ABN AMRO Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABN AMRO (New York, NY).

Interview

There was no unexpected questions. I had 1:1 interviews with 4 people. Everyone was very friendly, especially the CFO. They did not contact me at all. I was hesitant to ask because I did not want to rush them. Two weeks later, I emailed the HR person and he said I am not hired.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions. All were general questions.   Answer Question

Pricing/Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ABN AMRO (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

Very pleasant

Negotiation

Very pleasant and to the point.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABN AMRO (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

First I got an email to set up the interview and then was called in for a 1:1 interview with the Head Manager of the team. I was asked some hard core finance questions that reflected my knowledge about finance. It was really important for them if one had previous internship experience in the finance industry.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABN AMRO (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Straight forward process. Make sure to negotiate as often under market value is offered now. They are now in cost saving mode applied only to salaries. Be ready and prepared.

Interview Questions

• They want to in you down on what salary to offer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

For me fairly straight forward.

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ABN AMRO (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview was all market based questions. No personality questions at all

Interview Questions

I received an offer from another firm

Solutions Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ABN AMRO (Chicago, IL) in September 2007.

Interview

easy interview. couple questions. i gave a couple answers. deal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered. i accepted. right out of school

At Corporate & Merchant Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABN AMRO (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Very generic and fit questions from the moment you step into the door with Director and Head of the division. While mine was 1:1, I have heard of 2:1 from others but generally easy.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ABN AMRO (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

- Make sure that you know your resume and the job requirements very well. - Mostly is to understand your skill sets, education and professional background - Usually one or two rounds

Interview Questions

• Mostly things about your education and professional background   Answer Question

Financial Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ABN AMRO in July 2014.

Interview

My application letter got forwarded to the head of the finance department ( derivatives accounting), he invited me for interview after I called him. During the interview, it was a very informal communication and it felt more like a personal introduction rather than a interview. but it turned out to be no available internship vacancy in his department so he again forwarded me to his colleague, after having the interview with her, I got an offer. the questions were not general.

Interview Questions

• time planning. It took me a month to go through 2 round interviews w   Answer Question

Intern Sector Coverage Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ABN AMRO.

Interview

2 Interviews with senior coverage bankers. Questions about motivation and you have to know exactly what the job you are applying for entails, give concrete examples

Interview Questions

• Where exactly is the line that separates M&A and Coverage?   Answer Question