AAR Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.5

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at AAR (Wood Dale, IL).

Interview

Is was invited to interview with 2 managers for 2 different positions. The HR rep I was working with was not good at following through. I was told I would get a call by a certain time and day about 3 times. 2 days after, I found myself contacting them because we had to reschedule a time to talk. Eventually I made it in for the interviews. After the first manager, HR comes back in and tells me the other is stuck in a meeting and we would have to reschedule. 3 weeks passed and I haven't heard back despite numerous attempts to try and get that second interview.

Interview Questions

• Are there any policies or procedures you've implemented, in your previous jobs, that proved to be financially beneficial to the company? If so, describe them.   Answer Question

CNC Machinist Interview

Interview

The interview process here is a joke. Management knows nothing about machining so talking to them about machining is almost frustrating. However, if you've ever been in a machine shop, it's easy to make them believe you are the best machinist ever!

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a G00 is?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me how much I wanted and came back with an offer close to what I wanted.

Business Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at AAR (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Interviewed at the Oklahoma City facility. Had an absolutely outstanding experience. Everyone I encountered in the facility was extremely friendly from the moment I walked in the door. The interview itself went very well. Great interaction with the panel and upper management.

Interview Questions

• None really. Very straight-forward, open, honest. Made me feel at ease as soon as I got there. Great atmosphere.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AAR (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Interviewed with two managers

Interview Questions

• Putting money aside, which previous employer would you love to go back to work for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Given a number, coming back with a counter offer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

Met directly with director of operations and senior engineer on a Saturday, they were very accommodating. No particularly tough questions, just asked about my experience. Configuration management heavy, as was expected. Was given a tour of the gigantic facility, there is clearly great potential for this location to turn into a manufacturing powerhouse, given the right people.

Composite Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AAR (Clearwater, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Went in as a contractor with aerotek. Interview was very easy. The interview was with the first shift and second shift production manager. They will do a walk through of the plant; during that time try speaking about anything you see that you have knowledge on.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a confrontation with your supervisor?   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AAR (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I had to go to CRC, that is where they do meds on you for blood pressure shots etc. and orintation. They hired me and then had me sit at home fro 2 months with no pay, I was waiting for someone to rotate out from AFGHANISTAN. I talked to AAR HR every day to see what was going. AAR let me go. I was a supervisor in AFGHANISTAN with a dffrent company, AAR really messed me up.

Interview Questions

• Its not the Questions, They do a thorugh back ground check on you for a secret clerence.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very good pay, I sat at home for 2 months without pay, i called the HR every day and she told me she WAS WAITING ON MANAGEMENT, I even turned down a job with ITT to get back over seas.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AAR (Wood Dale, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

General behavioral questions. Tell me a time when...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a disagreement with a boss.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set wage for interns.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AAR (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2011.

Interview

Job fair held at my university to hire 150 people, 75 mechanics and 75 support technicians. I brought my resume and filled out an application online, and at the job fair. Two people interviewed me and asked me typical interview questions. I was also asked some pretty basic questions relating to my field.

Interview Questions

• Name a time at one of your previous occupations you had a conflict with another employee.   2 Answers

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at AAR (Goldsboro, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

I am working as a contractor through MST. I have a 6 month contract. MST set up a phone interview and AAR was supposed to call me. They called 1 hour late and blamed it on losing the phone number. The interview was short and (base on what I've seen this first week) not very representative of what is actually going on here. It was odd to get an offer the following week without an onsite interview. I accepted b/c my husband is involved in a start up so I'm geographically constrained and wanted something with a finite timeline.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss your resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate at this phase.