ABC Supply Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.7

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABC Supply (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

fill applicaiion,phone interview,inperson interview,background check,drug test,2nd rt interview,safety test ,road test ,very easy process ,8th grade education type interview,management main question when can you start,the process very simple,once hired thet give you a tree full of papers to fill out

Interview Questions

• some of our eqipment isnt up to dot inspection,can you drive it to our next delivery,we do have repairs scheduled   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Interview

I was hired after first interview. Great company to work for, very focused on employee engagement. Multiple winner of the Gallup Best workplace award. Very physical work but fun place to work, great co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Very typical questions that you get in most reviews " why should I hire you?"   Answer Question

Outside Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC Supply (Warren, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

sat down with two gentlemen. it was like good cop bad cop. one guy was fine, respectful, the other was a jerk. the guy wouldnt answer any questions related to the job. when asked what the job entails, his response was "you tell me". he wanted to know what i was going to do for him- fair question, however i was given no parameters, no general description. it was weird. i think i intimidated this guy from the start with my knowledge and experience in the industry. i was reserved at the start, and he just let loose. no wonder they have been advertising this job for a loooong time. glad it didnt work out for me.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ABC Supply in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interviews followed by 3 face to face interviews with various managers.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ABC Supply (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2011.

Interview

Are you breathing do you have a pulse are you alive they don't care cuz they're just going to run you into the ground they just need bodies to be slaves for him they don't care about safety personal family or anything they only care about their bottom line the management is horrible from branch managers all the way up the corporate the HR department is a joke

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me anything only if I had a CDL   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ABC Supply (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Great job for someone with experience with construction and strong people skills. Be yourself and put your best foot forward. Always be candid. You should review the company website before attending the interview. They will ask you a lot of questions about building material and the company.

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABC Supply (Kenosha, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied on-line to six locations with no reply. I began calling three locations once every two weeks over two months. I was able to obtain all three of the store manager's email addresses from my conversation with one of the managers. After about 8 weeks of phone calls and emails, I received an email asking if I was still interested in interviewing for the Outside Sales position. I said yes and went to the interview in Kenosha where it lasted 1 hour and 40 minutes. I was told that he would like me to come back and interview with his boss the next week.

Interview Questions

• What employee background experience do you think is more important to us - sales or customer service for this position?   1 Answer

Too low of pay. They have a flat salary "across the board" of $18,500. They have unlimited commissions though at 5% of the gross sale. Their top sales people were making around $75,000 total compensation. Too little salary base for a fifty year old father!

Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABC Supply (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

Contact was by ph 1st, then in person, the one on one did not go well I did not care for the interveiwer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ABC Supply (Charlotte, NC) in April 2009.

Interview

Started off with 2 on 1 interview thru school, then the second round of process was personality test and then a phone interviewed. The last interview is an onsite interview which they wine & dine.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC Supply in October 2011.

Interview

They seemed very unorganized. They didnt reserve a room on campus in time to do their interviews so you had to go to a hotel outside the city. All they really asked was 1) what did I know about the company? 2) Why did I want to work there? 3) How did I work in teams 4) What motivates me . Then they went through my resume and scrutinized everything on it and asked if any of my answers were rehearsed? which they werent?. Didnt really want to get an offer and got kind of frustrated by their demeaning attitude towards me so I was bitter back to them. Seems like a good company just could picture myself working for either one of the two men that interviewed me. thats all.