ABB

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.8

Applications Engineer Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

I joined ABB as a Management Trainee. We were selected based on our undergraduate GPA, and the requirement was a minimum of 70% (in the Indian system of calculation - in percentages). First of, there was a comprehensive assessment in Math, English and concepts of engineering. Then, a final one-on-one interview at the headquarters, conducted by the HR and one Vice President.

Interview Questions
  • What is so different about ABB and why do you want to join us ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ABB

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB in December 2009.

I was interviewed by phone with 2~3 times, and went to the onsite. In the onsite interview, they mainly focus on my resume and asked the technical question, like the var control, voltage regulation, renewable energy...I have waited for two months, no offer yet

Interview Questions
    • What is the best place to implement the FACTS device in the system?   View Answer
    • Comparing to other source, what is the difference for wind turbine?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warminster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warminster, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB in October 2008.

I got both phone interviewed and in-person interviewed. The people I interviewed with are nice and easy going but not professional interviewers. They did not ask the regular interview questions but exchanged experience of what they do and what I do. But the waiting time to get the office is long

no negotiation applied

Applications Engineer Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview was of 2 rounds .. Technical and HR. Technical round was taken by the hiring mgr and ask questions related to SQL ,Java and went for 40 min . After few weeks had next round with the recruiter and mostly behavioral questions were asked. Later they asked me to fill few documents and offer was released .

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ABB in February 2009.

Interview is more of a technical nature and questions are from the previous experience .Always question more about the role they offer as title may not seem to match with the role.