ABF Freight

ABF Freight Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

Account Manager Interview

interview with RVP of sales and operations. Asked about past (freight) employers and the experience that was gained that I could bring to help the company. Asked about levels of quotas and any sales related item (per cent of growth), sales calls quotas, entertainment, and any other sales related activity involved in the selling process...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience in the transportation industry   View Answer
    none--they made a fair offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ABF Freight.

The process took 3 months.

I applied and was contacted about a month later by phone to set up an interview with a Branch Manager. There I was asked about my background, normal interview questions and I was also given a tour of the facility. After the tour, I took a test - exactly how others have described.

About a month later I was contacted to set up an interview with the VP of Sales and Operations. This was an informal meeting. They wanted to get to know me more and give more detail into the company and the program. Extremely nice people and we got a long pretty well.

Dockmen Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ABF Freight.

Extensive background check before even to be considered for any position. Crazy working hours until you get a bid--once you are on full time things are better, getting a weekly pay check pays the bills.

Interview Questions
    dockmen is scale pay on teamsters union scale

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through my school career website and got an interview. First interview was on campus. Questions were just general. The interviewer told me that there would be 3 rounds of interview

Interview Questions
    • The interview was informal. Questions were something like "what are your strength and weakness" "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Great place to work for and the interview was great. Great senior management and very accessible promotions to promote within the company. Overall I had a great experienced and great interview with senior management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ABF Freight.

Interviewed by local terminal personel and VP's of both sales and operations. All the questions were relevant to your charachter. They try to hire employee's who have character and will do what is right when faced with difficult situations.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were faced with a difficult situation and how you reacted.   View Answer
    I accepted the first offer as it was more than fair.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ABF Freight in April 2014.

I setup an interview with ABF through the job website for the school I attend. My application was accepted and had my first interview setup (also on campus). The interview lasted about 30-45 mins and was conducted by the branch manager and an accounts manager. Both were very friendly and asked relevant but simple questions compared to other interviews I've been in. Most questions related to previous work experience and how the applicant worked through certain situations. After the campus interview, I was then contacted to take a skills test at the local branch office. The questions are very simple and while allotted 1 hr, it only took about 20 mins to finish. After the skills test I was invited to a second interview that was conducted by the Regional VP of Operations and the Regional VP of Sales. Both asked questions of a similar basis. Most questions were to get to know the applicant and less of the common "what would you do if this happened." A few weeks later I was given an offer and had to take a drug test (urinalysis) within 30 days. Overall, a pleasant experience compared to interviews with other corporations/companies.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you were faced with a challenge and how you were able to overcome it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. The offer was better than the offers from other companies. The only downside, you have to be willing to relocate anywhere (usually regionally) they want to send you after training.

Entry Level Ratings Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ABF Freight in April 2014.

After a few months of submitting an application I was asked to come in to take the skills test. It is fairly basic. I had a couple of interviews afterwards. This part of the process took about 3 hours total. I got lucky in that they had people ready for me to interview with since I got done with my test, but you may have to come back for the interviews at another time. After a couple more weeks, I was asked to come in and interview again. A week and a half later, out of the blue, I was asked to take a drug test for the position. This is an office job mind you. So just beware, they don't mind wasting your time with everything I've mentioned just to turn you down for a drug screening that they don't discuss.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABF Freight.

I met with a recruiter at my college career fair. I had an interview the next morning and it was at least an hour and a half long. I researched the company before and it showed that I knew information in my interview and the recruiter loved that! The recruiter was really interested in my personal life and my college experiences. It was really an amazing interview.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter asked me about a time when I've impacted someone's life   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ABF Freight in March 2014.

They had contacted me over email with a number of different dates/times to interview. Once I chose a convenient date and time, they changed there minds 3-4 times. The background check was unreal. They asked me for information and documents at least a dozen times. The HR Contact I had lost my information ad documents 3-4 times and blamed it on me. This company has no structure and is very disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • The 2 people I met with had a long list of behavioral questions and they seemed to not understand most questions or why they were asking them.   Answer Question