ABN AMRO

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Sector Coverage Interview

Intern Sector Coverage

I applied online and interviewed at ABN AMRO.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews with senior coverage bankers. Questions about motivation and you have to know exactly what the job you are applying for entails, give concrete examples

Interview Question – Where exactly is the line that separates M&A and Coverage?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO in February 2013.

Interview Details – You should send your CV and short motivation (email is fine). After selection you will be invited for one interview round. After approval, you need to submit a VOG, followed by a pre-employment screening at an ABN AMRO approved company. You may be asked to do a personality test like Belbin and/or MBTI (for this specific intern ship). After PES approval the bank's security department will do a last screening.

Interview Question – Please grade your achievements on a scale of 1 to 10. Then tell me what you lack in order to get a 10.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, but the learning curve was fabulous and the accountability larger than the next permanent jobs I got at other companies.

Modeling Analyst Interview

Modeling Analyst
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO in April 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted open cover letter and resume stating my background, strengths and interests. Initital interview with a recruiter linked me to the credit risk department, after a personality test. After an in-depth interview with management of modeling and two modelers, I had an interview

Interview Question – What do you foresee to be the three biggest challenges for the bank in the next years to come?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Traineeship Markets Interview

Traineeship Markets
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and interviewed at ABN AMRO.

Interview Details – Apply online with a CV and Cover Letter. Once succesfully screened by HR, you have to complete online IQ tests and personality tests
If you pass the tests, you have to redo the IQ test at the ABN AMRO office. When you get similar results to online results, you get HR interview.

Interview Question – What question would you ask the candidate if you were in my (HR) place?   View Answer

Vice President IT Interview

Vice President IT
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ABN AMRO in September 2009.

Interview Details – 3 sessions of interviews. First with several heads in IT and HR. Second with senior management. Final with HR again and senior executive. Whole process took 3 months to complete. All sessions performed in English. HR did several reference checks.

Intern Corporate Finance Interview

Intern Corporate Finance
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO in February 2012.

Interview Details – 3x 30 minutes 1:1 interviews
They asked questions regarding motivation and recent M&A deals in the Netherlands. Further I had to make a small DCF calculation and the interviews ended with guestimates and brainteasers.

Very Easy Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO in February 2012.

Interview Details – Went smoothly, they called me if I was interested. Had one chat with HR and five with senior management. Got an offer within two weeks.

Interview Question – They were very kind; I just had to name a few references and they checked them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I handed in my previous pay slIp and they matched it 110%

Private Banking Internship Interview

Private Banking Internship

Interviewed at ABN AMRO

Interview Details – No HR interview. Interviewed with three managers, from long-only fund, alternative, and hedge fund business lines. All technical questions, for example what do you know about BS model, how to back testing the frequency of an index drops below a certain level, what do you know about hedge fund, and how to evaluate a certain investment strategy...

Interview Question – How to back testing the frequency of Hang Seng index dropping below a certain level?   Answer Question

Call Centre Business Advisor Interview

Call Centre Business Advisor
Zwolle, Overijssel (Netherlands)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ABN AMRO in April 2011.

Interview Details – I went to the staffing agency to apply for the function. I needed to give a resume and they wanted to see me in person. Then I had to send a motivation. I got picked and had to do an indoor assessment. There was a group with 8 people (they two groups in total). Everybody had to do an elevator pitch, roleplay, and have an one-on-one talk with some of the staffing agency. I got through that round as well.
Then came the assessment at the bank itself. This time there were about 15 people (they had two groups). Again everybody had to do an elevator pitch. Also, we worked in groups and had to imagine what the needs of a fictitious customer are. Based on that assessment with my motivation they hired me (via the staffing agency).
Tips: Fake it till you make it. Be confident. I talked my way through the assessments by having the looks and the talk of what they expected for this job. I got hired whilst there were other people with more experience and related studies. Also I had a strong and original elevator pitch. In the first assessment the other candidates applauded for me. Most people are boring and unoriginal. Be outside the box but creating the image that they look for with this job.

Interview Question – What would you do if you have a customer who is in distress, because he is abroad and his wallet just got stolen?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Credit Portfolio Intern Interview

Credit Portfolio Intern
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ABN AMRO in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was a really great comfortable interview. No technical question, but rather about who I am and why I am looking for an internship. The focus was more on personality and whether I would be a good fit. The interviewer was very friendly and he made it a great experience for me!

Interview Question – Why are you interested in the banking world?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ABN AMRO

Worked for ABN AMRO? Contribute to the Community!