ABB Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ABB (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I had to pass trough 3 different interviews. The first one was a group interview, with other 9 people I had to solve case studies. The second one was with my soon to be boss and the last one with the product management responsible

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

I was invited to an on campus interview. The Interviewer was very nice and easy going. Most of the interview he just told me about the company (which I had already researched beforehand) and talked about his career at ABB. He asked me a few questions about my resume--nothing to serious--and I left thinking it had gone really well. About a week later they told me they were going a different direction. I never really understand what they were looking for, because they contacted me about applying like they were interested in me, but then it never went anywhere. I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about xyz on your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

Called for direct interview on site Asked questions on schematics, what are CT specification, what is use of open delta VT? what is distance relay? Was one round of telephonic then one round on site and then HR round for negotiations

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on schematics, what are CT specification, what is use of open delta VT? what is distance relay? They ask about ABB relays like REF 615, 630 relays What you know about medium voltage switchgear? What are faults ? 3 phase faults etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR is hard negotiator here

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

I joined ABB as a Management Trainee. We were selected based on our undergraduate GPA, and the requirement was a minimum of 70% (in the Indian system of calculation - in percentages). First of, there was a comprehensive assessment in Math, English and concepts of engineering. Then, a final one-on-one interview at the headquarters, conducted by the HR and one Vice President.

Interview Questions

• What is so different about ABB and why do you want to join us ?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Got though campus recruitment. Interview mostly focused on resume and projects about electrical engineering. asked if i was available on-call on weekends as it was a manufacturing company. interview was fairly easy, nothing difficult

Interview Questions

• asked if i was available on-call on weekends   1 Answer

Negotiation

as a student hire, negotiation didn't help much. accepted the offer i received

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB (Bartlesville, OK).

Interview

Telephonic Conversation abt prev projects and technical. Challenging project in the past. Technical questions on technology. Willingness to join. diff between HLD and LLD. Limitations of embedded world. Most interesting project of the past.

Power and Automation Leaders PAL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with PAL program leader. The night before the final interview all the candidates were taken to a restaurant and were allowed to meet with people currently in the program. This would have been great if it was the amount of time for a normal dinner. It ended up being around 3.5-4 hours. Weirdly the company representatives were drinking alcohol during this entire dinner which was awkward for those of us trying to be professional. I felt this entire dinner reflected poorly on the company. The next day we went to an ABB facility where we started with a company overview. Then there was 4 one on one interviews with people of various roles in the company. The interview difficulty varied greatly between interviews. We ended with a facility tour.

Interview Questions

• What other companies you are looking at?   1 Answer
    • They were very curious if I had a lot of passion for the work I did during my co-op   Answer Question

Bus Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

Short and sweet. Panel type process with manager, vp operations and hr. Over in <2hours. It helped that I had insiders that helped to recruit me so I am sure they were briefed on my background.

Interview Questions

• describe the technology of what I would be selling thought I had not been pre briefed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

one sided

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ABB (Coral Springs, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a bit intense. It lasted over 5 hours, starting at 8 am until 1 p.m. I met with at least 5 current employees. meeting with each employee for about 1 hour. They provide lunch for the applicant and they interviewers were very professional. Before the interview date, the HR department conducted a phone screening.

Interview Questions

• Give me two reasons why shouldn't hire you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

It was really short interview, which lasted 20 minutes. They needed people at that time and it's easy task. I was referred by a professor and only gone through one interview in total.