ABM Janitorial Services Janitor Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

1.1

Janitor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ABM Janitorial Services.

I was invited to their job fair; I went and was offered a job. I was given the wrong information about where to complete my paperwork, and when I attempted to contact their office, I was given the run around. Maybe they only want to hire certain types of people, but I was very disappointed, especially since I really needed a job.

Interview Questions
  • Told me the salary and asked if I wanted the job. That was it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ABM Janitorial Services

Janitor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services in June 2014.

Hiring was done via the internet and had a lot of questions relating to violence and drug use. Then it took them about 3 weeks to get a background check done. The interview went very quick as it was just a basic info they needed. After that it was was watch this video

Interview Questions
    This is our base pay, it varies from building to building.

Janitor Interview

transfered there from a previous contract this company had

Interview Questions
    • there was no interview... just pass drug test and have a clear back ground   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services in March 2014.

I was called to come in for an interview. On interview day I spoke with the manager of the building for probably 10 minutes tops. Basically told me what the job entailed and then asked me to go to another building to get my paperwork ready to start the next week. If you can pick up a mop I don't think you basically have the job. They make you watch a training video that goes completely out the window when you start your actual job. There was no drug test, just a background check.

Interview Questions
    • None. I was only asked if I had any experience. That was it.   View Answer
    There was no negotiating. Pay was 8.35 an hour.

Janitor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services in November 2013.

Fill out background information if it comes back clean then you have to fill out a new hire packet and watch a video.These are the only steps there is to the process. They place you at a building for trying where you just dust

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took a dayinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services in January 2011.

The hiring process was straight forward and took only a day.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions during the interview process.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services in November 2010.

It was good. I just wish it was easier to get hired from temp. to perm. It is hard to prove discrimination, so I felt helpless on how to address the situation. I should of got hired but I didn't fit the cultural dynamic I guess.

Interview Questions
    • What is the lowest amount of pay that you would consider.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services in September 2010.

very easy

offered job and took it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ABM Janitorial Services in August 2010.

Submitted application online. Got a call from local supervisor after a few weeks or so. Did background check and urine testing. Passed those. Sat down with supervisor and had a very quick rough 'interview' with no real questions about my work ethic or "what would you do this this case..?" questions. I felt like he wasn't hiding the fact he was intent on hiring me as long as I was anything short of insane.

Interview Questions
    • No real questions. "Can you clean?", "Do you have any experience cleaning?" "Are you a kleptomaniac?", "Would you come to work most of the time and not call in with fake excuses?" "How little money will you really accept? Because I'm going to give you pennies!!"   View Answer
    Only starting hour time was negotiable, not salary or anything else. It is what it is, take it or leave it. You accept? Okay cool, welcome aboard, you wanna start today or on Monday?