC in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first with an HR recruiter, then was set up with a round of interviews with my boss and future colleagues, as well as tests in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. The upside was that everyone loved working there and was very positive. The downside was that the company was very, very slow. From first hearing from them to the interview it was almost 2 months.

Interview Question – They seemed most interested to know why I wanted to work there. Mission was more important than at other interviews I've been on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a set policy for salary offers and were entirely unwilling to negotiate.

Manager Interview

Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AAMC in September 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communications took place via email, followed by several phone calls and a full day of round robin interviews. The Talent Manager reached out to me by phone and was able to gather most information necessary for screening prior to scheduling my interview. While it was exhausting and a bit of a challenge to sit through a full day of interviews, I was thankful to complete the process in a single day.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked. The hardest was the 8 hours of back to back interviews. I was asked repetitive information and felt that a group/panel interview may have been more successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The AAMC is very fair with their compensation packages and it is possible that no negotiation will be necessary.

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AAMC.

Interview Details – I participated in two phone interviews (one with HR and the other with my prospective supervisor). The phone interviews were a breeze. Both people with whom I spoke had a pleasant tone and the feeling in general was low pressure. I was then invited to an in-person interview, where I rotated around the office to have 20-30 minute one-on-one conversations with my prospective supervisor, her boss, plus two additional staff members. I learned a lot about the culture of the office and the type of projects that I would be working on. The main question that they had for me was whether I thought it was a good fit for my career goals.

Interview Question – I received a question about how I could possibly be a good fit for the position despite having no healthcare research experience.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AAMC in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a panel of 5 people. Was allowed to present my overall qualifications to open. Questions were standard behavioral questions. At the end, was asked why I wanted the job. Process was slower than average. The culture is very academic and they are not very willing to go outside the box of medical education experience.

Interview Question – Tell us about recent innovations you attempted or achieved.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AAMC.

Interview Details – 1 Telephone
1 F2F

Interview Question – Situational based questions   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at AAMC.

Interview Details – They were the most Unprofessional people that I have ever interacted with. My Interview actually went very well and I was in fact expecting an offer from them. But even after so many emails and calls I have never heard back from them.They should have at least had the courtesy to let me know their decision.

Interview Question – It was not difficult. Easy technical questions.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AAMC in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. I received a list of questions from the HR rep a week later. They were basic questions like why are you applying to this jobs, what is your knowledge of quantitative research methods, what is your experience with SAS/SPSS etc. Sent the answers to my questions the same day. Received a response from the HR rep saying they would call me for a phone interview the following week. The questions asked during the interview were basic situational questions like describe a time you had to work as a team. The HR rep said they would forward my answers to the hiring manager and if they were interested they would contact me within a week. Never heard anything back

Interview Question – Name a time you failed at something and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Washington, DC

The process took 3 days - interviewed at AAMC in November 2010.

Interview Details – Applied via monster.com. Recruiter called and setup a personal interview very quickly. There were supposed to be 3 people interviewing (2 analysts and a project manager). Only analysts were able to make it. the project manager had a conflict. In my opinion and based on the feedback from the analysts the interview went great. Since the manager wasn't able to make it, I was asked to get in touch with the recruiter and schedule another slot with the manager. The recruiter did not return multiple calls and emails.
Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AAMC in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from HR to set up phone interview. Phone interview was one-on-one and involved talking about past experience and not very technical. A week later, the onsite interview was scheduled and a couple of friendly developers did a purely technical interview (simple to medium complexity) followed by an interview by the project/hiring manager. I had a fairly good feeling after the interview, and I was told I will hear from them after a week, but they did not call, email, or communicate in any way. They did not have the common courtesy to let me know their decision. I probably did not get the job because there was a better candidate for the job. But what disappointed me was that they did not have the common decency to let me know.

Interview Question – something heavy about C++   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at AAMC

Worked for AAMC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AAMC interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by AAMC employees and interview candidates.