ABF Freight System

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ABF Freight System.

The process took 3 months.

I applied and was contacted about a month later by phone to set up an interview with a Branch Manager. There I was asked about my background, normal interview questions and I was also given a tour of the facility. After the tour, I took a test - exactly how others have described.

About a month later I was contacted to set up an interview with the VP of Sales and Operations. This was an informal meeting. They wanted to get to know me more and give more detail into the company and the program. Extremely nice people and we got a long pretty well.

Other Interview Reviews for ABF Freight System

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through my school career website and got an interview. First interview was on campus. Questions were just general. The interviewer told me that there would be 3 rounds of interview

Interview Questions
    • The interview was informal. Questions were something like "what are your strength and weakness" "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Great place to work for and the interview was great. Great senior management and very accessible promotions to promote within the company. Overall I had a great experienced and great interview with senior management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ABF Freight System.

Interviewed by local terminal personel and VP's of both sales and operations. All the questions were relevant to your charachter. They try to hire employee's who have character and will do what is right when faced with difficult situations.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were faced with a difficult situation and how you reacted.   View Answer
    I accepted the first offer as it was more than fair.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ABF Freight System in April 2014.

I setup an interview with ABF through the job website for the school I attend. My application was accepted and had my first interview setup (also on campus). The interview lasted about 30-45 mins and was conducted by the branch manager and an accounts manager. Both were very friendly and asked relevant but simple questions compared to other interviews I've been in. Most questions related to previous work experience and how the applicant worked through certain situations. After the campus interview, I was then contacted to take a skills test at the local branch office. The questions are very simple and while allotted 1 hr, it only took about 20 mins to finish. After the skills test I was invited to a second interview that was conducted by the Regional VP of Operations and the Regional VP of Sales. Both asked questions of a similar basis. Most questions were to get to know the applicant and less of the common "what would you do if this happened." A few weeks later I was given an offer and had to take a drug test (urinalysis) within 30 days. Overall, a pleasant experience compared to interviews with other corporations/companies.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you were faced with a challenge and how you were able to overcome it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. The offer was better than the offers from other companies. The only downside, you have to be willing to relocate anywhere (usually regionally) they want to send you after training.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABF Freight System.

I met with a recruiter at my college career fair. I had an interview the next morning and it was at least an hour and a half long. I researched the company before and it showed that I knew information in my interview and the recruiter loved that! The recruiter was really interested in my personal life and my college experiences. It was really an amazing interview.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter asked me about a time when I've impacted someone's life   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ABF Freight System in March 2013.

They give you time slots to go to an interview and hurdle you in within 30 minutes of one another. I was 15 minutes late to mine but was offered another interview without repercussions, nice guy out of Sacramento.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make this company better? A lot of team questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABF Freight System in July 2012.

Shortly after applying they reached out to me to set up a one on one interview. The branch manager I interviewed with was very amiable and easy going. A couple weeks later I then interviewed with the VP of Operations who was a stand up guy and easy to get along with as well. The interviews were more of discussions, although they did ask typical questions especially all the ones everyone has mentioned on this website. They emphasized the fact that there isn't a typical 8 hour day, you are finished when the job is finished.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a person whose life you impacted and how   Answer Question

Need to be willing to relocate anywhere to one of their facilities all across the United States and Canada without assistance financially from them. They will move all your belongings through their transportation services though.

Management Trainee Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at ABF Freight System in March 2011.

Interviewed yesterday with regional sales manager - really laid back Q&A. Asked about my prior experience, resume, college experience etc. Gave very insightful information regarding the position. I'm currently waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went the extra mile for someone in a professional environment.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABF Freight System in March 2011.

Got the interview through my college career center, very candid conversation, Asked a lot of questions about work history.

Interview Questions
    • name a time that you have had an idea which your boss strongly opposed.   Answer Question
    • give an example of a time you have failed working with a customer and a time you have succeeded.   Answer Question