ABB Group

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

Telephonic Conversation abt prev projects and technical. Challenging project in the past.
    Technical questions on technology. Willingness to join. diff between HLD and LLD. Limitations of embedded world. Most interesting project of the past.

Bus Development Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

Short and sweet. Panel type process with manager, vp operations and hr. Over in <2hours. It helped that I had insiders that helped to recruit me so I am sure they were briefed on my background.

Interview Questions
    • describe the technology of what I would be selling thought I had not been pre briefed.   Answer Question
    one sided

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ABB Group.

Interview process was positive, there were some signs I may have miss read. As for the hiring process, mine and others have been riddled with slow(1-2 month) processing of starting you as a new employee. Meaning basic things you need to do your job won't be completed so you'll be walking on egg shells for a while. Then there's the matter of reimbursement. It is possible you may have a good experience with ABB however, I had a horror story and others have too. Things not being moved, things damaged, not being reimbursed, several month wait for payback, high expenses un accounted for.

I negotiated, they accepted, then they never followed through and reverted back to the original offer.

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

Four person interview. Talked about my resume and my job plans. Answered questions about the job. They only asked one standard interview question which wasn't what I prepared for but the rest of the interview was more about discussing my resume, skills and the job requirement and if I meet those. The group was nice and friendly but I couldn't help feel really intimidated. After a few minutes I got over it.

Interview Questions
    • For me it was what my dream position was. I really hadn't thought about it.   Answer Question

Principal Consulting Applications Engineer Interview

Less organization within this organization. The person that scheduled the interview messed up the time and then tried push the blame on me. Not a good way to sell the company. Interview started late.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate till you get what you want

R&D Intern Interview

Mainly email communication with one interview at the company before hiring. Simple interview asking about basic tool skills, 3D modeling experience, and mechanical ability. Was a very easy and laid back interview.

Interview Questions
    • Waiting for correspondence from the company in regards to the next steps.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ABB Group in April 2014.

Applied via campus recruiting. Simple design questions on campus then proceeded to onsite. Onsite was with 7 employees ranging from developer to senior developers. Questions range from design, test case generation, vocabulary questions to math questions. One annoyance was questions were very vague and interviewers did not clarify very well.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot remember if under NDA so I won't discuss specifics. Be prepared for design questions.   Answer Question

Lower pay and poor work environment.

PAL Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ABB Group in November 2013.

I had a phone interview, then a college campus interview, then a 2-day facility interview. The facility interview had a business casual dinner followed by a day of company overviews and four one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions; Tell me of a time when you encountered a conflict. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

P & C Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB Group.

Applied online, Invited for interview at office.
    Offered the intern position in 1 week

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ABB Group.

Started with a phone screen with a non-technical person who just asked questions that were easily answered on my resume he had in front of him. Played phone tag with the guy before getting an on-site interview. On site interview was typical entry level software questions involving data structures mostly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't very difficult if you didn't lie on your resume. They were clear and to the point about what they expected you to know about the specific technologies. A lot of HR type questions grilling your performance in school. They seemed to care more about the one bad mark you obtained rather than the 99 good marks. Overall not a bad interview.   Answer Question