ABB (United States)

Very Easy Interview

Substation Engineer Interview

Substation Engineer
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at ABB (United States) in January 2009.

Interview Details – Mostly informal. The drawings I had to review were very basic and I was surprised that no one had any actual construction (real world ) experience. It is not difficult to have a favorable interview when your field knowledge trumps office knowledge. The people were very pleasant, but not very knowledgeable in design processes, project planning or execution. It was most surprising that no one had any field construction experience - nor are they interested in gaining this experience, even going so far to state it is not necessary. They are too comfortable with the office, climate controlled environment. For someone with both design and construction experience the interview process is going to be easy.

Interview Question – What is wrong with this drawing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – To a degree, at the time, I did not realize how low paid I was in my current position. That has since been corrected (based on a 40 hour week). Overall, I am still at a loss, since my last job we were paid by the hour (straight time). As far as salary and compensation - everything is negotiable. The goal is to get the company to want you, BEFORE any compensation is discussed.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ABB (United States)

Worked for ABB (United States)? Contribute to the Community!