ABB Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Sales and Marketing Interview

Manager Sales and Marketing
Kuwait City (Kuwait)

I interviewed at ABB Group in June 2009.

Interview Details – Seek to know your previous salary to cap the present salary, and experience is necessary, however the resume at that ointment holds little weight.

Interview Question – Why did you work for the previous employer for such a short time?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ABB Group.

Interview Details – Very friendly interviewers.

Interview Question – How will you do conflict resolution at workplace.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Stafford, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ABB Group in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview is more of a technical nature and questions are from the previous experience .Always question more about the role they offer as title may not seem to match with the role.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Software Engineer - Quality Interview

Senior Software Engineer - Quality
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ABB Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – One round of telephonic and one round of Face to Face interview

Interview Question – How will your previous experience help our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very less scope for negotiation

Service Engineer Interview

Service Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ABB Group in March 2009.

Interview Details – Three interviews, with a separate session by the HR team. Technical background and the ability to demonstrate your attitude is very important.

Interview Question – Project management experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is possible to negotiate for an increment after the probation period, do insist on that.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ABB Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – This is very Pleasant experience

Interview Question – Not anything appeared as such   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Looks monopoly, they tell how much salary they can offer, but that will be a good figure only.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ABB Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – Poor communication and co-ordination of the interview process, seemed very disorganised, had to chase for interview details on two occasions!

Very Easy Interview

Control Systems Engineer Traction Systems Interview

Control Systems Engineer Traction Systems

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ABB Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – First a bit to my person: I'm finishing my master's thesis in mechanical engineering and was looking for a job with the goal to have one before I finish my master in order to go with a clear head into holidays.
Sent a speculative application for a job that had to do with control systems engineering and was if possible in r&d. One week later I got contacted by Abb and asked me if I would be interested in the job. They sent me a job description per mail and I accepted to go to an interview. Asked beforehand what the dress code was, and a suit with no tie was advised. Interview was pretty friendly. Checked beforehand who the human resources contact is. Turns out, Abb always has some specialist for a specific department in human resources...in my case the guy was an electrical engineering recruiting specialist. Must say this is impressive and you do notice the difference. First part of the interview was with him for about one hour. He touched all the typical topics but with rather nice and very original questions pretty specific to my cv. The guy was smart and knew how to profile me with my cv . Anyway, in my opinion at this stage, if there is no bs in your cv and you're just sincere and show yourself from your good side you don't have to worry about anything, it will just flow. Don't expect the typical: tell me 3 weaknesses about yourself; but rather know them and prepare to link them to your cv.
Second part of the interview was with my future boss, a senior engineer and the boss from the twin department. Future boss led the interview 90% of the time. Questions were mostly about my experience and also told me a lot about the job. He did try once, when he ran out of questions to ask me, what I did bad at my job. I told him I had a pretty messy desk and tend to be too curious about the problems my colleagues are solving. They were happy with it...and I was being honest.

Interview Question – Had to do a 1min pitch for a personal project. The project is pretty technical and the HR guy asked me to explain/sell it to him in under 1min in simple terms. That threw me in cold water and looking back I would have done it differently. Think this was more about reaction and structure, than content. Also think he asked me this, because I said that in 3-5 years I would like to be in project management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I'm fresh out of my master I didn't have much room to negotiate. I knew what I was getting. Besides ABB here in Switzerland offer some of the best working conditions, at least on paper. The job would have to be really bad to make it suck overall and I really don't think that is going to happen.

Legal Director Interview

Legal Director
Cairo (Egypt)

Interviewed at ABB Group

Interview Details – Long questionaire , boring usual questions. Biased and unprofessional interviewer. No feedback at all.

Interview Question – Who are you going to vote for today ?   Answer Question

Manager Technical Interview

Manager Technical
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ABB Group in February 2008.

Interview Details – Advertised over our website.Applications are recd. by HR by interested candidates.There is an internal reference process also.We prefer to keep the hiring process internal.Rarely do you see advertisements in newspapers.In most cases the technical interview decides the candidates fate.HR does not scrutiny much if technical interview is through(Unless there is something terribly wrong).It is quite natural for ABB to expect good English speaking candidates being a MNC having operations in more than 140 countries.

Interview Question – They could ask you to rate your interest towards the position applied on a scale of 1-10.
If you end up saying 10,you could be asked an other question like would you be willing to come at a lesser CTC than your current CTC as it interests you so much.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – this is the only time when you can ask for the salary you expect and get it too,if you can justify.