ABC News Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.1

Associate Producer, Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

They did not provide travel/accomodations for the interview. The skills test took about 1.5 hours and actual one-on-one interview about 30 minutes. The recruiter was friendly, but the person I interviewed with was less approachable. Basically, they did not seem friendly and I did not have a good vibe from the place.

Interview Questions

• Read through the news clippings, then summarize and provide a heading for as many as you can in the time given.   Answer Question

Senior Manager of Editing Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

Contacted by an HR recruiter and qualified to meet a hiring manager after a phone interview. Was e-mailed a lot of paperwork to fill out including an authorization to order a "Consumer report and/or an investigative consumer report." I was Interviewed by three different people on a 1:1 basis. First the hiring manager, then his boss and then his boss' boss. A lot of repetitive questions. For a television environment, it had a very corporate feel. All the men were in suits and ties which I have not found to be the norm in this industry.

Interview Questions

• It seems like you've had a lot of freedom to make decisions on your own that you might not have in this position. How will you deal with this?   Answer Question

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I served an internship and was referred to the recruitment manager by producers with whom I worked. The recruiter met with me one on one while I was in undergrad (did not pay for travel), then said to keep in touch. 9 months later I finally got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

DA is a union position. No negotiation possible.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ABC News (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Interviewed by show's Director for a special. Had been recommended by one of the producers. Since I was already working for the company there was no real hiring process. It was really more a matter of whether or not he was interested in working with me.

Interview Questions

• So, I hear your real tough?   1 Answer

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Al Ḩajarayn (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABC News (Al Ḩajarayn (United Arab Emirates)) in January 2013.

Interview

It is in process for finalisation

Interview Questions

Interview

Cleared the Online assessment tests followed by phone interview with Sr Manager (Indian guy..who doesn't even know how to talk fluently & respect others ..He thinks that Capital ONE is his own company :) ) ..
    If I am interviewing a cook will not ask questions related to auto mechanic..

Interview Questions

• google jvm, stack, heap, pointers, system memory etc.,

because this manager will google and ask questions as you proceed with answers ...LOL

Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ABC News (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Very general, asked basic competency questions and did not probe deeper on any account.

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ABC News (Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki (Poland)) in February 2012.

Interview

short and sweet

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABC News (Bangalore (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

cool,1. General round by Director which includes current work and scope
    2. Face to Face interview
    : Technical round with senior member
    : Technical round with Manager
    : Technical round with Director
    : HR round to end
    3. Got the offer in 25-30Days
    4. HR call to confirm if its a satisfactory offer.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABC News (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2011.

Interview

no enough time to prepare a presentation