ABB Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

Marketing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ABB (Lake Mary, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

My resume was passed along to the hiring manager. First there was a phone interview to talk about the job and for the hiring manager to get to know me. Then there was an in face interview with the manager of marketing, product management, sr. marketing engineer and HR. I was called the next day and was told I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What demotivates you to do a task?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, but I do know that I was given the highest salary possible given my experience and job title.

Interview

phone call ask general questions

Senior Marketing Communications Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

Apply, Interview three or four times, hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Associate Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABB (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

It was an internet posting response. The first interview was by phone by a screener from the HR department. Those who passed the screening was forwarded to the hiring manager for review.

Interview Questions

• Questions were expected, but it did not seem like the screener knew much details about the project this position would be hired for.   Answer Question

Quality Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB in January 2013.

Interview

Email request for salary details. Followed by phone interview. Followed by face to face interview for several hours meeting 4 people. Walking tour of the facility with a look into the manufacturing methods used and industries that used their products.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a problem involving bad manufactured product?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB (Wickliffe, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

business casual dress. It was laid back. He showed me around. Asked me about my work experience. Said he liked my resume, and said that it seemed like I would be a good fit.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ABB (Lake Mary, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by the former PM manager and his boss the Marketing Director.
    PM was there just of the ride and all questions were handled by the Marketing Director. He was very knowledgeable about ABB products, contract terms, and procedures but had very little knowledge of project management. He was very hostile in his interview approach came across as challenging my credentials and experience even though they had been already verified. All his questions were more in the subject of contract negotiation, and actual systems design than in Project management skills.

Interview Questions

• When he asked me to define for him liquidated damages, back charges, and several other contract terms.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase since this was a contract position for six months which was extended another two.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online through campus job website. I scheduled an interview with them within a week. Went into the interview knowing very little about the company. The interviewer was a very friendly HR woman. It was a very relaxed interview process. She described the company and the rotational program before we began. That gave me a better insight of the company which was good. She started off by saying "tell me about yourself". Afterwards, she reviewed my resume and asked me to tell her about some of the experience that I had. Overall it was a pleasant interview experience, and I am waiting to hear back from them. They required a second interview on site if I got selected.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ABB (Mount Pleasant, PA).

Interview

Interview was standard, all the questions were the usual kind and nothing off the wall or out of the ordinary. But, after my in-person interview, which took a full afternoon, travel time, all the usual preparation, etc. I was informed a few weeks later that they promoted an internal candidate. So it turned out to be a complete waste of my time. I didn't even have experience in ABB's industry, and I'm sure I was no match for the internal employee. So I think it is irresponsible of ABB to knowingly waste my day. If anybody from HR is reading this, I hope they resolve to stop wasting candidates' time when they know full well that they'll promote an internal employee.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you worked on a team that included members from several departments, and you actively resolved a dispute or negotiation." That isn't word for word, but the question followed those lines.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB (New Orleans, LA) in August 2012.

Interview

Just few questions regarding my CV, previous projects etc.Then a description of the position followed and some hR questions in the end.