AARP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.5

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AARP (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, with general questions about what I have worked on and what skill sets I have. Second interview was an on site interview. and I was notified within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about Software development life cycle, how would I handle problematic situations at work, and some more technical questions about how to use SOAP UI tool.   Answer Question

Graduate Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AARP.

Interview

After receiving a response from an online ad, I submitted my resume and was invited to an in person interview. There was a 20-minute exercise after which I was asked to explain my reasoning etc.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had a conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Channel Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AARP.

Interview

Hiring is long and extremely complicated. The HR department is pretty incompetent so many people come in through friends or as contractors.

Interview Questions

• What is the lowest salary you will accept?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Converting from contractor to full time was a complex negotiation

Senior Advisor/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

Was initially brought in by Human Resources, they organized a panel interview as well as one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. The final round was with the head of the business unit. HR was on top of things, even though the process was slower than I expected.

Interview Questions

• All interviews required quick thinking and responses. The interviewers from different backgrounds and had different perspectives.   Answer Question

Negotiation

AARP knew my expectations and matched it. I negotiated on few aspects. In hindsight I would have negotiated the title and the vacation time.

Creative Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AARP (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and the staff were very professional. I highly recomend this company as I had a great experience. I wish I was offered the job, but I felt that I was treated really well through the process.

Meeting and Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AARP (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the main hiring manager. She was super nice and asks great questions. First time I ever actually enjoyed an interview. I was invited for a 4 person panel interview the very next week. It was professional but everyone was still quite pleasant. I interviewed on a Thursday and was offered the job on Friday.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle needing to push back on a directors idea or vision?   Answer Question

Advisor, Training & Awareness Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially there is a phone interview. Once you move to the in-person interview expect the interview to be approximately 2 - 3 hours in length. Your interview is with your peers individually increments of 30 - 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you used change management methodology to develop an organizational change plan.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AARP in May 2015.

Interview

I am a little frustrated with their hiring process. I applied for a job about 6 weeks ago and was reached out immediately. Then a month later I had my first interview with an HR person via telephone. The phone interview went pretty well and at the end of the interview I was told that I will next be interviewed by the VP of the department. Despite writing a nice thank you email and a follow up email about a week after the thank you email was sent, I never heard back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Just basic general questions about your qualifications   Answer Question

DC Outreach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AARP (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted via email to schedule an interview time. I went to Washington DC for the interview and it was good. I was asked a couple questions from my resume and I was also given an assignment to work on and submit in 24 hours which I did. The job was offered to me three days after and I took it ofcourse! :)))

Interview Questions

• Just basically pulling out my experience from my resume and asking me to talk more on the roles I had. I was also given a task/assignment to complete within 24 hours of the interview   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AARP.

Interview

I was called for an interview not long after I applied for the position. The interview was over the phone with AARP's HR Director, and it was very straightforward with no surprises. It was actually a pleasant interview. They requested writing samples and I forwarded them along. Currently waiting to hear back about the next step.

Interview Questions

• I have followed up with the Director but have not heard anything from AARP since my interview last month.   Answer Question