ABF Freight Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.6

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABF Freight.

Interview

basic interview questions if any. it was more of a chat at a public place just so the recruiter can get to know you. you'd have to meet with him twice before you can have a more formal interview with the branch manger

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ABF Freight

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABF Freight (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Went pretty good, took about 2 months total. 3 round of interviews. Have to be okay with relocating. They want hard working motivated individuals. They will drug test you. The pay is competitive. Their background check will find everything including things you might forget to put. So be completely honest, because they will call you out on it.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABF Freight in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed at my college. The guy was easy to communicate with and easy to answer questions. No problems there but after the initial interview came time for him to send the info to the company. I was contacted by multiple HR employers and it was not very organized. It took them a long time to get information back to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The process took 3 months. I applied and was contacted about a month later by phone to set up an interview with a Branch Manager. There I was asked about my background, normal interview questions and I was also given a tour of the facility. After the tour, I took a test - exactly how others have described. About a month later I was contacted to set up an interview with the VP of Sales and Operations. This was an informal meeting. They wanted to get to know me more and give more detail into the company and the program. Extremely nice people and we got a long pretty well.

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

I applied through my school career website and got an interview. First interview was on campus. Questions were just general. The interviewer told me that there would be 3 rounds of interview

Interview Questions

• The interview was informal. Questions were something like "what are your strength and weakness" "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

Great place to work for and the interview was great. Great senior management and very accessible promotions to promote within the company. Overall I had a great experienced and great interview with senior management

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work nigh shifts   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

Interviewed by local terminal personel and VP's of both sales and operations. All the questions were relevant to your charachter. They try to hire employee's who have character and will do what is right when faced with difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with a difficult situation and how you reacted.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the first offer as it was more than fair.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ABF Freight in April 2014.

Interview

I setup an interview with ABF through the job website for the school I attend. My application was accepted and had my first interview setup (also on campus). The interview lasted about 30-45 mins and was conducted by the branch manager and an accounts manager. Both were very friendly and asked relevant but simple questions compared to other interviews I've been in. Most questions related to previous work experience and how the applicant worked through certain situations. After the campus interview, I was then contacted to take a skills test at the local branch office. The questions are very simple and while allotted 1 hr, it only took about 20 mins to finish. After the skills test I was invited to a second interview that was conducted by the Regional VP of Operations and the Regional VP of Sales. Both asked questions of a similar basis. Most questions were to get to know the applicant and less of the common "what would you do if this happened." A few weeks later I was given an offer and had to take a drug test (urinalysis) within 30 days. Overall, a pleasant experience compared to interviews with other corporations/companies.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were faced with a challenge and how you were able to overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. The offer was better than the offers from other companies. The only downside, you have to be willing to relocate anywhere (usually regionally) they want to send you after training.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABF Freight.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at my college career fair. I had an interview the next morning and it was at least an hour and a half long. I researched the company before and it showed that I knew information in my interview and the recruiter loved that! The recruiter was really interested in my personal life and my college experiences. It was really an amazing interview.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked me about a time when I've impacted someone's life   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Sacramento, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

They give you time slots to go to an interview and hurdle you in within 30 minutes of one another. I was 15 minutes late to mine but was offered another interview without repercussions, nice guy out of Sacramento.

Interview Questions

• How would you make this company better? A lot of team questions.   Answer Question