AARP

2.5

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AARP.

First interview was a phone interview, with general questions about what I have worked on and what skill sets I have. Second interview was an on site interview. and I was notified within 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about Software development life cycle, how would I handle problematic situations at work, and some more technical questions about how to use SOAP UI tool.   Answer Question

Graduate Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AARP.

After receiving a response from an online ad, I submitted my resume and was invited to an in person interview. There was a 20-minute exercise after which I was asked to explain my reasoning etc.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had a conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Channel Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AARP.

Hiring is long and extremely complicated. The HR department is pretty incompetent so many people come in through friends or as contractors.

Interview Questions
    • What is the lowest salary you will accept?   View Answer
    Converting from contractor to full time was a complex negotiation

Senior Advisor/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AARP in April 2013.

Was initially brought in by Human Resources, they organized a panel interview as well as one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. The final round was with the head of the business unit. HR was on top of things, even though the process was slower than I expected.

Interview Questions
    • All interviews required quick thinking and responses. The interviewers from different backgrounds and had different perspectives.   Answer Question
    AARP knew my expectations and matched it. I negotiated on few aspects. In hindsight I would have negotiated the title and the vacation time.

Creative Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AARP.

The interview process was very well organized and the staff were very professional. I highly recomend this company as I had a great experience. I wish I was offered the job, but I felt that I was treated really well through the process.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AARP in May 2011.

I met with both peers and senior management and in each case felt a very positive response to my answers. The work environment lived up to my expectations once I started the job.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much room for negotiation, perhaps because AARP is a non-profit.

Policy Research Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AARP.

I was called for an interview not long after I applied for the position. The interview was over the phone with AARP's HR Director, and it was very straightforward with no surprises. It was actually a pleasant interview. They requested writing samples and I forwarded them along. Currently waiting to hear back about the next step.

Interview Questions
    • I have followed up with the Director but have not heard anything from AARP since my interview last month.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AARP in September 2011.

Hiring process was very quick and transparent. Notified within a few days to interview and offered position one day after in-person meeting. Met everyone in the office and the environment was very welcoming. Usual amount of paper work and drug testing required. Overall a good process that is efficient and direct.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were a mix of experience based and situational. The most difficult questions came towards the end of the interview. Overall they were answerable but just required time to think about the best thing to say.   Answer Question

IT Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AARP.

I had a phone interview with the recruiter that went very well and then I had one with the hiring manager that also went well. I then advanced to an in person interview with the hiring manager and a panel interview in DC. The panel interview was challenging but not because the questions were difficult, it was because for one hour you have 4 different people asking you totally unrelated questions. The only process the interview seemed to follow was that the questions were asked in a counter clockwise order. I never received any communication from anyone after I left the building. No one returned my phone call or email. I was really excited about this opportunity and company but now after being treated so poorly after the interview my only regret is going in the first place and trusting that a recruiter would be respectful. Everyone should be treated with common courtesy, even candidates. It has always been my policy to give feedback within three days whenever possible.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions but I did find that the panel members had a hard time relating to industries outside of their own professional experience and you have only a minute or two per question to try to help them understand or relate. I believe individual interviews would work better for the position I was being interviewed for.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AARP in December 2011.

The process took about two months in total. I sent off my resume and clips and was contacted a week or so later to schedule an interview. I met with the person who would be my supervisor and she was very nice. We talked about my previous internships and what I liked to write about.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was anything difficult about the interview.   Answer Question