ABC Supply

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Outside Sales

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ABC Supply in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interviews followed by 3 face to face interviews with various managers.

Interview Question – Are you a lucky person?   View Answer

Outside Sales
Kenosha, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ABC Supply in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied on-line to six locations with no reply. I began calling three locations once every two weeks over two months. I was able to obtain all three of the store manager's email addresses from my conversation with one of the managers. After about 8 weeks of phone calls and emails, I received an email asking if I was still interested in interviewing for the Outside Sales position. I said yes and went to the interview in Kenosha where it lasted 1 hour and 40 minutes. I was told that he would like me to come back and interview with his boss the next week.

Interview Question – What employee background experience do you think is more important to us - sales or customer service for this position?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Too low of pay. They have a flat salary "across the board" of $18,500. They have unlimited commissions though at 5% of the gross sale. Their top sales people were making around $75,000 total compensation. Too little salary base for a fifty year old father!

Outside Sales Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ABC Supply in October 2011.

Interview Details – They seemed very unorganized. They didnt reserve a room on campus in time to do their interviews so you had to go to a hotel outside the city. All they really asked was 1) what did I know about the company? 2) Why did I want to work there? 3) How did I work in teams 4) What motivates me . Then they went through my resume and scrutinized everything on it and asked if any of my answers were rehearsed? which they werent?. Didnt really want to get an offer and got kind of frustrated by their demeaning attitude towards me so I was bitter back to them. Seems like a good company just could picture myself working for either one of the two men that interviewed me. thats all.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ABC Supply? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ABC Supply Outside Sales interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by ABC Supply employees and interview candidates.