ABM Industries Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.3

Chief Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Washington, DC).

Interview

Easy, laid back, direct questions pertaining to the job. 1 on 1 with the regional manager, business casual attire and was cordial and knew what questions to ask pertaining to the position. Walked the property and made sure we discussed the integral function of role within the facility. Introduced me to some of the staff and presented an offer letter and Scope of work. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem being on call based on your proximity to the facility.   1 Answer

Janitoral Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABM Industries.

Interview

I was a little late and my phone was about to die before I could call the hiring manager because I was lost but I was hired and to start the next day with no problems.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Two step process. I first met with the HR recruiter who offered me a site and then I met with the site supervisor. It was easy. They mainly want to know about your availability, especially if you go to school.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever responded to an emergency situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Sends an email with initial interview screening questions. There were 9 interview questions ranging from why are looking at our company, what are your strengths, weaknesses, and life outside of work. The question also includes an attempt to get info on how much salary I made over the last 2 years, which is a clever way to work that part of negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a typical day in the office/typical day.   Answer Question
    • How much have you made the last 2 years?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Stanton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABM Industries (New Stanton, PA).

Interview

Casual conversation to get a brief understanding of my personality and basic problem solving skills. There were few technical questions. Most of which were geared towards learning which machinery and equipment I was familiar with and what I would need to be trained to operate.

Valet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very short easy questions, all stock. "Tell me about yourself" then I waited while they talked on the phone........ and waited.... and waited.... They were 1/2 hour late to begin with... I had other appt.s Also asked how I dealt with upset customers, problems...etc. Interview was very short and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an upset customer in a situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABM Industries (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

On yahoo messenger. It wasn't bad. The questions were short and to the point. Nothing real personal and easy to do on the computer. I did this over the internet with the HR head of operations. She was quite pleasant and good at explaining all of my questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ABM Industries.

Interview

Had phone interview with hiring manager (EVP level). He had my resume, as provided by the headhunter he was working with. Had 30 minute interview...first 10 minutes were "getting to know you" personal stuff. Next 20 minutes started with "Did you go to college right from High School?", "When was that?", and proceeded to go thru every job I ever had in my life with the years I was there. If he wanted to ask me how old I was, he should have just done it. Oh yeh, that would be illegal. We NEVER talked about the job itself, and in fact the job description he provided was the wrong one, by his own admission. Needless to say, they didn't pursue my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• When/where did you go to High School?   2 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Interview and hiring process was typical. Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked for examples from previous work experience and financial experience. Was concerned about customer service and your report with clients, coworkers and management. Were you a team player, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Application

I interviewed at ABM Industries in December 2014.

Interview

After college graduation I worked for two companies, then I founded my own company (owned for 25 years) I am currently semi-retired and looking for another position. I have driven school buses and a business like ABM Idust. So I feel it would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• I have not talked with anyone from ABM Indis. Therefor no questions .   1 Answer