ABN AMRO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Internship
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO.

Interview Details – There was no unexpected questions. I had 1:1 interviews with 4 people. Everyone was very friendly, especially the CFO. They did not contact me at all. I was hesitant to ask because I did not want to rush them. Two weeks later, I emailed the HR person and he said I am not hired.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions. All were general questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pricing/Marketing Analyst Interview

Pricing/Marketing Analyst
Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ABN AMRO.

Interview Details – Very pleasant

Negotiation Details – Very pleasant and to the point.

Sales and Trading Interview

Sales and Trading
New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at ABN AMRO in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was all market based questions. No personality questions at all

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I received an offer from another firm

Finance Associate Interview

Finance Associate
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO in June 2011.

Interview Details – First I got an email to set up the interview and then was called in for a 1:1 interview with the Head Manager of the team. I was asked some hard core finance questions that reflected my knowledge about finance. It was really important for them if one had previous internship experience in the finance industry.

Interview Question – Why ABN Amro?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Solutions Support Interview

Solutions Support
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ABN AMRO in September 2007.

Interview Details – easy interview. couple questions. i gave a couple answers. deal

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – they offered. i accepted. right out of school

Intern Sector Coverage Interview

Intern Sector Coverage

I applied online and interviewed at ABN AMRO.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews with senior coverage bankers. Questions about motivation and you have to know exactly what the job you are applying for entails, give concrete examples

Interview Question – Where exactly is the line that separates M&A and Coverage?   Answer Question

Intern Corporate Finance Interview

Intern Corporate Finance
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO in May 2013.

Interview Details – i get 2 round of interview
the first round was mainly focus on valuation method interview in finance the second round was mainly focus on my motivation

Interview Question – DCF model   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO in February 2013.

Interview Details – You should send your CV and short motivation (email is fine). After selection you will be invited for one interview round. After approval, you need to submit a VOG, followed by a pre-employment screening at an ABN AMRO approved company. You may be asked to do a personality test like Belbin and/or MBTI (for this specific intern ship). After PES approval the bank's security department will do a last screening.

Interview Question – Please grade your achievements on a scale of 1 to 10. Then tell me what you lack in order to get a 10.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, but the learning curve was fabulous and the accountability larger than the next permanent jobs I got at other companies.

Modeling Analyst Interview

Modeling Analyst
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO in April 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted open cover letter and resume stating my background, strengths and interests. Initital interview with a recruiter linked me to the credit risk department, after a personality test. After an in-depth interview with management of modeling and two modelers, I had an interview

Interview Question – What do you foresee to be the three biggest challenges for the bank in the next years to come?   Answer Question

Head of Marketing Interview

Head of Marketing
Asia (Philippines)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ABN AMRO in January 2009.

Interview Details – interviewed with a wide range of people, initially with the HR head, then functional heads in head office in Amsterdam, London, followed by about a dozen top management people representing various business lines and also country heads of key markets in the region. Given the geographical coverage, a lot of overseas calls and video conferences are involved.

Interview Question – how a certain crisis was managed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – through headhunter, was relatively smooth.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ABN AMRO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ABN AMRO interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by ABN AMRO employees and interview candidates.