ABM Industries

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portfolio Manager Interview

Interviewed at ABM Industries

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on the company website for carrier opportunities and I got an email back to schedule for an interview. I called and scheduled the interview with them and once it was done I got the job.

Interview Question – Not sure I had a difficult question to answer since I had some managerial experience before I interviewed with ABM.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Securtiy Officer Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ABM Industries in November 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process went well.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Senior District Manager Interview

Vancouver, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ABM Industries.

Interview Details – Recruited by HR, met with Hiring manager and HR, met with VP of sales, met with hiring manager for offer presentation.

Negotiation Details – negotiated base salary up 2%

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ABM Industries.

Interview Details – Very Nice Informative And Quick With Hired On The Spot

Interview Question – INothing Really Difficultt   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked For More Money But Wasn't Budgeted For Position

Desktop Support Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at ABM Industries in May 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and Interviewing process is correct. I answered every question to the best of my ability.

Manager - Internal Reporting Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ABM Industries.

Interview Details – I had phone interview with HR then went in for a in person interview with four people. Most questions were reasonable. There weren't any technical questions.

Facilities Safety/Risk Director Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ABM Industries in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interviews themselves were fairly straightforward discussions regarding workplace safety and managing risks as a government service provider. A very diverse set of client specialty areas but all-in-all on topic. The challenge came in having the actively manage the process by following up every 2-3 weeks with the "recruitment staff" in Houston. The standard comment back was, "I was just about to call you..." Finally ended the process on the 4th or 5th interview as a face-to-face, with one additional call-in from a regional COO.

Reason for Declining – After the protracted process, I received a telephonic offer from the Houston staff who stated they were going to follow-up with a formal offer letter should I tentatively accept. When I did, the letter was addressed to someone else, without mention of any bonus potential as had been discussed previously. When I asked for copies of the benefits materials that were supposed to have been part of the offer package, I noted that health benefits similar to my current coverage were approximately 3 times the employee payment. When I countered their offer with a reasonable increase in salary to offset the benefits increase, I received an email from the recruiter in Houston stating they wouldn't be going forward with the process. When I followed up with the regional President requesting confirmation of the decision, I received an apologetic call from their Western Regional HR Director who seemed anxious to close the deal, including a proffer of reasonable solutions to my request to maintain healthcare coverage for my family during the transition. While he was unable to close the deal at that time, he did promise that he contact me the following week so that we could move forward with the process. A week went by with everyone "traveling" and no follow-up call. Eventually, after a couple of weeks without a decision, I received an email stating they were now in a hiring freeze (despite the stated position being relisted on the job boards that day) and that they would consider me for the position should it become available after the new year. Amazing I know but having lived it I hope no one else has to endure a similar experience. It doesn't appear to me that their CEO learned much of anything on his "Undercover Boss" debut.

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ABM Industries in June 2011.

Interview Details – Online resume submission.
Contacted by hiring agency.

Interview Question – Auditing and accounting questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mobile Route Technician for Chase Bank Branches/Mostly Oakland County Interview

Waterford, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ABM Industries in December 2012.

Interview Details – easy to speak with the interviewers, told before interview job pays $37/hr, very nice people to speak with, expected to be on call 24/7, mentioned lots of overtime, offered positionion, called back a few minutes later and changed hourly rate to 25.21/hr , I declined the offer, and hoped them the best.

Interview Question – no difficult questions very comfortable informal interview meeting   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – improper wage offer

Utility Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ABM Industries.

Interview Details – Standard process. Applied via referral. Called for interview 2-3 days later. Casual interview with basic questions. Offered the position. Required to take drug test. Started assignment a few days later. The account manager was very car salesman like. The office personnel were very personable, friendly, and easy going. The site supervisor however was a very rough character, with no real people or interviewing skills.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Standard interview and all questions were relevant to the job (building maintenance)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Oddly, this position at any site in the SF bay area, paid 19.00 to start via union guidelines. We however were all paid 15.00, and told that the higher rate was only for those who completed their 90 day probation, and subsequently became local 39 union members. After my being "laid-off" from this site, several people who were retained, had told me they were not raised to 19.00/hr. They were given an excuse that the "this particular contract," did not pay that high. The oddest part of this equation is, the job title utility engineer, pays 19.00/hr regardless what site you work at, due to the 19.00 being standard local 39 union salary. So something is wrong here, unless the largest commercial retail shopping center in the bay area, somehow cannot afford to pay it's contractors the correct union wage.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ABM Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ABM Industries interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by ABM Industries employees and interview candidates.