ABB Group Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 11, 2014
44 interviews

2.8

Procurement Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ABB Group in August 2011.

Through Hiring agency..not much difficulty. No permanent position. Have to go thorough their preferred recruitment agency. If you know the hiring manager or anyone who can refer, you will get the job

NO Negotiations

Management Trainee Interview

It comprised of 3 Rounds. Aptitude Test, Technical interview, HR round. HR round comprised of HR interview, Group Discussion and Presentation. Process was centralized .

Interview Questions
    • Will transformer designed for 60HZ work well in India ?   Answer Question

Electronic Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Västerås, Västmanland (Sweden)
    Anonymous Employee in Västerås, Västmanland (Sweden)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABB Group in October 2013.

First of I meet ABB on a company/job con. You'll get to talk to someone from the HR there. And if you are lucky you are a person they are looking after. Then they want to chat some more with you about you education and what you do and what are you good at. And from here you might get informations to someone to speak to in ABB or a business card. You'll get a joboppertunity to submit too.

After that you can call the person on the business card and just "comfirm" that they have gotten your applications on/from the company homepage.

When the time has ended for the jobapplication then they are starting to filter the applications and call some of the people on all the jobapplications. Hopefully you are one of them. (Most likely if you called or e-mailed!).

When they call you there will be a quick phoneinterview. Mostly just formal information questions, time and place for a first interview and little about yourself.

On the interview you will mostly likely meet the chief and a HR-person. First you'll get information about ABB in whole and the daughter company for ABB Group you are applying for. Now they will go though your CV from first line of text to the last in principle. After that they will go though your application lettler in short.

It's alot of personal information they want, who are you, what have you done, what do you like to do on your freetime and more alike questions. Then you'll will get to look at some products of ABB and there will be some small questions about what you think about the products. At the same time there will be handed some information about the job to you.

If all has gone well and they look please you will be lead out and most likley they call you again. This time they will book you in for a drug test.

The drug test makes sure you are healthy in aspects on have you taken any kind of drugs, do you have diabetics. And if your kidneys work well or are you training alot with extra proteins so that your urin has proteins. Then there is a hearing, eye-shight test, bloodtest to see how healthy you are in terms of condition and other stuff in blood. This medical test takes about 30 mins to 1 hour.

If the medical test looks good then you'll get another call and hopefully you are suited for the application from all the criterias. If not they'll tell you why not. If you are, you'll be booked in for another interview where salary and the job you are applying for is the main disucssion. And if you accept on the terms and they accept on your terms then you'll get a contract in your hand to sign on. (I personally would take the contract with me and read it though and with your union to make sure that everything is correct).

If you sign it then post or hand it in and make a call to the chief and you'll will start working. Until here you are still able to say no if you feel like the contract isn't suiting you well and isn't what the union has signed up on with ABB.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about being a leader?
      Would you like to become a project leader or higher in future in ABB?
      What do you think about the products?
        View Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Boston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Boston, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABB Group in June 2013.

Most positions are open for a duration of 3 months. Hiring is predominant during start of second quarter each year.
    The HR phone call for 30 minutes discussion was the first round.
    Likeliness towards applied position, job location, relocation benefits, compensation, work permits etc were discussed. HR promised to get back if selected for next round.

HR got back two weeks since and scheduled appointment with Hiring Manager.
    Hiring manager was my manager to whom i report now.
    Questions asked were, tell us about you present job? whats the exciting part of your present job?
    He explained about the company and job position. Briefed up job responsibilities. Mentioned players with whom i would interact each day. willingness to relocate if selected. Let me know they have other candidates to interview and that HR would contact back.

HR was so considerate in sending a follow up E mail and inquiring about the phone call with hiring manager.
    Two weeks since, date set for interview. Flight tickets, rental car with GPS and hotel accommodation was booked.

I arrived at 8 AM for the interview that lasted for 6 hours with 6 people.
    First hour commenced with a plant tour and an interaction with Quality and Process Engineer. Questions like tell me about yourself, strengths, people management, leadership skills etc were asked.

Second Interview was face to face with Hiring manager (Executive Quality Manager). Questions very specific to resume and job descriptions.

Third interview with Product Manager for the product line i was hired for.

4th interview with the Operations Manager.

Lunch with hiring manager and operations manager.

5th Interview with Quality Systems Manager. Questions w.r.t Resume and quality tools. FMEA, Control plans, process maps, checklists, internal/external audits, how did you handle a defective component? etc.

Final round with the HR coordinator. This was a wonderful discussion where the HR coordinator explained the history of this plant, how many ppl worked, shifts, vacation policies, sick leave policy, health insurances etc.

Result was announced on the third day of interview.
    Later relocation coordinator contacted and provided information. The HR was so considerate in providing housing information and i ended up renting a house of ABB Ex employee in the area.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult Question/unexpected question, but challenging question - Explain a root cause analysis with past experience, what were causes, how did you arrive at causes, what data was collected to prove evidence of causes, and how did you find out the root cause of the problem.   Answer Question
    Check out compensations for the county in FLC data base and negotiate salary with hiring manager. Always room for negotiation.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABB Group.

Applications are taken Online, then recruitment team will contact for getting the personal information. A telephonic interview and then after that one to one interview

Interview Questions
    • Generally interview is related to your field, more on to the technical side   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brno (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at ABB Group in July 2011.

I was invited to a single interview where I was interviewed by two project managers. Part of the interview was conducted in Czech whilst the other part in English. Topics were very general at first, then slightly technically oriented. Atmosphere was very relaxed and slightly informal, the interview happened in a friendly spirit in a conference room of the department and took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • There was a technical question to define and describe a switchgear unit produced by the company, which I could not identify. More detailed study of the factories product prior to the interview would be helpful on this specific case.   Answer Question

Intern At the Baden CRC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at ABB Group in March 2012.

I applied through the EPFL portal
    Took quite a lot of time until they answered.
    Interview was exceptionally relaxed, although not necessarily easy. They asked questions related to the fields mentioned in my CV.
    Next, they asked me if I knew X. I was embarrassed to say I didn't. "Perfect. It relates to Y feature in Z, can you now figure out what it's about? Great, can you now come up with some solutions?".
    Last, they said they want to ask me something that I didn't know. But I already knew who would win the UEFA Champions League.

I have no idea why not many companies do relevant interviews like this.

Interview Questions
    • Relevant questions from the fields of interest listed in my CV and asking details about previous projects.   Answer Question
    Standard salary, no negotiation possible

Taxi Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Zuri (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Employee in Zuri (Afghanistan)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 7+ months - interviewed at ABB Group in February 2011.

it's not easy because no chance

Sales Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at ABB Group.

visited three times and meet diffrent levels, group discussion and case interview

Manager Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuwait City (Kuwait)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuwait City (Kuwait)

interviewed at ABB Group in June 2009.

Seek to know your previous salary to cap the present salary, and experience is necessary, however the resume at that ointment holds little weight.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you work for the previous employer for such a short time?   Answer Question

Worked for ABB Group? Contribute to the Community!