ABN AMRO Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABN AMRO.

There was no unexpected questions. I had 1:1 interviews with 4 people. Everyone was very friendly, especially the CFO. They did not contact me at all. I was hesitant to ask because I did not want to rush them. Two weeks later, I emailed the HR person and he said I am not hired.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions. All were general questions.   Answer Question

Pricing/Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABN AMRO.

Very pleasant

Very pleasant and to the point.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABN AMRO in June 2011.

First I got an email to set up the interview and then was called in for a 1:1 interview with the Head Manager of the team. I was asked some hard core finance questions that reflected my knowledge about finance. It was really important for them if one had previous internship experience in the finance industry.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABN AMRO in June 2010.

Straight forward process. Make sure to negotiate as often under market value is offered now. They are now in cost saving mode applied only to salaries. Be ready and prepared.

Interview Questions
    • They want to in you down on what salary to offer.   View Answer
    For me fairly straight forward.

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ABN AMRO in March 2010.

Interview was all market based questions. No personality questions at all

Interview Questions

I received an offer from another firm

Solutions Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABN AMRO in September 2007.

easy interview. couple questions. i gave a couple answers. deal

Interview Questions
    they offered. i accepted. right out of school

Financial Accounting Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ABN AMRO in July 2014.

My application letter got forwarded to the head of the finance department ( derivatives accounting), he invited me for interview after I called him. During the interview, it was a very informal communication and it felt more like a personal introduction rather than a interview. but it turned out to be no available internship vacancy in his department so he again forwarded me to his colleague, after having the interview with her, I got an offer. the questions were not general.

Interview Questions
    • time planning. It took me a month to go through 2 round interviews w   Answer Question

Intern Sector Coverage Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ABN AMRO.

2 Interviews with senior coverage bankers. Questions about motivation and you have to know exactly what the job you are applying for entails, give concrete examples

Interview Questions
    • Where exactly is the line that separates M&A and Coverage?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in None (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in None (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ABN AMRO in February 2014.

Applied online, got a call 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview, after which I had an interview in their offices.
    Most questions were on past experiences, and what I wanted to accomplish from this experience.
    Then they asked me a couple of specific questions on the new capital requirement laws, and how Basel III affected the bank and the specific team I was working in.

None

Stagiaire Financement d'Entreprise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABN AMRO in May 2013.

J'ai passé 2 rounds d'entretiens.

Le premier round était principalement centré sur les méthodes de valorisation en finance, le deuxième round était principalement centré sur mes motivations.

i get 2 round of interview
    the first round was mainly focus on valuation method interview in finance the second round was mainly focus on my motivation