ABC News

Relevance Date Difficulty

Desk Assistant Interview

Desk Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ABC News in August 2009.

Interview Details – I served an internship and was referred to the recruitment manager by producers with whom I worked. The recruiter met with me one on one while I was in undergrad (did not pay for travel), then said to keep in touch. 9 months later I finally got the job.

Interview Question – What newspapers do you read?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – DA is a union position. No negotiation possible.

Associate Producer, Researcher Interview

Associate Producer, Researcher
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ABC News in July 2010.

Interview Details – They did not provide travel/accomodations for the interview. The skills test took about 1.5 hours and actual one-on-one interview about 30 minutes. The recruiter was friendly, but the person I interviewed with was less approachable. Basically, they did not seem friendly and I did not have a good vibe from the place.

Interview Question – Read through the news clippings, then summarize and provide a heading for as many as you can in the time given.   Answer Question

Senior Manager of Editing Operations Interview

Senior Manager of Editing Operations
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ABC News in August 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by an HR recruiter and qualified to meet a hiring manager after a phone interview. Was e-mailed a lot of paperwork to fill out including an authorization to order a "Consumer report and/or an investigative consumer report." I was Interviewed by three different people on a 1:1 basis. First the hiring manager, then his boss and then his boss' boss. A lot of repetitive questions. For a television environment, it had a very corporate feel. All the men were in suits and ties which I have not found to be the norm in this industry.

Interview Question – It seems like you've had a lot of freedom to make decisions on your own that you might not have in this position. How will you deal with this?   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Risk Manager
Al Ḩajarayn (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABC News in January 2013.

Interview Details – It is in process for finalisation

Interview Question – Risk Management topics that were cover   Answer Question

QA Lead Interview

QA Lead
Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ABC News in February 2012.

Interview Details – short and sweet

Interview Question – what is your most outstanding achievement   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Java Consultant Interview

Senior Java Consultant

Interviewed at ABC News

Interview Details – Cleared the Online assessment tests followed by phone interview with Sr Manager (Indian guy..who doesn't even know how to talk fluently & respect others ..He thinks that Capital ONE is his own company :) ) ..
If I am interviewing a cook will not ask questions related to auto mechanic..

Interview Question – google jvm, stack, heap, pointers, system memory etc.,

because this manager will google and ask questions as you proceed with answers ...LOL
  Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ABC News in January 2011.

Interview Details – no enough time to prepare a presentation

Interview Question – how will you re-join your previous company   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABC News in April 2008.

Interview Details – This was really great. The interview lasted 30 days which was really long especially for a phone interview. But it was very detailed, and I liked it very much. I can't believe they put me on hold so much though. That was a bummer. I wish I liked working for htem as much as I did the interveiw.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ABC News in October 2011.

Interview Details – cool,1. General round by Director which includes current work and scope
2. Face to Face interview
: Technical round with senior member
: Technical round with Manager
: Technical round with Director
: HR round to end
3. Got the offer in 25-30Days
4. HR call to confirm if its a satisfactory offer.

Interview Question – name   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
London, England (UK)

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ABC News in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very general, asked basic competency questions and did not probe deeper on any account.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you worked with great accuracy   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ABC News