ABC Supply Co. Interview Questions

2.2

Inside/Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

I applied in-person – interviewed at ABC Supply Co..

hired from recommendation from branch manager and had worked for him for quite sometime.Did everything that was asked to do that was possible.Was the most polite and conscientious employee that you could ever ask for.Was as loyal and responsible person to this company;was not paid what I was told and agreed upon;and had no way of getting what was agreed too.They really do everything to make your job one of the most difficult ways of making a living.This company should be investigated.When the manager was caught for deception he was not fired.

Interview Questions
    was told one salary but it was far lower than was told;also told that there was good commissions; no contract or employment or salary agreement. Tried to get something in writing ;but they lied and said that they didn't have a contract when they turned out to have one;a complete deception of employment.This was clearly against the law.

Customer Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABC Supply Co..

Great Interview. Was called to set up an interview and went and met with the person hiring within a day or so. Was offered the job immediately after the interview the same day. This was 4 years ago and the interview process has changed dramatically since.

Interview Questions
    • None too difficult, interviewer was easy to speak with and very friendly.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beloit, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beloit, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at ABC Supply Co. in March 2013.

The company has no set hiring process down. They have no consistency or etiquette to how they hire employees. Not only did I not hear back from the initial interview until 4 weeks later, they prolonged the interview process for over a year. After I went to the last interview, I had to reach out to the Director to receive a response. With saying that, I reached out to the director after seeing the job post again on 'job seeker' websites. The interview process was horrible and so was their customer service. Not only did I have a bad impression but I now have a skewed message about their core values and being a "flat" organization.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABC Supply Co. in October 2011.

I had three interviews. The first interview was with a woman from HR and was very easy going. We basically just talked and got to know eachother and she told me about the company and the position. My second interview was a group interview/information session followed by one on one interview with a district manager. This was a short interview with behavioral type questions. My third interview was with the Vice President of the N.E. region of ABC. This interview was about a half hour and many behavioral questions were asked. However, I was also asked about myself.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond   View Answer
    They told me I would be making $17 an hour, and said I would work atleast 50 hours a week amassing a minimum of $48000. I did not negotiate as I was pleased. I have rarely gotten more than 40 hours a week which amount to about $35000 a year.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Plain, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Plain, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ABC Supply Co. in April 2009.

They will have you fill out an application. Then you will have a phone call to come in. You may have to fill out yet another application then an interview.This is the critical time to ask for the amount you want to be paid because after this you may not receive a raise for quite awhile. And when you do its about .25 cents a year folks.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot recall any other than you must speak up about your starting pay.   Answer Question
    Yes I was. The negotiation left me wondering if they were going to hire me. I got hired during a storm year so they really needed someone.