AB Sciex Interview Questions

3.1

Customer Support Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at AB Sciex in March 2014.

Interview

Took a while starting from phone interviews, personal interview, HR phone interview, computer based personality test, another phone interview - total process took ~6 months but was in between delayed becaused of unexpected circumstances. Probably usually it would have been done in 3-4 months.

The computer based personality test was a classical psychological thing - relationship towards risks, how do you treat people, etc. The personal as well as the phone interview with the GM's were very informal, the phone interview with HR more a formal one.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Interestingly the interview transformed into some form of coaching discussion for a reason I learned later. Therefore the interview was probably a bit atypical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Partial home office work due to long commuting distance so that I am not bound to travel on Sunday eve or Friday aft.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AB Sciex (Foster City, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter to set up phone interviews.
    First interview was a screening interview with HR.
    Second was a lengthy phone call with the hiring manager. (Alarm bells went of at the time due to lack of willingness to answer questions)
    Had three subsequent interviews with technical experts 3 or 4 weeks later.
    Was asked to provide reference, complete and online personality test and online interview (6 hours)
    AB Sciex contacted all referenced before offering a position. This caused management at my current employer to become aware that I was looking for another position and I was later terminated. Checking of references should only be done when an employer is ready to offer employment and an prospective employee ready to accept)
    Was contacted to have face to face interviews at their facility. Was not provided hotel information and interview was set up for only two hours after a 7 hour trip. Was expected to present for one hour and have panel interview. No provision was made for a facilities tour or other means by which to judge work environment.
    Based on feedback from people knowledgable about the company I declined to proceed further. I understand the remaining candidate also declined.

I was very put off by the hubrus of the hiring manager, the apparent lack of structure in the company and the fact that they checked references before finishing the interview process. The checking of un-authorized references caused my present employer to learn of my job search.
    The company would not allow me to sufficient ability to assess them as a new employer. (Interviews are a two way street)
    Feedback on the company from current employees was very poor.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AB Sciex (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

I met several managers through phone interviews and considering remote parts of the world , I didn't have to met face to face with them. Rigourous interview process however , and it was completed around the time AB SCIEX was exiting from Life Technologies so added an additional level of approval complexity. I believe as an independent entity it is easier for them to move quicker these days

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding how to handle difficult employee situations , and to give examples of how you have managed that in the past   Answer Question

Negotiation

A fair and reasonable offer was presented based on expectations I had advised earlier

Junior -Int Digital Electronics HW/Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AB Sciex (Concord, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Got an e-mail a few days after applying asking me to come in for a written test (half an hour). The test was 3 questions all technical which tested your knowledge on microcontrollers and programming. Got an email a week later saying I was not selected to proceed. Had I proceeded, the next step was a 2-3 hour in-person interview and tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• Draw out the system (microcontroller, MOSFET, inductor, PWM generator) and show the configuration   Answer Question
    • How would you test a microcontroller with digital/analog I/O? Write a test plan.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that takes in an array and outputs the reversal of that array.   Answer Question

EMarketing & CRM Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AB Sciex (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2011.

Interview

Had to go through three rounds of interviews. They are very detailed and will query your experience and background. HR is actively involved and are also very familiar with the scientific theories around Mass Spectrometry, Life Science and their relevant Applications. In the end, it was all worth it and you really felt part of the team by the time you joined, because your colleagues will treat you as family.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult colleague.   Answer Question

Final Test Specialist Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at AB Sciex in February 2010.

Interview

need to understand basic Electronic circuit diagrams & this will be tested

Interview Questions

• what is this circuit diagram 1   1 Answer
    • what is this circuit diagram 2   1 Answer

Negotiation

very smooth, good price for fresh graduates from relevant fields from Biomedical Electronic background Diploma

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AB Sciex in April 2009.

Interview

Long process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair deal