ABB (India) Interview Questions & Reviews

36 interviews

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ABB (India) in March 2011.

Telephonic followed by a technical round .And then manager round and then HR round
    Offer letter given on the same day without keeping me waited for many days.
    Negotiation part was just ok. They gave me just less than what i asked

Interview Questions
    • Not many difficult questions
      I joined here when i was having 2 years exp. Many questions are related to what i have worked on
        Answer Question
    Join with good hike. Avg hike if u r performing well would be 10%

Domain Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

interviewed at ABB (India) in June 2011.

Very simple hiring process of a face to face interview through video conference
    As the team was a IT support team the level of knowledge required was very less
    The questions asked were for maximum 1 year experienced people and so was the job
    Post interview process was very slow and improper communication

Very difficult as HR are not at all flexible and make promises which do not feature in any document.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABB (India) in December 2010.

Most of the questions were on functional and non functional testing. Questions on different types of tests used. Some Domain knowledge on Industrial automation.

Interview Questions
    • To write a PS script to revert/restore a snapshot of VMware from a client and what are the pre-requisites?   Answer Question

Power Electronics R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ABB (India).

My project was based on Inverters. Therefore from basics till Detailed concepts like PWM, PWM with harmonic elimination. The interview was at IIt D. interview was for one hour. Communication skills does not matter. Question were also based on FACTS devices like STATCOM.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ABB (India) in January 2010.

Was contacted via Practical and Training Cell Campus selection process. There was a phone interview in which they talked about working on Scilab. The position was in Bangalore. It was unpaid, so I didn't go with it.

Management Trainee(Electrical Engineer) Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at ABB (India).

Company conducted a pool campus all over India.First there was an online technical test focussing on basics of respective core fields through which they shortlisted some candidates.Interviews were conducted at their office.Though i was not selected in the end ,a very unique and enjoyable experience nonetheless.

Interview Questions
    • very basic questions checking the core of knowledge and reasoning.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ABB (India) in October 2012.

The process consisted of a domain specific online technical test comprising 50 questions. One needs to prepare questions regarding the basic concepts of the subjects studied in lower semesters.
    After clearing the test there is a technical interview wherein they test knowledge in almost all the subjects. There were questions regarding projects. Question from Signals and systems, electrical machines, power system analysis, switchgear were asked. They test the approach as well as conceptual knowledge.
    After clearing the interview there is HR interview, case study(GD), business presentation all these rounds are cumulative.
    In HR interview they ask about failures, challenges faced, major decisions taken, achievements etc.
     Case study was about global warming and we had to come with three best suggestions to the government.
    In business presentation a chart paper was provided along with color markers and we were asked to make presentations to get a contract for manufacturing auto parts for a global auto parts retailers and we were asked to address few issues through the presentation

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of questions from signals and systems and DSP, about filters. Also they were questions pertaining to symmetrical components and induction motors   Answer Question
    The pay is fixed hence no negotiation.

Finance Controller Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ABB (India).

Two HR round and one technical round!!!

Interview Questions
    • The question was pretty much in line with the resume!!   Answer Question
    A day

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ABB (India) in September 2010.

I got hired to ABB directly from my college through Management trainee program. The initial phase of hiring into the company had a total of 5 rounds consisting of a Technical Online test, Technical interview, a case study presentation, a HR interview and a Group Discussion. After getting through all those rigorous selection process and getting selected as Management trainee, I had to take another interview to get my preferred location and field of work.
    After working for an year as management trainee, I had to change my field of work inside the business unit for which I had to take another two rounds of interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Business case presentation about an automobile company trying to introduce innovative products into the market before summer. Presentation to be prepared within 30 minutes , using only charts and color pencils.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, as I was directly selected from campus

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vadodara (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ABB (India).

Detailed screening with written and verbal examination. I was a direct applicant but I believe their campus interviews are also pretty strenuous

Worked for ABB (India)? Contribute to the Community!