ABC Supply

ABC Supply Outside Sales Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ABC Supply in October 2011.

Phone interviews followed by 3 face to face interviews with various managers.

Other Interview Reviews for ABC Supply

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ABC Supply in July 2010.

I applied on-line to six locations with no reply. I began calling three locations once every two weeks over two months. I was able to obtain all three of the store manager's email addresses from my conversation with one of the managers. After about 8 weeks of phone calls and emails, I received an email asking if I was still interested in interviewing for the Outside Sales position. I said yes and went to the interview in Kenosha where it lasted 1 hour and 40 minutes. I was told that he would like me to come back and interview with his boss the next week.

Interview Questions
    • What employee background experience do you think is more important to us - sales or customer service for this position?   View Answer

Too low of pay. They have a flat salary "across the board" of $18,500. They have unlimited commissions though at 5% of the gross sale. Their top sales people were making around $75,000 total compensation. Too little salary base for a fifty year old father!

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABC Supply in October 2011.

They seemed very unorganized. They didnt reserve a room on campus in time to do their interviews so you had to go to a hotel outside the city. All they really asked was 1) what did I know about the company? 2) Why did I want to work there? 3) How did I work in teams 4) What motivates me . Then they went through my resume and scrutinized everything on it and asked if any of my answers were rehearsed? which they werent?. Didnt really want to get an offer and got kind of frustrated by their demeaning attitude towards me so I was bitter back to them. Seems like a good company just could picture myself working for either one of the two men that interviewed me. thats all.