ABB Group

42 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Domain Engineer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ABB Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was held in person.

Interview Question – What is the reason for change?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Cairo (Egypt)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ABB Group in February 2009.

Interview Details – A typical hr interview. Questions ranging from personal information to ambitions and goals. Key strengths and weakness points. Lasted for a hour.

Interview Question – What would be the best working environment?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Turgi (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ABB Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had applied for two openings. Recieved call and had telephonic interview. It was only a profile screening in the telephonic interview. After a week had an onsite interview. Onsite interview consisted of general HR questions, Complete screening of my profile again and a company tour. In the onsite interview I was explained about the job profile. Which was no where matching to my skills.I was sure my profile would not be considered further and the same happened.

Interview Question – Apart from software development are u also more into the mechanical stuff like opening the circuits,the electronic box?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ABB Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – 5 stage round. Technical written test, GD, Case Study Presentation, Technical interview, HR interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Ours was a standard process

Other Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at ABB Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – Asked me to describe everything I've listed on my resume including projects and current job functions.

Interview Question – Describe what you do at your current job   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Västerås, Värmland (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ABB Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied this position on their website. About two weeks later the human resource contacted me by email to arrange a phone interview. The interviewer was a senior engineer who was very nice. It lasted about 30 minutes, and basically reviewed my resume. There was not too many technical questions. He asked mainly my education background and project experience over the last few years.

Research Engineer Interview

Västerås, Västmanland (Sweden)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ABB Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview took 6 hours continously and divided into 5 phases. 1. chatting with HR on general questions during which you may choose whatever topic if you can dominate the conversation. 2. Group leader will test your ability of practical work from discussion on your previous experience. 3. Presentation to the perspective colleagues on what you have done so far. Don't expect to finish all the slides because it turns into mutual discussion eventually. 4. Discussion with the Head of Division, some specific technical question will come at this point and try to make yourself clear. 5. Lunch with group leader and colleagues, mainly chatting on families, hobbies, football...6. Personality interview by HR in the Division, chatting as in coffee break.

Interview Question – How would you start working on a project if you are hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I feel no need to negotiate this time. It is my first real job and I am satisfied.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ABB Group in June 2008.

Interview Details – Found job at internal job postings, applied online, got contact over phone, interview, job offer, salary discussion, acceptance.

Interview Question – Detailed technical question of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary

Engineer Interview

Shanghainongchang (China)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABB Group in December 2009.

Interview Details – first, fill up personal details. second, HR staff do the first round of interview, mainly on history, salary, reason of leaving. Third by hiring manager. Ask about the previous job function, role and achievement

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – off too low

Research Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ABB Group in August 2009.

Interview Details – It took me 4 to 5 months to complete the procedure and all the interviews were in odd hours.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself ?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer by the time i finished the interview with this.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ABB Group