AAR

Relevance Date Difficulty

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Huntsville, AL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AAR.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two managers

Interview Question – Putting money aside, which previous employer would you love to go back to work for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Given a number, coming back with a counter offer

Contract Specialist Interview

Contract Specialist
Wood Dale, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AAR in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very Short, one interview

Interview Question – I knew someone in the company, and pretty much had the job before the interview started. That is how AAR works. You need to know someone to get in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me what I wanted, so that process was very short as well.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer

Interviewed at AAR

Interview Details – Met directly with director of operations and senior engineer on a Saturday, they were very accommodating. No particularly tough questions, just asked about my experience. Configuration management heavy, as was expected. Was given a tour of the gigantic facility, there is clearly great potential for this location to turn into a manufacturing powerhouse, given the right people.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AAR in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had to go to CRC, that is where they do meds on you for blood pressure shots etc. and orintation. They hired me and then had me sit at home fro 2 months with no pay, I was waiting for someone to rotate out from AFGHANISTAN. I talked to AAR HR every day to see what was going. AAR let me go. I was a supervisor in AFGHANISTAN with a dffrent company, AAR really messed me up.

Interview Question – Its not the Questions, They do a thorugh back ground check on you for a secret clerence.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was very good pay, I sat at home for 2 months without pay, i called the HR every day and she told me she WAS WAITING ON MANAGEMENT, I even turned down a job with ITT to get back over seas.

Very Easy Interview

Buyer Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AAR in February 2008.

Interview Details – Just had one phone call

Interview Question – What have you disagreed on with your last boss   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said take it or leave it they did not care

Intern Interview

Wood Dale, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AAR in January 2012.

Interview Details – General behavioral questions. Tell me a time when...

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a disagreement with a boss.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set wage for interns.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Aircraft Mechanic
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AAR in December 2011.

Interview Details – Job fair held at my university to hire 150 people, 75 mechanics and 75 support technicians. I brought my resume and filled out an application online, and at the job fair. Two people interviewed me and asked me typical interview questions. I was also asked some pretty basic questions relating to my field.

Interview Question – Name a time at one of your previous occupations you had a conflict with another employee.   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Test Engineer Interview

Goldsboro, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at AAR in April 2011.

Interview Details – I am working as a contractor through MST. I have a 6 month contract. MST set up a phone interview and AAR was supposed to call me. They called 1 hour late and blamed it on losing the phone number. The interview was short and (base on what I've seen this first week) not very representative of what is actually going on here. It was odd to get an offer the following week without an onsite interview. I accepted b/c my husband is involved in a start up so I'm geographically constrained and wanted something with a finite timeline.

Interview Question – Please discuss your resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate at this phase.

Quality Inspector Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AAR in August 2010.

Interview Details – all phone interview with HR REP AND 2 MANAGERS ASKING QUESTIONS.

Reason for Declining – LOW PAY

Analyst Interview

Wood Dale, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at AAR in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview over the phone, and then later in the month they called me to come in for a 1:1 with the VP of the job I applied for. Culture was a major factor.

Interview Question – What is your interest in the aviation industry   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for AAR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AAR interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by AAR employees and interview candidates.