ABC News

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

News Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ABC News in April 2013.

The company contacted me through OCR and I went to interview.

Interview Questions

Moved to a different country

SEO Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ABC News.

Nice newsroom. It's big and there's plenty of space. Interview happened in a conference room. Was asked about my SEO and search experience. Was asked what adjustments I would make to improve search and SEO for specific types of articles, especially entertainment. Initial phone interview about passion for news, what news websites I read. No real behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Was asked details about the show e.g. Who are the anchors? Then asked general questions about my fit for the position. And what have you viewed as your biggest failure so far?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected - questions were fairly standard.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ABC News in March 2012.

It was very short.

Associate Producer, Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABC News in July 2010.

They did not provide travel/accomodations for the interview. The skills test took about 1.5 hours and actual one-on-one interview about 30 minutes. The recruiter was friendly, but the person I interviewed with was less approachable. Basically, they did not seem friendly and I did not have a good vibe from the place.

Interview Questions
    • Read through the news clippings, then summarize and provide a heading for as many as you can in the time given.   Answer Question

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ABC News in August 2009.

I served an internship and was referred to the recruitment manager by producers with whom I worked. The recruiter met with me one on one while I was in undergrad (did not pay for travel), then said to keep in touch. 9 months later I finally got the job.

Interview Questions
    DA is a union position. No negotiation possible.

Senior Manager of Editing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ABC News in August 2009.

Contacted by an HR recruiter and qualified to meet a hiring manager after a phone interview. Was e-mailed a lot of paperwork to fill out including an authorization to order a "Consumer report and/or an investigative consumer report." I was Interviewed by three different people on a 1:1 basis. First the hiring manager, then his boss and then his boss' boss. A lot of repetitive questions. For a television environment, it had a very corporate feel. All the men were in suits and ties which I have not found to be the norm in this industry.

Interview Questions
    • It seems like you've had a lot of freedom to make decisions on your own that you might not have in this position. How will you deal with this?   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ABC News in September 2008.

Interviewed by show's Director for a special. Had been recommended by one of the producers. Since I was already working for the company there was no real hiring process. It was really more a matter of whether or not he was interested in working with me.