AAMC

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AAMC.

I saw a job post on Washington Post Jobs but applied via their website. The recruiter got back with me quickly and scheduled an interview. The interview with the recruiter went exceedingly well (in my opinion) and she said she had a few more interviews but I would be contacted about moving to the next phase. After a little under a week passed, I began to call and email the recruiter about the next step. No response. Was someone else hired? Did she just lie to get me off the phone? I was in limbo. HR departments rarely seem to send declination letters recently; I'm used to it. This one was different because I was given verbal confirmation that I was moving to the next phase then absolutely nothing. It would take seconds to send and email (or reply to one of the multiple I sent) saying "We've decided to go with another applicant." I mean, she could have lied and say the job post was cancelled. I'd be none-the-wiser. Just don't abruptly end communication. Closure is important, especially if you're unemployed versus changing jobs.

Compliance and Administration Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AAMC in July 2014.

I had three phone interviews. First one with the HR rep, 2nd with one business manager who works in security and another on the compliance side because this position is uniquely placed in two departments. Things were going very smoothly and moving quickly until correspondence suddenly stopped. I had to check in to discover they had decided on another applicant.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very well tailored for the position responsibilities.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AAMC.

Most candidates come from headhunters or temp-to-perm situations and a manager reviews resumes looking for a good match. A developer calls the candidate and assesses candidates skills. Then we bring in the candidate to be interviewed by peers. Then one more more managers interviews the candidate. After that HR gets involved, and salary is negotiated.

Interview Questions
    • Candidates are asked detailed questions about unit testing, a practice that not too many of them are very familiar with.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AAMC.

I participated in two phone interviews (one with HR and the other with my prospective supervisor). The phone interviews were a breeze. Both people with whom I spoke had a pleasant tone and the feeling in general was low pressure. I was then invited to an in-person interview, where I rotated around the office to have 20-30 minute one-on-one conversations with my prospective supervisor, her boss, plus two additional staff members. I learned a lot about the culture of the office and the type of projects that I would be working on. The main question that they had for me was whether I thought it was a good fit for my career goals.

Interview Questions
    • I received a question about how I could possibly be a good fit for the position despite having no healthcare research experience.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AAMC.

1 Telephone
    1 F2F

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AAMC in June 2013.

Interviewed with a panel of 5 people. Was allowed to present my overall qualifications to open. Questions were standard behavioral questions. At the end, was asked why I wanted the job. Process was slower than average. The culture is very academic and they are not very willing to go outside the box of medical education experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about recent innovations you attempted or achieved.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AAMC in February 2013.

I had a phone interview first with an HR recruiter, then was set up with a round of interviews with my boss and future colleagues, as well as tests in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. The upside was that everyone loved working there and was very positive. The downside was that the company was very, very slow. From first hearing from them to the interview it was almost 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • They seemed most interested to know why I wanted to work there. Mission was more important than at other interviews I've been on.   Answer Question
    They have a set policy for salary offers and were entirely unwilling to negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AAMC.

They were the most Unprofessional people that I have ever interacted with. My Interview actually went very well and I was in fact expecting an offer from them. But even after so many emails and calls I have never heard back from them.They should have at least had the courtesy to let me know their decision.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AAMC in September 2012.

Initial communications took place via email, followed by several phone calls and a full day of round robin interviews. The Talent Manager reached out to me by phone and was able to gather most information necessary for screening prior to scheduling my interview. While it was exhausting and a bit of a challenge to sit through a full day of interviews, I was thankful to complete the process in a single day.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked. The hardest was the 8 hours of back to back interviews. I was asked repetitive information and felt that a group/panel interview may have been more successful.   Answer Question
    The AAMC is very fair with their compensation packages and it is possible that no negotiation will be necessary.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AAMC in May 2012.

I applied online. I received a list of questions from the HR rep a week later. They were basic questions like why are you applying to this jobs, what is your knowledge of quantitative research methods, what is your experience with SAS/SPSS etc. Sent the answers to my questions the same day. Received a response from the HR rep saying they would call me for a phone interview the following week. The questions asked during the interview were basic situational questions like describe a time you had to work as a team. The HR rep said they would forward my answers to the hiring manager and if they were interested they would contact me within a week. Never heard anything back

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you failed at something and how did you fix it?   Answer Question