ABB Interview Questions in Raleigh, NC

Updated Jul 3, 2015

Power and Automation Leaders PAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with PAL program leader. The night before the final interview all the candidates were taken to a restaurant and were allowed to meet with people currently in the program. This would have been great if it was the amount of time for a normal dinner. It ended up being around 3.5-4 hours. Weirdly the company representatives were drinking alcohol during this entire dinner which was awkward for those of us trying to be professional. I felt this entire dinner reflected poorly on the company. The next day we went to an ABB facility where we started with a company overview. Then there was 4 one on one interviews with people of various roles in the company. The interview difficulty varied greatly between interviews. We ended with a facility tour.

Interview Questions

• What other companies you are looking at?   1 Answer
    • They were very curious if I had a lot of passion for the work I did during my co-op   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABB (Raleigh, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

Basic Questions of tell me about yourself, what do you know about the company, where do you see yourself in three years, what would your manager say about yourself, give me an example about troubleshooting, do you work good in a team or by yourself and what do you know about Subsystems? HR person was not very friendly and I thought it was the personally test to see how I would react. He did not seem to want to be there. They also don't call you or inform you if you did not get the job. It is like one of those dates of don't call me, I will call you. There is no follow up. I sent two emails and receive nothing. Then after calling, I was told it was filled. I thought their process was rude and unprofessional. Overall my other two interviewers were nice. I would give them 3.5 stars out of 5.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your troubleshooting process to a HR non technicial person.   1 Answer