ABB Group Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Project Manager (3)
- Management Trainee (2)
- Applications Engineer (2)
- Sales Engineer (2)
- Engineer (2)
- Quality Manager (1)
- Research Engineer (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Service Engineer (1)
- Embedded Software Engineer (1)
- Project Engineer (1)
- IT Engineer (1)
- Intern Engineer (1)
- Trainee Engineer (1)
- Senior Project Manager (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Manager Technical (1)
- Supply Chain (1)
- Taxi Driver (1)
- Electronic Hardware Engineer (1)
- Legal Director (1)
- Senior Domain Engineer (1)
- Sales Manager for Power Generation (1)
- Manager Sales and Marketing (1)
- QCS Applications Engineer (1)
- Control Systems Engineer Traction Systems (1)
- Senior Software Engineer - Quality (1)
- Intern At the Baden CRC (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Research (1)
Project Manager Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ABB Group in July 2011.
Interview Details – I was invited to a single interview where I was interviewed by two project managers. Part of the interview was conducted in Czech whilst the other part in English. Topics were very general at first, then slightly technically oriented. Atmosphere was very relaxed and slightly informal, the interview happened in a friendly spirit in a conference room of the department and took about 30 minutes.
Interview Question – There was a technical question to define and describe a switchgear unit produced by the company, which I could not identify. More detailed study of the factories product prior to the interview would be helpful on this specific case. Answer Question
Project Manager Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I interviewed at ABB Group in September 2008.
Interview Details – the interview was good, interviewers are helpful,they would help you in getting the answers
. don't fool around as the interviewers are smart and experienced. if you don't know it, just say it.
Interview Question – why do you want to join this firm, we don't pay you handsomely and neither do we promote higher education, then ,why?? Answer Question
Project Manager Interview (Neutral Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ABB Group in October 2009.
Interview Details – I had a interview with a senior manager with a lot of questions on Project management aspect. The interview also went into the understanding of the Industrial Automation domain and technical portions for making sure that the person knows the thing he leads.
I am not sure if they follow the same process for all interviews but I got a call and was asked to be available next day and then I had a 45 minute interview. Nothing more. Haven't yet reached the next stage so can't say much
- What different kinds of analysis you do for Project closure? Answer Question
- What is risk and what is the difference between Mitigation and Contingency Plan?
How do you identify Risks? Answer Question
- What is critical path for the project? What action do you take if something in critical path is getting affected? Answer Question
- What are the goals of project Management? Which one of them is more important (Scope, cost, schedule - well after the first part was answered) Answer Question
- What is the best achievement of your career? What is the biggest conflict you have had in your organization and how did you resolve it? Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at ABB Group