ABN AMRO Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (New York, NY).

Interview

There was no unexpected questions. I had 1:1 interviews with 4 people. Everyone was very friendly, especially the CFO. They did not contact me at all. I was hesitant to ask because I did not want to rush them. Two weeks later, I emailed the HR person and he said I am not hired.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions. All were general questions.   Answer Question

Pricing/Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

Very pleasant

Negotiation

Very pleasant and to the point.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

First I got an email to set up the interview and then was called in for a 1:1 interview with the Head Manager of the team. I was asked some hard core finance questions that reflected my knowledge about finance. It was really important for them if one had previous internship experience in the finance industry.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Straight forward process. Make sure to negotiate as often under market value is offered now. They are now in cost saving mode applied only to salaries. Be ready and prepared.

Interview Questions

• They want to in you down on what salary to offer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

For me fairly straight forward.

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview was all market based questions. No personality questions at all

Interview Questions

I received an offer from another firm

Solutions Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Chicago, IL) in September 2007.

Interview

easy interview. couple questions. i gave a couple answers. deal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered. i accepted. right out of school

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through an recruitment agency. The interviewer started enthusiastically talking about his job, however during the interview he gave me the impression that he wasn't that happy about his current position. The interviewer explained that his department was searching for ways to improve the decreasing number of clients and asked about my ideas. Technological innovations were described as 'too difficult'. This gave me the impression that they do not have a clear vision. Furthermore, the interviewer gave the impression that a lot of presenting, talking and convincing needs to be done to change the direction of ABN Amro. I understood from the feedback of the interview that my presentation and convincing skills were lacking, while my Data Analysis skills were more than up to par.

Interview Questions

• What are your ideas to increase the number of customers? Where do you see ABN Amro over 5 years? How would you present the results of your data analysis?   Answer Question

At Corporate & Merchant Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Very generic and fit questions from the moment you step into the door with Director and Head of the division. While mine was 1:1, I have heard of 2:1 from others but generally easy.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in July 2015.

Interview

Professional interview experience. Friendly recruiter. Questions asked: * walk me through your resume * why do you want to do this internship * why finance * what are your strengths/ weaknesses * what is your personal development goal * where do you see yourself in 5 years * what is ABN AMRO's current reputation in the Netherlands?

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABN AMRO (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

- Make sure that you know your resume and the job requirements very well. - Mostly is to understand your skill sets, education and professional background - Usually one or two rounds

Interview Questions

• Mostly things about your education and professional background   Answer Question