Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at ABB
- Management Trainee (11)
- Software Engineer (10)
- Engineer (8)
- Project Manager (7)
- Intern (6)
- Design Engineer (6)
- Applications Engineer (5)
- Sales Engineer (5)
- Test Engineer (4)
- Senior Software Engineer (4)
- Project Engineer (4)
- Human Resources (3)
- Electrical Engineer (3)
- Field Service Engineer (3)
- Marketing Engineer (2)
- Service Engineer (2)
- Senior Project Manager (2)
- Supply Chain (2)
- Internship (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Marketing Professional (2)
- Business Development Manager (2)
- Quality Engineer (2)
- Process Engineer (2)
- Product Manager (2)
- Bid Manager (1)
- Procurement Officer (1)
- Manufacturing Technician (1)
- Marketing Communications (1)
- Principal Consulting Applications Engineer (1)
Project Manager Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ABB.
Straight forward, questions about PMBOK and ABB PM Framework. 1) What is the framework? 2) what is the most important in a project? 3) How would you, solve this.. that... 4) How you handle this and that in the past? 5) Quetions, questions, questions... to survey your knowledge.
- What are the most important aspects of a project, only PMBOK is not enough, we need to think about SAFETY which is very, very important to ABB. Answer Question
If was quick, 1 month.
Other Interview Reviews for ABB
Project Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ABB in August 2013.
Changed position inside company, not new employee. Easy and superficial HR interview. Totally inflexible manager during the interview (no additional bonuses, everybody gets the same slice, no individual rewards for oustanding performance). Quick transition.
Me: OK this is the industry standard for the salaries... Company: yes, but this is for the big cities; here we can offer only... 60-max 70% of that. And that because you have experience... Me: OK, I hear you. How about other things? Company car, extra-holiday, performance-based bonuses, free tickets to the candy shop, daily lollipop on my desk on behalf of the company, anything at all...? Company: uhm... well, if you put it like that... no. Sorry, there is nothing we can offer you.
Project Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB.
first a telephone interview is being done, then a face to face HR interview lastly ans interview with the relevant manager. Then an offer i being done. After agreement some language exams and personnal assessments are being carried out.
Project Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Brno (Czech Republic)) in July 2011.
I was invited to a single interview where I was interviewed by two project managers. Part of the interview was conducted in Czech whilst the other part in English. Topics were very general at first, then slightly technically oriented. Atmosphere was very relaxed and slightly informal, the interview happened in a friendly spirit in a conference room of the department and took about 30 minutes.
- There was a technical question to define and describe a switchgear unit produced by the company, which I could not identify. More detailed study of the factories product prior to the interview would be helpful on this specific case. Answer Question
Project Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Bangalore (India)) in October 2009.
I had a interview with a senior manager with a lot of questions on Project management aspect. The interview also went into the understanding of the Industrial Automation domain and technical portions for making sure that the person knows the thing he leads. I am not sure if they follow the same process for all interviews but I got a call and was asked to be available next day and then I had a 45 minute interview. Nothing more. Haven't yet reached the next stage so can't say much
- What different kinds of analysis you do for Project closure? Answer Question
- What is risk and what is the difference between Mitigation and Contingency Plan? How do you identify Risks? Answer Question
- What is critical path for the project? What action do you take if something in critical path is getting affected? Answer Question
- What are the goals of project Management? Which one of them is more important (Scope, cost, schedule - well after the first part was answered) Answer Question
- What is the best achievement of your career? What is the biggest conflict you have had in your organization and how did you resolve it? Answer Question
Project Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I interviewed at ABB (Bangalore (India)) in September 2008.
the interview was good, interviewers are helpful,they would help you in getting the answers . don't fool around as the interviewers are smart and experienced. if you don't know it, just say it.
- why do you want to join this firm, we don't pay you handsomely and neither do we promote higher education, then ,why?? Answer Question
Project Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABB (Vadodara (India)) in August 2008.
got a call from the interviewer , given the interview in an hotel . got selected after the initial phase got a call from the main parent company . was a good experience
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review