ABM Janitorial Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

1.6

Janitor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ABM Janitorial Services.

I was invited to their job fair; I went and was offered a job. I was given the wrong information about where to complete my paperwork, and when I attempted to contact their office, I was given the run around. Maybe they only want to hire certain types of people, but I was very disappointed, especially since I really needed a job.

Interview Questions
    • Told me the salary and asked if I wanted the job. That was it.   Answer Question

Janitor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services in June 2014.

Hiring was done via the internet and had a lot of questions relating to violence and drug use. Then it took them about 3 weeks to get a background check done. The interview went very quick as it was just a basic info they needed. After that it was was watch this video

Interview Questions
    This is our base pay, it varies from building to building.

Facility Manager Interview

There were three interviews one was a phone and the other 2 were panel interviews. You needed to know what you were talking about. You would not get away with faking it.

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services in May 2014.

They hired me because I have previously work experience and they need people to be a seasonal replacement, also was easy you apply online first and later they calling you.

Interview Questions
    • How many years you have cleaning/janitor/housekeeping/porter/custodian experience ?   View Answer
    • You are available to work any shift/holydays/weekends?   View Answer
    • Do you have any criminal record or felony record?   View Answer

Janitor Interview

transfered there from a previous contract this company had

Interview Questions
    • there was no interview... just pass drug test and have a clear back ground   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services in March 2014.

I was called to come in for an interview. On interview day I spoke with the manager of the building for probably 10 minutes tops. Basically told me what the job entailed and then asked me to go to another building to get my paperwork ready to start the next week. If you can pick up a mop I don't think you basically have the job. They make you watch a training video that goes completely out the window when you start your actual job. There was no drug test, just a background check.

Interview Questions
    • None. I was only asked if I had any experience. That was it.   View Answer
    There was no negotiating. Pay was 8.35 an hour.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services.

Submitted online resume, called for interview and attended 2 more interviews

Interview Questions
    • There was no trick questions really. Basic questions about your previous employement   Answer Question

I received another job offer with a higher pay

Janitor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services in November 2013.

Fill out background information if it comes back clean then you have to fill out a new hire packet and watch a video.These are the only steps there is to the process. They place you at a building for trying where you just dust

n/a

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services in September 2013.

The interview was very comfortable and informal. The usual questions were asked about previous experience in the industry as well as overall management experience. It lasted about 30 minutes.

It was very easy.

Laundry Aid and Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services in May 2012.

the enterview was easy and the people giving the interview was very nice and explained what they need in a nice polite manner. the told me the start date and said what time to be there

Interview Questions
    • there was nothing that was difficult or unexpected   View Answer