ABN AMRO Interview Questions

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO in June 2010.

Straight forward process. Make sure to negotiate as often under market value is offered now. They are now in cost saving mode applied only to salaries. Be ready and prepared.

Interview Questions
    • They want to in you down on what salary to offer.   View Answer
    For me fairly straight forward.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO.

There was no unexpected questions. I had 1:1 interviews with 4 people. Everyone was very friendly, especially the CFO. They did not contact me at all. I was hesitant to ask because I did not want to rush them. Two weeks later, I emailed the HR person and he said I am not hired.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions. All were general questions.   Answer Question

Pricing/Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at ABN AMRO.

Very pleasant

Very pleasant and to the point.

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at ABN AMRO in March 2010.

Interview was all market based questions. No personality questions at all

Interview Questions

I received an offer from another firm

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO in June 2011.

First I got an email to set up the interview and then was called in for a 1:1 interview with the Head Manager of the team. I was asked some hard core finance questions that reflected my knowledge about finance. It was really important for them if one had previous internship experience in the finance industry.

Solutions Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at ABN AMRO in September 2007.

easy interview. couple questions. i gave a couple answers. deal

Interview Questions
    they offered. i accepted. right out of school

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Enschede (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enschede (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ABN AMRO in January 2010.

The ABN AMRO Interviewers were very clear, kind but also gave some tricky questions. At one point it almost felt like I was being interrogated. In the end they were very pleased to let me know that I got the internship.
    When they showed me around it showed that there are only professionals working there (hence the interrogation because they only want the best).

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if people asked me to cheat on their bank account.   Answer Question

I got an internship at another comapny

Intern Sector Coverage Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ABN AMRO.

2 Interviews with senior coverage bankers. Questions about motivation and you have to know exactly what the job you are applying for entails, give concrete examples

Interview Questions
    • Where exactly is the line that separates M&A and Coverage?   Answer Question

Intern Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO in May 2013.

i get 2 round of interview
    the first round was mainly focus on valuation method interview in finance the second round was mainly focus on my motivation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO in February 2013.

You should send your CV and short motivation (email is fine). After selection you will be invited for one interview round. After approval, you need to submit a VOG, followed by a pre-employment screening at an ABN AMRO approved company. You may be asked to do a personality test like Belbin and/or MBTI (for this specific intern ship). After PES approval the bank's security department will do a last screening.

Interview Questions
    • Please grade your achievements on a scale of 1 to 10. Then tell me what you lack in order to get a 10.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, but the learning curve was fabulous and the accountability larger than the next permanent jobs I got at other companies.

Worked for ABN AMRO? Contribute to the Community!