ABB Group

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABB Group in November 2010.

There was a phone interview first. The face to face interviews were almost twelve hours. There were seven different people and two written tests.

Interview Questions
    • What would cause you to leave the company if you get this job?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was easy in that I had supporting reasons for my requests.

Electrical Engineer- Protection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ABB Group in August 2011.

It was a contract job and I was only interviewed through Phone.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB Group in August 2011.

Basic Questions of tell me about yourself, what do you know about the company, where do you see yourself in three years, what would your manager say about yourself, give me an example about troubleshooting, do you work good in a team or by yourself and what do you know about Subsystems? HR person was not very friendly and I thought it was the personally test to see how I would react. He did not seem to want to be there. They also don't call you or inform you if you did not get the job. It is like one of those dates of don't call me, I will call you. There is no follow up. I sent two emails and receive nothing. Then after calling, I was told it was filled. I thought their process was rude and unprofessional. Overall my other two interviewers were nice. I would give them 3.5 stars out of 5.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your troubleshooting process to a HR non technicial person.   View Answer

Substation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ABB Group in January 2009.

Mostly informal. The drawings I had to review were very basic and I was surprised that no one had any actual construction (real world ) experience. It is not difficult to have a favorable interview when your field knowledge trumps office knowledge. The people were very pleasant, but not very knowledgeable in design processes, project planning or execution. It was most surprising that no one had any field construction experience - nor are they interested in gaining this experience, even going so far to state it is not necessary. They are too comfortable with the office, climate controlled environment. For someone with both design and construction experience the interview process is going to be easy.

Interview Questions
    To a degree, at the time, I did not realize how low paid I was in my current position. That has since been corrected (based on a 40 hour week). Overall, I am still at a loss, since my last job we were paid by the hour (straight time). As far as salary and compensation - everything is negotiable. The goal is to get the company to want you, BEFORE any compensation is discussed.