ABC Imaging

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graphics Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ABC Imaging.

Interview Details – the hiring process takes a long time. You have to be ontop of it until the day you receive your employee number.

Interview Question – Interview is lax as long as your are knowlegeable in the department youre working in.   Answer Question

On Site Manager Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ABC Imaging in December 2013.

Interview Details – It was a panel interview and had all of the usual questions

Interview Question – Nothing surprising other than if you were told you always had to do something as certain way would you always do it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was not good at all and the benefits are meager with no matching funds for a 401 K plan

Area Sales Manager Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ABC Imaging in February 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was more of a cookie cutter approach with pre-defined set of questions that was probably created few years ago

Interview Question – How can you improve the sales of a toner cartridge by x% in 4 months?   Answer Question

Facility Management Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at ABC Imaging.

Interview Details – It's a very ridiculous interview. They post the same job description for the position no matter which city they are located. Of course different locations have different printing capabilities. After I sent my resume, a local facility manager called me and asked me to go onsite for a job interview. WHILE, they did not inform me they are actually looking for a guy who does not need to be academic educated about printing, in other words, they are looking for a nice guy who are a good ass-kisser therefore his major responsibilities are making customer happy instead of making satisfying quality of print products.

So I am very confused that WHY the MANAGER didn't tell me the truth about this job during the phone call before my visit?

Ridiculous company and ridiculous people!

FM Manager Interview

FM Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABC Imaging.

Interview Details – I responded to a job posting on Craigslist, and got a reply almost immediately. The Regional Manager was impressed with my resume as I had more than 15 years in the industry at that point. He wanted to schedule an interview and we set a date. However he had canceled that interview due to a scheduling conflict. After several attempts (I was always available) we finaly met for an interview which went well. He submitted my information to HR. It took a few weeks and numerous phone calls by me to get an answer. After more than a month, I finaly received an offer, but I felt like no one really cared about me. It felt like they decided they needed a body to fill a spot and I was the one pushing the hardest so they gave in.

Interview Question – There were none. The interview was more casual and almost not realy business related. A little about my background, and that was it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. There was an offer, and I accepted it. There was mention of future salary increases with performance reviews, but getting a raise was difficult to say the least, and what little increase I saw was taken back with the cry of a poor economy.

.NET Developer Interview

.NET Developer
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ABC Imaging in April 2012.

Interview Details – I passed technical interview. It was very friendly and interesting. Questions about my experience and some technical tasks.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Senior Network Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ABC Imaging.

Interview Details – Generally you will have a phone interview with HR and a followup technical interview with current employees doing the job an a manager or A VP. If they want to consider you the final hiring decision is generally made by the owner.

Interview Question – They will ask a lot of print server related questions. They generally deploy print servers in architectural and engineering firms where they also put in a cost recovery system. So you will need some basic network troubleshooting skills and some knowledge of print servers and some basic SQL knowledge. You may be asked to write a select statement that merges data from two fields in a sql table   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got promoted from within

Printing Related Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ABC Imaging in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was clear they planned on hiring me based on my resume. (See negotiation below.) Besides some particular skills that a lot of people have (printing related) they were mostly interested in how desperate I was. They actively look to hire unemployed and desperate people who will accept low-ball offers. Once they think you'll work cheap, they'll tell you any lie necessary in the interview to get you interested. This place and my job ended up being nothing like what they told me in the interview.

Interview Question – Are you currently working?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In choosing to hire me, they were mostly interested in how desperate I was. They actively look to hire unemployed and desperate people who will accept low-ball offers. I accepted a low-ball offer under the pretense that I would get a big raise after I “proved myself”. I was later told by laughing employees that this was a lie - that they use this trick on everyone. Oh, and be careful of that non-compete agreement. It says you can’t work for any company that offers graphic or reprographic services anywhere within fifty miles of any ABC Imaging location for a year and a half - in a clear tactic to keep you from being able to seek better treatment elsewhere.

General Occupation Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ABC Imaging in May 2010.

Interview Details – general occupation
general occupation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ABC Imaging in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by several people in the company. First the HR Manager, then the department manager, then the division manager and finally one of the VP's.They showed be around the building and gave me an ambiguous description of my position. After telling me how much they needed me and how great of a fit I would be with the company, they took me into a small room 1 on 1 with the HR manager to discuss compensation.

Negotiation Details – They gave me a VERY low-ball number that they eventually worked its way up about a dollar/hour.
Ended up getting $14.50/hour and was unfortunately in no position to turn down the low offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ABC Imaging? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ABC Imaging interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by ABC Imaging employees and interview candidates.