AARP

AARP Intern Interview Questions

2.7

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AARP.

Applied through university career website, got the interview the next day.

Casual setting, many behavioral questions and other questions on the company and its mission

Other Interview Reviews for AARP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AARP in April 2012.

Spoke with a person in HR before I had an interview with my supervisor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AARP in September 2011.

Hiring process was very quick and transparent. Notified within a few days to interview and offered position one day after in-person meeting. Met everyone in the office and the environment was very welcoming. Usual amount of paper work and drug testing required. Overall a good process that is efficient and direct.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were a mix of experience based and situational. The most difficult questions came towards the end of the interview. Overall they were answerable but just required time to think about the best thing to say.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

After a screening phone interview in early spring, the HR said the accounting department is under re-organization so they won't have any interns during the summer. At the early June, the same HR contacted me again to set up an interview. I went in, a pretty conversational interview with my manager and got the offer right way, At the end of interview, he is actually showing me around and meeting people.

Interview Questions
    • They actually asked about my cover letter, which I wrote 6 month ago and can't remember what I had put in there.... so better go back and check everything you sent to them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AARP in May 2012.

Before the interview, I did some research about this organization (e.g. history, mission, structure, etc). But that turned out to be not so useful as the interviewers didn't ask us (it's a group interview) about what we knew about the organization. On that day, there were around 5 interviewees, and each of us talked about ourselves and why we applied for this position. Then the interviewers told us about the job duties and some facts about the organization. It was pretty easy.