AARP

Negotiation Details – Decent

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at AARP

Interview Details – After a screening phone interview in early spring, the HR said the accounting department is under re-organization so they won't have any interns during the summer. At the early June, the same HR contacted me again to set up an interview. I went in, a pretty conversational interview with my manager and got the offer right way, At the end of interview, he is actually showing me around and meeting people.

Interview Question – They actually asked about my cover letter, which I wrote 6 month ago and can't remember what I had put in there.... so better go back and check everything you sent to them.   Answer Question

Vice President, Strategic Alliances Interview

Vice President, Strategic Alliances

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AARP in July 2012.

Interview Details – Very slow process. They want to be fast moving, but they aren't. It seems to me if you want to change corporate culture you would indeed emulate that during the process. Have to know someone to get the job - network is the only way in. The recruiter didn't even know about the COO telling them who to hire - seems to be a waste of time for everyone.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to work here?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Editorial Intern Interview

Editorial Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AARP.

Interview Details – A high-up and experienced editor is in charge of hiring interns and did the one-on-one interview with me in the AARP Magazine office in Washington, DC. She asked about my experience and my writing skills. It was a very comfortable interview.

Interview Question – She asked about my writing process: how I research and write my stories, and she asked how I am at pitching stories.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not very flexible when negotiating less hours, which made it difficult as a student. I know a friend of mine that would have been a great member of their team had to turn down the position because they weren't flexible with their hours.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AARP.

Interview Details – Applied through university career website, got the interview the next day.

Casual setting, many behavioral questions and other questions on the company and its mission

Interview Question – How do you expect to excel in this internship   Answer Question

Treasury Operations Manager Interview

Treasury Operations Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AARP.

Interview Details – One interview with site Treasury Director / Sr. Controller and departmental manager.

Interview Question – Did I know a joke I could share?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiations took place between staffing agency and myself.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AARP in June 2010.

Interview Details – Rather painless interview process, it consisted of a pre-screening, and onsite interview with three different people. I also completed a personality questionnaire. From start to finish, the process took approximately two months.

Interview Question – I was asked to read a case study in advance. I also completed a writing test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a higher salary. I did not offer up my salary requirements, and I would encourage others to do the same.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Horsham, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AARP in May 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring Process was easy and the Hiring Manager made the interview process very comfortable. The environment was laid back, the manager was very friendly and The process was well put together.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answer

Senior Research Advisor Interview

Senior Research Advisor

I applied online - interviewed at AARP in October 2012.

Interview Details – several interviews

Interview Question – greatest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes I negotiated

AARP Intern Level III Interview

AARP Intern Level III
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AARP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Simple apply

Interview Question – Would you want to be in your client's shoes?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at AARP

Worked for AARP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AARP interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by AARP employees and interview candidates.