AARP

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Policy Research Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at AARP.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview not long after I applied for the position. The interview was over the phone with AARP's HR Director, and it was very straightforward with no surprises. It was actually a pleasant interview. They requested writing samples and I forwarded them along. Currently waiting to hear back about the next step.

Interview Question – I have followed up with the Director but have not heard anything from AARP since my interview last month.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Policy Research Analyst Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AARP in May 2008.

Interview Details – I applied via the web, sent in a cover letter, resume, and writing sample. I was contacted by the recruiter to gauge my continued interest and set up an interview with the hiring manager. I went in for the interview where I spoke with senior experts on the team.

Interview Questions

• Presented a research scenario and asked me to describe how I would go about starting a paper on the topic.   Answer Question
  • Specific questions about size and complexity of datasets used.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not need to negotiate--my salary request was within the range allocated for the position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for AARP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AARP Policy Research Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by AARP employees and interview candidates.