ABB (United States) Interview Questions in Raleigh, NC

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABB (United States) in November 2010.

There was a phone interview first. The face to face interviews were almost twelve hours. There were seven different people and two written tests.

Interview Questions
    • What would cause you to leave the company if you get this job?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was easy in that I had supporting reasons for my requests.

Electrical Engineer- Protection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ABB (United States) in August 2011.

It was a contract job and I was only interviewed through Phone.

Substation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at ABB (United States) in January 2009.

Mostly informal. The drawings I had to review were very basic and I was surprised that no one had any actual construction (real world ) experience. It is not difficult to have a favorable interview when your field knowledge trumps office knowledge. The people were very pleasant, but not very knowledgeable in design processes, project planning or execution. It was most surprising that no one had any field construction experience - nor are they interested in gaining this experience, even going so far to state it is not necessary. They are too comfortable with the office, climate controlled environment. For someone with both design and construction experience the interview process is going to be easy.

Interview Questions
    To a degree, at the time, I did not realize how low paid I was in my current position. That has since been corrected (based on a 40 hour week). Overall, I am still at a loss, since my last job we were paid by the hour (straight time). As far as salary and compensation - everything is negotiable. The goal is to get the company to want you, BEFORE any compensation is discussed.

Worked for ABB (United States)? Contribute to the Community!