ABIOMED Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

3.6

A Management Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABIOMED.

Applied online via the website and also networked with colleagues and friends who know people at the company; contacted by HR for quick phone screen to confirm basic qualifications; in-person interview with hiring manager that was combination qualification review and personality fit; second round in-person interview with extended team and partners that was part professional, part casual; final discussion with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your approach to managing others.   View Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

I applied online – interviewed at ABIOMED in May 2014.

Applied for the position and then LinkedIn with the recruiter, sent him an email. Received an email shortly thereafter about scheduling a phone screen. I responded with several days of available times. No response. Several days go by and I email respond again. The following day I receive an email from someone else saying they'd like to skip the phone and do an on site. I go to the on site and first meet with their admin to find out she is the one leaving At this point I'm thinking why am I here? This is not the position I applied for. I then met w/ the VP of HR who I really enjoyed, followed up by the HR Mgr. It quickly became apparent to me that I could run circles around her and they have no idea what level a HRBP is in most markets. If you're hiring an admin or junior level rep, say so. Needless to say, I was not offered the position. However, it took them more than 2 months to notify me - via SNAIL MAIL. Who does that? Most candidates want to know ASSP that they're not selected and this was really poor on their part.
    *Interview questions were not difficult but they're still very old school in their techniques and yes, interviews are held in the lobby conference room.

Interview Questions
    • All questions asked were related to a much lower position than what I thought I was applying for.   View Answer

Assembler Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ABIOMED in May 2014.

Interviews were with 3 people separately one after another. If they liked you, they'd call back for a skills ssessment. If they like you they hire. If not they don't contact you at all or over months late to tell you, you didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What type of situation have you worked in and how were you able to solve it?   Answer Question

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ABIOMED in November 2012.

The company is very paranoid, Interviews are conducted mostly in a conference room off the lobby or right next door in the HR department. You do not even get a look at the product until after the second interview. Only during the third interview did I get a look at the facility.

Interview Questions
    • One of the Engineers interviewing me threw a bunch of miscellaneous electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic parts on the table and asked me to identify all of them. He never did state what he was trying to find out through this test.
      Interviewers were most interested in what you would do to make their job easier. So be sure you know how you would best support each group.

Answer Question
    Not much opportunity to negotiate, they had a fixed salary in mind and only deduct from there based upon your experience.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ABIOMED in February 2012.

I submitted my resume on my school's career link, and they conducted an phone interview the next day.