AARP

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.5

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AARP.

Applied via LinkedIn with a resume and cover letter. Phone interview with talent manager went really well. Brought in for an interview with VP and team manager, extremely revenue driven. The building was huge, walking through the various floors, departments, and hallways, I just got a disconnected vibe—no smiles, no nods, no acknowledgement for another human being in an elevator with you, nothing. That didn't read super promising for a welcoming work environment.

Creative Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at AARP.

The interview process was very well organized and the staff were very professional. I highly recomend this company as I had a great experience. I wish I was offered the job, but I felt that I was treated really well through the process.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AARP in May 2011.

I met with both peers and senior management and in each case felt a very positive response to my answers. The work environment lived up to my expectations once I started the job.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much room for negotiation, perhaps because AARP is a non-profit.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AARP in May 2013.

Hiring Process was easy and the Hiring Manager made the interview process very comfortable. The environment was laid back, the manager was very friendly and The process was well put together.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AARP in June 2010.

Rather painless interview process, it consisted of a pre-screening, and onsite interview with three different people. I also completed a personality questionnaire. From start to finish, the process took approximately two months.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to read a case study in advance. I also completed a writing test.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for a higher salary. I did not offer up my salary requirements, and I would encourage others to do the same.

AARP Intern Level III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AARP in October 2013.

Simple apply

Interview Questions
    • Would you want to be in your client's shoes?   View Answer

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AARP in April 2012.

the interview went very quick and it wasn't very eventful. They made a decision very quick.

there was no negotiation at all.

Network Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AARP.

Was contacted by 3rd party recruiter, which happened to be their outsourcing company for AARP out of California, an India based company, poor communication and pay was delayed often. Phone screen was technical, in person, immediate hire.

Interview Questions
    was terrible, paid less than job was worth

Treasury Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AARP.

One interview with site Treasury Director / Sr. Controller and departmental manager.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations took place between staffing agency and myself.

Senior Advisor/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AARP in April 2013.

Was initially brought in by Human Resources, they organized a panel interview as well as one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. The final round was with the head of the business unit. HR was on top of things, even though the process was slower than I expected.

Interview Questions
    • All interviews required quick thinking and responses. The interviewers from different backgrounds and had different perspectives.   Answer Question
    AARP knew my expectations and matched it. I negotiated on few aspects. In hindsight I would have negotiated the title and the vacation time.