AARP

Updated Nov 12, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AARP.

Applied via LinkedIn with a resume and cover letter. Phone interview with talent manager went really well. Brought in for an interview with VP and team manager, extremely revenue driven. The building was huge, walking through the various floors, departments, and hallways, I just got a disconnected vibe—no smiles, no nods, no acknowledgement for another human being in an elevator with you, nothing. That didn't read super promising for a welcoming work environment.

Other Interview Reviews for AARP

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AARP in May 2011.

I met with both peers and senior management and in each case felt a very positive response to my answers. The work environment lived up to my expectations once I started the job.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much room for negotiation, perhaps because AARP is a non-profit.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AARP in April 2008.

Everyone was very nice. I meet with several marketing directors who were most concerned about my fit with the organization's culture. I got the impression that there was a lot of bureacratic infighting going on.

Interview Questions