ABF Freight System

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ABF Freight System.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter at my college career fair. I had an interview the next morning and it was at least an hour and a half long. I researched the company before and it showed that I knew information in my interview and the recruiter loved that! The recruiter was really interested in my personal life and my college experiences. It was really an amazing interview.

Interview Question – The recruiter asked me about a time when I've impacted someone's life   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ABF Freight System in March 2013.

Interview Details – They give you time slots to go to an interview and hurdle you in within 30 minutes of one another. I was 15 minutes late to mine but was offered another interview without repercussions, nice guy out of Sacramento.

Interview Question – How would you make this company better? A lot of team questions.   Answer Question

Worcester, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ABF Freight System in July 2012.

Interview Details – Shortly after applying they reached out to me to set up a one on one interview. The branch manager I interviewed with was very amiable and easy going. A couple weeks later I then interviewed with the VP of Operations who was a stand up guy and easy to get along with as well. The interviews were more of discussions, although they did ask typical questions especially all the ones everyone has mentioned on this website. They emphasized the fact that there isn't a typical 8 hour day, you are finished when the job is finished.

Interview Question – Tell me about a person whose life you impacted and how   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Need to be willing to relocate anywhere to one of their facilities all across the United States and Canada without assistance financially from them. They will move all your belongings through their transportation services though.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ABF Freight System in March 2011.

Interview Details – Got the interview through my college career center, very candid conversation, Asked a lot of questions about work history.

Interview Questions

• name a time that you have had an idea which your boss strongly opposed.   Answer Question
  • give an example of a time you have failed working with a customer and a time you have succeeded.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at ABF Freight System in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed yesterday with regional sales manager - really laid back Q&A. Asked about my prior experience, resume, college experience etc. Gave very insightful information regarding the position. I'm currently waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went the extra mile for someone in a professional environment.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ABF Freight System

Worked for ABF Freight System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ABF Freight System Management Trainee interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by ABF Freight System employees and interview candidates.