ABM Security Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at ABM Security Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ABM Security Services (Dublin, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was crappy a group of snobby people in a big room and they wouldn't answer any questions we had and it was a rush to push us thru to where they did t have to deal with us I wish I had never came here to work

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ABM Security Services in February 2014.

Interview

The process was long when it came to filling the position . They doe however offer over time which is always an incentive . The uniforms are very professional and very attractive to wear .

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ABM Security Services.

Interview

Filled out application online. I called a few times to check on the status of my application, each time I was told someone will call me when they get to my application. Finally, my cousin who worked there as well called and spoke to someone in HR that she was friends with and asked if they can pull my application. They did and called me the same day asking if I can come in for an interview the following. I interviewed with someone for HR. They asked a few basic questions: Strength?Weakness? Why should I hire you? Felonies? Can you pass a drug test? Then I waited in the lobby area for about thirty minutes and waited t be called in by one of the Operational Managers. He asked me basic questions as well: When can you start working? What area? What days can you work?He gave me a packet and told me to come in the next day for orientation (with the packet filled out). Technically, not officially hire until you successfully complete the orientation. Orientation was 8 hours. The packet was actually graded and you had to have a certain amount right. Never did the drug test. Passed the background. Offically hired. Assigned to a post 15 minutes away from home. Started working the next day. 1st time working security. Provided no training. Just sent me to a location to relieve someone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ABM Security Services.

Interview

Initially interviewed with the Regional HR Manager. Then interviewed with the Senior Vice President and the Regional VP. Last interview was with the District Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would definitely not sell yourself short on the salary. Make sure to research what the average wages are and go from there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ABM Security Services (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

The branch manager pulled a bait and switch, making me an offer, then knocking a dollar off the advertised pay. I was given a large pile of forms to complete and given zero copies of any of it, No training or manuals or handouts apart from the employee handbook were given. No company orientation was given.

Negotiation

Don't work there. No negotiations were entered into, just bait and switch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ABM Security Services (South Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Did additional application online upon arrival.Then waited to be interviewed,and got interviewed then was appointed to come back for oriention upon being hired for job.

Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ABM Security Services (Seattle, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

Day 1: 1st interview with general ABM rep. Day 2: 2nd interview with ABM manager of the department along with another ABM security associate. Day 3: (didn't make it to this phase but was told what to expect) Attend a unpaid presentation/orientation from 8am to 3pm and take a security officer test *must pass or they wouldn't be able to offer you the position*

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ABM Security Services in August 2010.

Interview

you just have to know someone they just need your basic info sleep isn't allowed on the job have to have common sense. they are nice at first nothing is on time apparently management cant afford alarm clocks what they tell you they are "unaware next week. talk with others at the site other than management

Interview Questions

• why dod you wantto work here   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ABM Security Services in April 2011.

Interview

The hiring manager emailed me, asking me to contact him for a phone interview. When I did, he wanted to schedule the interview for later that day, which was not possible for me. There seemed to be some confusion about my availability, but we were able to find a time to talk. Once we did have the phone interview, he was friendly and very casual, as were the two other people with whom I spoke at the office for the in-person interview. The interviews were each fairly short, with the same questions repeated at each step. The hiring manager said he would be in touch the next week but wasn't. Even after a friendly inquiry as to when I might hear back, I didn't. I know this lack of communication from potential employers is common - and understandable, considering the number of people looking for work - but it was just a little weird not to hear from him after talking twice in one week (phone and in-person).

Interview Questions

• A question about my comfort level with a particular job-related subject matter   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ABM Security Services in February 2011.

Interview

Met with initial interview, he asked questions related to the job and my experience. I then met with operations manager where I was asked what places I have worked, I was then offered a position, took drug test and began work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotions on salaray were made, everyone starts at same rate depending on position.