ABC Supply

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

OUTSIDE SALES

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ABC Supply in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interviews followed by 3 face to face interviews with various managers.

Interview Question – Are you a lucky person?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

CDL Driver Interview

CDL Driver
Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ABC Supply.

Interview Details – fill applicaiion,phone interview,inperson interview,background check,drug test,2nd rt interview,safety test ,road test ,very easy process ,8th grade education type interview,management main question when can you start,the process very simple,once hired thet give you a tree full of papers to fill out

Interview Question – some of our eqipment isnt up to dot inspection,can you drive it to our next delivery,we do have repairs scheduled   View Answer

Warehouse Interview

Warehouse

Interviewed at ABC Supply

Interview Details – I was hired after first interview. Great company to work for, very focused on employee engagement. Multiple winner of the Gallup Best workplace award. Very physical work but fun place to work, great co-workers.

Interview Question – Very typical questions that you get in most reviews " why should I hire you?"   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ops Manager Interview

Ops Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ABC Supply in February 2010.

Interview Details – Contact was by ph 1st, then in person, the one on one did not go well I did not care for the interveiwer

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

Outside Interview

Outside
Warren, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ABC Supply in January 2012.

Interview Details – sat down with two gentlemen. it was like good cop bad cop. one guy was fine, respectful, the other was a jerk. the guy wouldnt answer any questions related to the job. when asked what the job entails, his response was "you tell me". he wanted to know what i was going to do for him- fair question, however i was given no parameters, no general description. it was weird. i think i intimidated this guy from the start with my knowledge and experience in the industry. i was reserved at the start, and he just let loose. no wonder they have been advertising this job for a loooong time. glad it didnt work out for me.

Interview Question – what are you going to do for me   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Trainee
Charlotte, NC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at ABC Supply in April 2009.

Interview Details – Started off with 2 on 1 interview thru school, then the second round of process was personality test and then a phone interviewed. The last interview is an onsite interview which they wine & dine.

Interview Question – Situation in which you had to manage people?   Answer Question

Kenosha, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ABC Supply in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied on-line to six locations with no reply. I began calling three locations once every two weeks over two months. I was able to obtain all three of the store manager's email addresses from my conversation with one of the managers. After about 8 weeks of phone calls and emails, I received an email asking if I was still interested in interviewing for the Outside Sales position. I said yes and went to the interview in Kenosha where it lasted 1 hour and 40 minutes. I was told that he would like me to come back and interview with his boss the next week.

Interview Question – What employee background experience do you think is more important to us - sales or customer service for this position?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Too low of pay. They have a flat salary "across the board" of $18,500. They have unlimited commissions though at 5% of the gross sale. Their top sales people were making around $75,000 total compensation. Too little salary base for a fifty year old father!

OUTSIDE SALES

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ABC Supply in October 2011.

Interview Details – They seemed very unorganized. They didnt reserve a room on campus in time to do their interviews so you had to go to a hotel outside the city. All they really asked was 1) what did I know about the company? 2) Why did I want to work there? 3) How did I work in teams 4) What motivates me . Then they went through my resume and scrutinized everything on it and asked if any of my answers were rehearsed? which they werent?. Didnt really want to get an offer and got kind of frustrated by their demeaning attitude towards me so I was bitter back to them. Seems like a good company just could picture myself working for either one of the two men that interviewed me. thats all.

Interview Questions

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at ABC Supply in July 2011.

Interview Details – Not sure if the person even knew if he was suppose to do an interview

Interview Question – No questions just told me about the company & ended the interview.   View Answer

Data Entry Interview

Data Entry

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ABC Supply in March 2009.

Interview Details – everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Worked for ABC Supply? Contribute to the Community!