ABM Security Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at ABM Security Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABM Security Services (Mount Vernon, IN).

Interview

Interview seemed very "thrown together". Basic interview questions: Do you handle stress well, Work well with others, Why should we hire you, etc. After hiring you fill out paper work packet including background check, take drug test, apply for TWIC card.

Interview Questions

• Do you handle stress well?, Are you open to work any shift?, Available to work holidays?, etc...   Answer Question

Security Interview

Interview

one on one interview,quick and fast they ask basic questions like anywhere else they ask to see your security lic, you fill out the application and they petty much offer you the job then and there

Interview Questions

• how do you you feel like standing on your feet 8 hours a day   Answer Question

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ABM Security Services (Carrollton, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very calm and basic for any job. They were to the point and really just needed employees. Anyone mentally older than 10 could land this job and perform it to its fullest requirements. Interview went well considering the hiring officer was a bit trigger happy and just concerned with getting help. Kind of scary that there was such little screening done. My co-workers could be killers for all I knew.

Interview Questions

• Do you use any non-prescription narcotics or illegal drugs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABM Security Services (Dublin, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was crappy a group of snobby people in a big room and they wouldn't answer any questions we had and it was a rush to push us thru to where they did t have to deal with us I wish I had never came here to work

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABM Security Services in February 2014.

Interview

The process was long when it came to filling the position . They doe however offer over time which is always an incentive . The uniforms are very professional and very attractive to wear .

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ABM Security Services.

Interview

Filled out application online. I called a few times to check on the status of my application, each time I was told someone will call me when they get to my application. Finally, my cousin who worked there as well called and spoke to someone in HR that she was friends with and asked if they can pull my application. They did and called me the same day asking if I can come in for an interview the following. I interviewed with someone for HR. They asked a few basic questions: Strength?Weakness? Why should I hire you? Felonies? Can you pass a drug test? Then I waited in the lobby area for about thirty minutes and waited t be called in by one of the Operational Managers. He asked me basic questions as well: When can you start working? What area? What days can you work?He gave me a packet and told me to come in the next day for orientation (with the packet filled out). Technically, not officially hire until you successfully complete the orientation. Orientation was 8 hours. The packet was actually graded and you had to have a certain amount right. Never did the drug test. Passed the background. Offically hired. Assigned to a post 15 minutes away from home. Started working the next day. 1st time working security. Provided no training. Just sent me to a location to relieve someone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABM Security Services.

Interview

Initially interviewed with the Regional HR Manager. Then interviewed with the Senior Vice President and the Regional VP. Last interview was with the District Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would definitely not sell yourself short on the salary. Make sure to research what the average wages are and go from there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABM Security Services (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

The branch manager pulled a bait and switch, making me an offer, then knocking a dollar off the advertised pay. I was given a large pile of forms to complete and given zero copies of any of it, No training or manuals or handouts apart from the employee handbook were given. No company orientation was given.

Negotiation

Don't work there. No negotiations were entered into, just bait and switch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABM Security Services (South Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Did additional application online upon arrival.Then waited to be interviewed,and got interviewed then was appointed to come back for oriention upon being hired for job.

Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABM Security Services (Seattle, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

Day 1: 1st interview with general ABM rep. Day 2: 2nd interview with ABM manager of the department along with another ABM security associate. Day 3: (didn't make it to this phase but was told what to expect) Attend a unpaid presentation/orientation from 8am to 3pm and take a security officer test *must pass or they wouldn't be able to offer you the position*