ABC News

Relevance Date Difficulty

News Writer Interview

News Writer
Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ABC News in April 2013.

Interview Details – The company contacted me through OCR and I went to interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself/   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Moved to a different country

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ABC News in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was very short.

Interview Question – Are you ready to start tomorrow?   Answer Question

SEO Internship Interview

SEO Internship
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ABC News.

Interview Details – Nice newsroom. It's big and there's plenty of space. Interview happened in a conference room. Was asked about my SEO and search experience. Was asked what adjustments I would make to improve search and SEO for specific types of articles, especially entertainment. Initial phone interview about passion for news, what news websites I read. No real behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is EdgeRank?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at ABC News

Interview Details – Was asked details about the show e.g. Who are the anchors? Then asked general questions about my fit for the position. And what have you viewed as your biggest failure so far?

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected - questions were fairly standard.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ABC News in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed by show's Director for a special. Had been recommended by one of the producers. Since I was already working for the company there was no real hiring process. It was really more a matter of whether or not he was interested in working with me.

Interview Question – So, I hear your real tough?   View Answer

Desk Assistant Interview

Desk Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ABC News in August 2009.

Interview Details – I served an internship and was referred to the recruitment manager by producers with whom I worked. The recruiter met with me one on one while I was in undergrad (did not pay for travel), then said to keep in touch. 9 months later I finally got the job.

Interview Question – What newspapers do you read?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – DA is a union position. No negotiation possible.

Associate Producer, Researcher Interview

Associate Producer, Researcher
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ABC News in July 2010.

Interview Details – They did not provide travel/accomodations for the interview. The skills test took about 1.5 hours and actual one-on-one interview about 30 minutes. The recruiter was friendly, but the person I interviewed with was less approachable. Basically, they did not seem friendly and I did not have a good vibe from the place.

Interview Question – Read through the news clippings, then summarize and provide a heading for as many as you can in the time given.   Answer Question

Senior Manager of Editing Operations Interview

Senior Manager of Editing Operations
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ABC News in August 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by an HR recruiter and qualified to meet a hiring manager after a phone interview. Was e-mailed a lot of paperwork to fill out including an authorization to order a "Consumer report and/or an investigative consumer report." I was Interviewed by three different people on a 1:1 basis. First the hiring manager, then his boss and then his boss' boss. A lot of repetitive questions. For a television environment, it had a very corporate feel. All the men were in suits and ties which I have not found to be the norm in this industry.

Interview Question – It seems like you've had a lot of freedom to make decisions on your own that you might not have in this position. How will you deal with this?   Answer Question

Worked for ABC News? Contribute to the Community!