AARP

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.5

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AARP.

Applied via LinkedIn with a resume and cover letter. Phone interview with talent manager went really well. Brought in for an interview with VP and team manager, extremely revenue driven. The building was huge, walking through the various floors, departments, and hallways, I just got a disconnected vibe—no smiles, no nods, no acknowledgement for another human being in an elevator with you, nothing. That didn't read super promising for a welcoming work environment.

Creative Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at AARP.

The interview process was very well organized and the staff were very professional. I highly recomend this company as I had a great experience. I wish I was offered the job, but I felt that I was treated really well through the process.

Network Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AARP.

Was contacted by 3rd party recruiter, which happened to be their outsourcing company for AARP out of California, an India based company, poor communication and pay was delayed often. Phone screen was technical, in person, immediate hire.

Interview Questions
    was terrible, paid less than job was worth

Treasury Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AARP.

One interview with site Treasury Director / Sr. Controller and departmental manager.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations took place between staffing agency and myself.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AARP.

Applied through university career website, got the interview the next day.

Casual setting, many behavioral questions and other questions on the company and its mission

Editorial Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AARP.

A high-up and experienced editor is in charge of hiring interns and did the one-on-one interview with me in the AARP Magazine office in Washington, DC. She asked about my experience and my writing skills. It was a very comfortable interview.

Interview Questions
    • She asked about my writing process: how I research and write my stories, and she asked how I am at pitching stories.   Answer Question
    They were not very flexible when negotiating less hours, which made it difficult as a student. I know a friend of mine that would have been a great member of their team had to turn down the position because they weren't flexible with their hours.

Executive Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AARP.

At the time I was hired the interview went well and the process was seamless

Graduate Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AARP.

After receiving a response from an online ad, I submitted my resume and was invited to an in person interview. There was a 20-minute exercise after which I was asked to explain my reasoning etc.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had a conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

AARP Intern Level III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AARP in October 2013.

Simple apply

Interview Questions
    • Would you want to be in your client's shoes?   View Answer

Policy Research Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AARP.

I was called for an interview not long after I applied for the position. The interview was over the phone with AARP's HR Director, and it was very straightforward with no surprises. It was actually a pleasant interview. They requested writing samples and I forwarded them along. Currently waiting to hear back about the next step.

Interview Questions
    • I have followed up with the Director but have not heard anything from AARP since my interview last month.   Answer Question