AARP

34 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AARP in May 2011.

Interview Details – I met with both peers and senior management and in each case felt a very positive response to my answers. The work environment lived up to my expectations once I started the job.

Interview Question – I really don't think the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for negotiation, perhaps because AARP is a non-profit.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Horsham, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AARP in May 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring Process was easy and the Hiring Manager made the interview process very comfortable. The environment was laid back, the manager was very friendly and The process was well put together.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answer

AARP Intern Level III Interview

AARP Intern Level III
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AARP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Simple apply

Interview Question – Would you want to be in your client's shoes?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AARP in June 2010.

Interview Details – Rather painless interview process, it consisted of a pre-screening, and onsite interview with three different people. I also completed a personality questionnaire. From start to finish, the process took approximately two months.

Interview Question – I was asked to read a case study in advance. I also completed a writing test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a higher salary. I did not offer up my salary requirements, and I would encourage others to do the same.

Editor Interview

Editor
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AARP in April 2012.

Interview Details – the interview went very quick and it wasn't very eventful. They made a decision very quick.

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation at all.

Network Architect Interview

Network Architect

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AARP.

Interview Details – Was contacted by 3rd party recruiter, which happened to be their outsourcing company for AARP out of California, an India based company, poor communication and pay was delayed often. Phone screen was technical, in person, immediate hire.

Interview Question – They were not very technical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was terrible, paid less than job was worth

Treasury Operations Manager Interview

Treasury Operations Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AARP.

Interview Details – One interview with site Treasury Director / Sr. Controller and departmental manager.

Interview Question – Did I know a joke I could share?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiations took place between staffing agency and myself.

Senior Advisor/Manager Interview

Senior Advisor/Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at AARP in April 2013.

Interview Details – Was initially brought in by Human Resources, they organized a panel interview as well as one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. The final round was with the head of the business unit. HR was on top of things, even though the process was slower than I expected.

Interview Question – All interviews required quick thinking and responses. The interviewers from different backgrounds and had different perspectives.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – AARP knew my expectations and matched it. I negotiated on few aspects. In hindsight I would have negotiated the title and the vacation time.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AARP.

Interview Details – Applied through university career website, got the interview the next day.

Casual setting, many behavioral questions and other questions on the company and its mission

Interview Question – How do you expect to excel in this internship   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Trainee
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AARP in April 2012.

Interview Details – I thought the interview was a good , The interviewer show respect.

Negotiation Details – It was good

Interviews for Top Jobs at AARP

Worked for AARP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AARP interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by AARP employees and interview candidates.