ABM Industries

ABM Industries Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.5

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at ABM Industries.

Had phone interview with hiring manager (EVP level). He had my resume, as provided by the headhunter he was working with. Had 30 minute interview...first 10 minutes were "getting to know you" personal stuff. Next 20 minutes started with "Did you go to college right from High School?", "When was that?", and proceeded to go thru every job I ever had in my life with the years I was there. If he wanted to ask me how old I was, he should have just done it. Oh yeh, that would be illegal. We NEVER talked about the job itself, and in fact the job description he provided was the wrong one, by his own admission. Needless to say, they didn't pursue my candidacy.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview and hiring process was typical. Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked for examples from previous work experience and financial experience. Was concerned about customer service and your report with clients, coworkers and management. Were you a team player, etc.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation.

Van Driver, Security Interview

interviewed at ABM Industries in December 2014.

After college graduation I worked for two companies, then I founded my own company (owned for 25 years) I am currently semi-retired and looking for another position. I have driven school buses and a business like ABM Idust. So I feel it would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • I have not talked with anyone from ABM Indis. Therefor no questions .   View Answer

Human Resource Clerk/Receptionist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ABM Industries in October 2014.

Very disorganized. Unprofessional Organization. Human Resources does not give a squat about their applicants. BEWARE PPL

This is for when I was applying for the job as an HR Clerk/ Receptionist. But I think it speaks for the rest of the dept in HR.
    Heres my experience about the HR Clerk position*

Got a call for HR clerk on 10/8/2014 (WEDS) from a HR rep from ABM in montebello, ca area code. She told me that someone will get in contact with me shortly. 10/10/2014 (FRI) arrives and still no answers or contact. I decided to call this lady...she didnt leave a name in the first place (partially my fault)...... i know..... but I thought i was gonna get a call from a ABM recruiter soon.......BUT they left me high and dry. This lady told me the interview was going be tuesday 10/14/2014 and no one ever followed up on that. I did not know what time the interview was..... where the location of the interview..... and who would be interviewing me.... i was sort of left in the dark. So I decided to do my own research.......keep reading

The day before the interview, i was scrambling to get some information on the whereabouts for the interview. I called the HR dept after getting doing some research online... and every person I talk to from HR was either incompetent or completely rude. Was I wrong trying to find out where and what time my interview was going to take place???

The HR dept was horrible in trying to direct me to the right place. They finally directed to me to the HR recruiters in LA. I believe her name was Julie and another guy name was William. I left Julie a voicemail and low and behold.... straight to voicemail ! I personally took a day off to try and go to this interview and I felt like I just lost money #1 and #2 I wasted alot of time and energy by trying to make this interview happen. I started calling hr from 9:30 am - 5:00pm and I couldnt get one single answers of what time and where was my interview. Aint that something???!!!!???

The HR receptionist told me that if they dont get in touch with you... you can try and call at 8 am. Are u kidding me? how professional is that?? Call in the DAY OF THE INTERVIEW??? People need to prepare and get ready not be on...STANDBY. I have given up the fact that I want to work for this company.

If they cant coordinate a interview with such a simple process... Im wondering how good is this company in the long run. I decided even if they call me, I will decline any future employment with ABM.

---Anyways, I hope you guys read my reviews. This is for my experience only. Everyone's different. There's a reason why ABM has low ratings b/c they are what they present themselves. Think about all these review guys before you quit your current job. Fact or fiction, these reviews speak for themselves. I wouldnt gamble my current job for this company. NO WAY. NO HELL.---

Bilingual Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I applied online – interviewed at ABM Industries in September 2014.

There wasn't a phone interview. The Regional Director of HR called me and asked me to come in. It was a panel interview. They were very unfriendly and it was a cold environment. The office facility is nice. They never followed up with me to let me know I was not selected. I left with a horrible impression. This company is unorganized and unprofessional.

Security Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABM Industries.

You get some training while you are there, them you take a test and you have to take a drug test too. Then you answer some more question on another paper.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ABM Industries in August 2014.

I submitted my application via the company website, and received a call the very next day for an interview. I went to the interview, and was interviewed by two different hiring managers. They asked a few questions about myself, and what I knew about the company. I was told that this would be a great fit for me as a Military Veteran, and was given words of encouragement as I left. I received a generic email from the HR department the next morning stating that I was not being offered the position. In this specific position, I believe my age was a factor in the denial.

Senior Manager - Safety Interview

Eager to bring you on board, onboarding experience not what it needs to be. I would say this is pretty much the same as most organizations of this caliber. Contract services never changes....

Interview Questions
    • No onboarding experience. You have to figure it out yourself.   Answer Question
    Hard to make a decision, but took the risk

Human Recources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABM Industries in May 2014.

Very interesting. The most entertaining interview I have ever had. Everything was very to the point and they explained everything in detail from the start. Kept me in the loop the entire time and when they said to call for any updates they actual meant it. Very good first impression of the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions where hard. They kept everything very simple.   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

I submitted my resume on the company website for carrier opportunities and I got an email back to schedule for an interview. I called and scheduled the interview with them and once it was done I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Not sure I had a difficult question to answer since I had some managerial experience before I interviewed with ABM.   Answer Question