ABB Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

Power and Automation Leaders Rotational Program (Engineering) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

I was invited to an on campus interview. The Interviewer was very nice and easy going. Most of the interview he just told me about the company (which I had already researched beforehand) and talked about his career at ABB. He asked me a few questions about my resume--nothing to serious--and I left thinking it had gone really well. About a week later they told me they were going a different direction. I never really understand what they were looking for, because they contacted me about applying like they were interested in me, but then it never went anywhere. I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about xyz on your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

Called for direct interview on site Asked questions on schematics, what are CT specification, what is use of open delta VT? what is distance relay?
    Was one round of telephonic then one round on site and then HR round for negotiations

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on schematics, what are CT specification, what is use of open delta VT? what is distance relay?
      They ask about ABB relays like REF 615, 630 relays
      What you know about medium voltage switchgear?
      What are faults ? 3 phase faults etc

Answer Question

Negotiation

HR is hard negotiator here

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

I joined ABB as a Management Trainee. We were selected based on our undergraduate GPA, and the requirement was a minimum of 70% (in the Indian system of calculation - in percentages). First of, there was a comprehensive assessment in Math, English and concepts of engineering. Then, a final one-on-one interview at the headquarters, conducted by the HR and one Vice President.

Interview Questions

• What is so different about ABB and why do you want to join us ?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Got though campus recruitment. Interview mostly focused on resume and projects about electrical engineering. asked if i was available on-call on weekends as it was a manufacturing company. interview was fairly easy, nothing difficult

Interview Questions

• asked if i was available on-call on weekends   1 Answer

Negotiation

as a student hire, negotiation didn't help much. accepted the offer i received

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB (Bartlesville, OK).

Interview

Telephonic Conversation abt prev projects and technical. Challenging project in the past.
    Technical questions on technology. Willingness to join. diff between HLD and LLD. Limitations of embedded world. Most interesting project of the past.

Bus Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

Short and sweet. Panel type process with manager, vp operations and hr. Over in <2hours. It helped that I had insiders that helped to recruit me so I am sure they were briefed on my background.

Interview Questions

• describe the technology of what I would be selling thought I had not been pre briefed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

one sided

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB (Coral Springs, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a bit intense. It lasted over 5 hours, starting at 8 am until 1 p.m. I met with at least 5 current employees. meeting with each employee for about 1 hour. They provide lunch for the applicant and they interviewers were very professional. Before the interview date, the HR department conducted a phone screening.

Interview Questions

• Give me two reasons why shouldn't hire you?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Interview process was positive, there were some signs I may have miss read. As for the hiring process, mine and others have been riddled with slow(1-2 month) processing of starting you as a new employee. Meaning basic things you need to do your job won't be completed so you'll be walking on egg shells for a while. Then there's the matter of reimbursement. It is possible you may have a good experience with ABB however, I had a horror story and others have too. Things not being moved, things damaged, not being reimbursed, several month wait for payback, high expenses un accounted for.

Negotiation

I negotiated, they accepted, then they never followed through and reverted back to the original offer.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

Four person interview. Talked about my resume and my job plans. Answered questions about the job. They only asked one standard interview question which wasn't what I prepared for but the rest of the interview was more about discussing my resume, skills and the job requirement and if I meet those. The group was nice and friendly but I couldn't help feel really intimidated. After a few minutes I got over it.

Interview Questions

• For me it was what my dream position was. I really hadn't thought about it.   1 Answer

Interview

Less organization within this organization. The person that scheduled the interview messed up the time and then tried push the blame on me. Not a good way to sell the company. Interview started late.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate till you get what you want