ABC Supply Co. Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2015

2.1

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

All out- of-state. All over the phone. Manager lied about the entire job description. One phone call interview with the job offer included. One call from me to accept. Managet should be more honest during this process.

Interview Questions

• Only cared about my mvr report.   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Omaha, NE) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a great interview with the branch manager. Was called back for a second interview as well. Seems like a pretty good company to work for. National chain, which is awesome. Opportunity for advancement seems very promising.

Interview Questions

• What do I think it takes to be successful in this position.   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at ABC Supply Co..

Interview

I was approached by a manager as I am getting well known in the industry. Had a few face to face meetings. Didnt seem to go anywhere then Iwas approached by another branch. Questions were standard, but yet trying to get information on company and contractors that I'm with. What I found to be totally unethical is wanting my W2's. Really? If you see a value in something or someone, its not in your best intetest to demean...make an offer solely on what you believe they are worth. If you want to be viewed as a "class act company" You definitely were NOT this time.

Interview Questions

• Who are your contractors? What is your quota?   1 Answer

Offer was less than average. Why leave current position that pays more?

Inside/Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Stratford, CT).

Interview

hired from recommendation from branch manager and had worked for him for quite sometime.Did everything that was asked to do that was possible.Was the most polite and conscientious employee that you could ever ask for.Was as loyal and responsible person to this company;was not paid what I was told and agreed upon;and had no way of getting what was agreed too.They really do everything to make your job one of the most difficult ways of making a living.This company should be investigated.When the manager was caught for deception he was not fired.

Interview Questions

• if i had any medical issues   1 Answer

Negotiation

was told one salary but it was far lower than was told;also told that there was good commissions; no contract or employment or salary agreement. Tried to get something in writing ;but they lied and said that they didn't have a contract when they turned out to have one;a complete deception of employment.This was clearly against the law.

Customer Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ABC Supply Co..

Interview

Great Interview. Was called to set up an interview and went and met with the person hiring within a day or so. Was offered the job immediately after the interview the same day. This was 4 years ago and the interview process has changed dramatically since.

Interview Questions

• None too difficult, interviewer was easy to speak with and very friendly.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online by resume and was contacted maybe a week later for an interview. The interview was very professional and the interviewer was very down to earth, direct, and let me know exactly what he was looking for. After I left the interview which lasted over an hour, I was contacted later on the same day and asked to come in for a second interview and speak with the manager and warehouse manager. The second interview went well and before I left they walked me through the warehouse, then asked me to take a urine screen. A week later I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I went fairly well. Reasonable.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Beloit, WI) in March 2013.

Interview

The company has no set hiring process down. They have no consistency or etiquette to how they hire employees. Not only did I not hear back from the initial interview until 4 weeks later, they prolonged the interview process for over a year. After I went to the last interview, I had to reach out to the Director to receive a response. With saying that, I reached out to the director after seeing the job post again on 'job seeker' websites. The interview process was horrible and so was their customer service. Not only did I have a bad impression but I now have a skewed message about their core values and being a "flat" organization.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

I had three interviews. The first interview was with a woman from HR and was very easy going. We basically just talked and got to know eachother and she told me about the company and the position. My second interview was a group interview/information session followed by one on one interview with a district manager. This was a short interview with behavioral type questions. My third interview was with the Vice President of the N.E. region of ABC. This interview was about a half hour and many behavioral questions were asked. However, I was also asked about myself.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me I would be making $17 an hour, and said I would work atleast 50 hours a week amassing a minimum of $48000. I did not negotiate as I was pleased. I have rarely gotten more than 40 hours a week which amount to about $35000 a year.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Plain, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Maple Plain, MN) in April 2009.

Interview

They will have you fill out an application. Then you will have a phone call to come in. You may have to fill out yet another application then an interview.This is the critical time to ask for the amount you want to be paid because after this you may not receive a raise for quite awhile. And when you do its about .25 cents a year folks.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall any other than you must speak up about your starting pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was. The negotiation left me wondering if they were going to hire me. I got hired during a storm year so they really needed someone.