ABM Industries Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.3

Janitoral Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ABM Industries.

Interview

I was a little late and my phone was about to die before I could call the hiring manager because I was lost but I was hired and to start the next day with no problems.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ABM Industries (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Two step process. I first met with the HR recruiter who offered me a site and then I met with the site supervisor. It was easy. They mainly want to know about your availability, especially if you go to school.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever responded to an emergency situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Stanton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ABM Industries (New Stanton, PA).

Interview

Casual conversation to get a brief understanding of my personality and basic problem solving skills. There were few technical questions. Most of which were geared towards learning which machinery and equipment I was familiar with and what I would need to be trained to operate.

Valet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ABM Industries (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very short easy questions, all stock. "Tell me about yourself" then I waited while they talked on the phone........ and waited.... and waited.... They were 1/2 hour late to begin with... I had other appt.s Also asked how I dealt with upset customers, problems...etc. Interview was very short and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an upset customer in a situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ABM Industries (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

On yahoo messenger. It wasn't bad. The questions were short and to the point. Nothing real personal and easy to do on the computer. I did this over the internet with the HR head of operations. She was quite pleasant and good at explaining all of my questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at ABM Industries.

Interview

Had phone interview with hiring manager (EVP level). He had my resume, as provided by the headhunter he was working with. Had 30 minute interview...first 10 minutes were "getting to know you" personal stuff. Next 20 minutes started with "Did you go to college right from High School?", "When was that?", and proceeded to go thru every job I ever had in my life with the years I was there. If he wanted to ask me how old I was, he should have just done it. Oh yeh, that would be illegal. We NEVER talked about the job itself, and in fact the job description he provided was the wrong one, by his own admission. Needless to say, they didn't pursue my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• When/where did you go to High School?   2 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Interview and hiring process was typical. Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked for examples from previous work experience and financial experience. Was concerned about customer service and your report with clients, coworkers and management. Were you a team player, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Application

interviewed at ABM Industries in December 2014.

Interview

After college graduation I worked for two companies, then I founded my own company (owned for 25 years) I am currently semi-retired and looking for another position. I have driven school buses and a business like ABM Idust. So I feel it would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• I have not talked with anyone from ABM Indis. Therefor no questions .   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ABM Industries in October 2014.

Interview

Very disorganized. Unprofessional Organization. Human Resources does not give a squat about their applicants. BEWARE PPL This is for when I was applying for the job as an HR Clerk/ Receptionist. But I think it speaks for the rest of the dept in HR. Heres my experience about the HR Clerk position* Got a call for HR clerk on 10/8/2014 (WEDS) from a HR rep from ABM in montebello, ca area code. She told me that someone will get in contact with me shortly. 10/10/2014 (FRI) arrives and still no answers or contact. I decided to call this lady...she didnt leave a name in the first place (partially my fault)...... i know..... but I thought i was gonna get a call from a ABM recruiter soon.......BUT they left me high and dry. This lady told me the interview was going be tuesday 10/14/2014 and no one ever followed up on that. I did not know what time the interview was..... where the location of the interview..... and who would be interviewing me.... i was sort of left in the dark. So I decided to do my own research.......keep reading The day before the interview, i was scrambling to get some information on the whereabouts for the interview. I called the HR dept after getting doing some research online... and every person I talk to from HR was either incompetent or completely rude. Was I wrong trying to find out where and what time my interview was going to take place??? The HR dept was horrible in trying to direct me to the right place. They finally directed to me to the HR recruiters in LA. I believe her name was Julie and another guy name was William. I left Julie a voicemail and low and behold.... straight to voicemail ! I personally took a day off to try and go to this interview and I felt like I just lost money #1 and #2 I wasted alot of time and energy by trying to make this interview happen. I started calling hr from 9:30 am - 5:00pm and I couldnt get one single answers of what time and where was my interview. Aint that something???!!!!??? The HR receptionist told me that if they dont get in touch with you... you can try and call at 8 am. Are u kidding me? how professional is that?? Call in the DAY OF THE INTERVIEW??? People need to prepare and get ready not be on...STANDBY. I have given up the fact that I want to work for this company. If they cant coordinate a interview with such a simple process... Im wondering how good is this company in the long run. I decided even if they call me, I will decline any future employment with ABM. ---Anyways, I hope you guys read my reviews. This is for my experience only. Everyone's different. There's a reason why ABM has low ratings b/c they are what they present themselves. Think about all these review guys before you quit your current job. Fact or fiction, these reviews speak for themselves. I wouldnt gamble my current job for this company. NO WAY. NO HELL.---

Bilingual Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ABM Industries (Lisle, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

There wasn't a phone interview. The Regional Director of HR called me and asked me to come in. It was a panel interview. They were very unfriendly and it was a cold environment. The office facility is nice. They never followed up with me to let me know I was not selected. I left with a horrible impression. This company is unorganized and unprofessional.