AARP

Updated Nov 12, 2014

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AARP.

Applied via LinkedIn with a resume and cover letter. Phone interview with talent manager went really well. Brought in for an interview with VP and team manager, extremely revenue driven. The building was huge, walking through the various floors, departments, and hallways, I just got a disconnected vibe—no smiles, no nods, no acknowledgement for another human being in an elevator with you, nothing. That didn't read super promising for a welcoming work environment.

Creative Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at AARP.

The interview process was very well organized and the staff were very professional. I highly recomend this company as I had a great experience. I wish I was offered the job, but I felt that I was treated really well through the process.

Executive Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AARP.

At the time I was hired the interview went well and the process was seamless

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at AARP.

I had a phone interview with the recruiter that went very well and then I had one with the hiring manager that also went well. I then advanced to an in person interview with the hiring manager and a panel interview in DC. The panel interview was challenging but not because the questions were difficult, it was because for one hour you have 4 different people asking you totally unrelated questions. The only process the interview seemed to follow was that the questions were asked in a counter clockwise order. I never received any communication from anyone after I left the building. No one returned my phone call or email. I was really excited about this opportunity and company but now after being treated so poorly after the interview my only regret is going in the first place and trusting that a recruiter would be respectful. Everyone should be treated with common courtesy, even candidates. It has always been my policy to give feedback within three days whenever possible.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions but I did find that the panel members had a hard time relating to industries outside of their own professional experience and you have only a minute or two per question to try to help them understand or relate. I believe individual interviews would work better for the position I was being interviewed for.   Answer Question

Senior Advisor/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AARP in April 2013.

Was initially brought in by Human Resources, they organized a panel interview as well as one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. The final round was with the head of the business unit. HR was on top of things, even though the process was slower than I expected.

Interview Questions
    • All interviews required quick thinking and responses. The interviewers from different backgrounds and had different perspectives.   Answer Question
    AARP knew my expectations and matched it. I negotiated on few aspects. In hindsight I would have negotiated the title and the vacation time.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AARP in April 2012.

the interview went very quick and it wasn't very eventful. They made a decision very quick.

there was no negotiation at all.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AARP in April 2012.

Spoke with a person in HR before I had an interview with my supervisor.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AARP in December 2011.

The process took about two months in total. I sent off my resume and clips and was contacted a week or so later to schedule an interview. I met with the person who would be my supervisor and she was very nice. We talked about my previous internships and what I liked to write about.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was anything difficult about the interview.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AARP in May 2011.

The first round was just everything about your experiences. The second round was 2 case interviews with 2 business managers.
    \The first case question was something like to estimate the market size of a potential product. The second one was to give some business/marketing advice to a product of AARP.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AARP in February 2011.

I applied online and got the call for a brief interview with HR
    a) Why AARP
    b) Why non profit
    Later I got a call to come over to the office for a face to face session with the team. All the people I met were really nice.
    Why AARP, Why this role, example of a good day at work, bad day at work, good boss to work for, role relevant questions.
    I was called for another panel interview. They were trying to find a fit and personality assessment giving specific situations that they experience at work. This one was very behavioral

Interview Questions
    Actually it matched my expectation.