ABC Imaging

Relevance Date Difficulty

On Site Manager Interview

On Site Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ABC Imaging in December 2013.

Interview Details – It was a panel interview and had all of the usual questions

Interview Question – Nothing surprising other than if you were told you always had to do something as certain way would you always do it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was not good at all and the benefits are meager with no matching funds for a 401 K plan

.NET Developer Interview

.NET Developer
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ABC Imaging in April 2012.

Interview Details – I passed technical interview. It was very friendly and interesting. Questions about my experience and some technical tasks.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Senior Network Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ABC Imaging.

Interview Details – Generally you will have a phone interview with HR and a followup technical interview with current employees doing the job an a manager or A VP. If they want to consider you the final hiring decision is generally made by the owner.

Interview Question – They will ask a lot of print server related questions. They generally deploy print servers in architectural and engineering firms where they also put in a cost recovery system. So you will need some basic network troubleshooting skills and some knowledge of print servers and some basic SQL knowledge. You may be asked to write a select statement that merges data from two fields in a sql table   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got promoted from within

Very Easy Interview

Printing Related Interview

Printing Related
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ABC Imaging in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was clear they planned on hiring me based on my resume. (See negotiation below.) Besides some particular skills that a lot of people have (printing related) they were mostly interested in how desperate I was. They actively look to hire unemployed and desperate people who will accept low-ball offers. Once they think you'll work cheap, they'll tell you any lie necessary in the interview to get you interested. This place and my job ended up being nothing like what they told me in the interview.

Interview Question – Are you currently working?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In choosing to hire me, they were mostly interested in how desperate I was. They actively look to hire unemployed and desperate people who will accept low-ball offers. I accepted a low-ball offer under the pretense that I would get a big raise after I “proved myself”. I was later told by laughing employees that this was a lie - that they use this trick on everyone. Oh, and be careful of that non-compete agreement. It says you can’t work for any company that offers graphic or reprographic services anywhere within fifty miles of any ABC Imaging location for a year and a half - in a clear tactic to keep you from being able to seek better treatment elsewhere.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ABC Imaging in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by several people in the company. First the HR Manager, then the department manager, then the division manager and finally one of the VP's.They showed be around the building and gave me an ambiguous description of my position. After telling me how much they needed me and how great of a fit I would be with the company, they took me into a small room 1 on 1 with the HR manager to discuss compensation.

Negotiation Details – They gave me a VERY low-ball number that they eventually worked its way up about a dollar/hour.
Ended up getting $14.50/hour and was unfortunately in no position to turn down the low offer.

Worked for ABC Imaging? Contribute to the Community!