AARP

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AARP.

Interview Details – Applied through university career website, got the interview the next day.

Casual setting, many behavioral questions and other questions on the company and its mission

Interview Question – How do you expect to excel in this internship   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AARP in September 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very quick and transparent. Notified within a few days to interview and offered position one day after in-person meeting. Met everyone in the office and the environment was very welcoming. Usual amount of paper work and drug testing required. Overall a good process that is efficient and direct.

Interview Question – Questions were a mix of experience based and situational. The most difficult questions came towards the end of the interview. Overall they were answerable but just required time to think about the best thing to say.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AARP in April 2012.

Interview Details – Spoke with a person in HR before I had an interview with my supervisor.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Interviewed at AARP

Interview Details – After a screening phone interview in early spring, the HR said the accounting department is under re-organization so they won't have any interns during the summer. At the early June, the same HR contacted me again to set up an interview. I went in, a pretty conversational interview with my manager and got the offer right way, At the end of interview, he is actually showing me around and meeting people.

Interview Question – They actually asked about my cover letter, which I wrote 6 month ago and can't remember what I had put in there.... so better go back and check everything you sent to them.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AARP in May 2012.

Interview Details – Before the interview, I did some research about this organization (e.g. history, mission, structure, etc). But that turned out to be not so useful as the interviewers didn't ask us (it's a group interview) about what we knew about the organization. On that day, there were around 5 interviewees, and each of us talked about ourselves and why we applied for this position. Then the interviewers told us about the job duties and some facts about the organization. It was pretty easy.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this organization/company?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AARP

Worked for AARP? Contribute to the Community!