ACC

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Adjunct Assistant Professor Interview

Adjunct Assistant Professor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ACC.

Interview Details – I met with three full-time professors in the department. They asked me fairly standard questions, and then they asked me to do a lesson demonstration (I had been told of this beforehand and was given the opportunity to prepare). The professors acted like the most challenging students they could think of.

Interview Question – A professor, in the role of a confused student, couldn't "understand" my explanation no matter how many times/ways I restated, diagrammed, modeled, etc. The challenge, of course, was to see how patient I was and how creative I could be with teaching to different learning styles or disabilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are set compensation levels for adjuncts per class, per semester, depending on the number of contact hours with students and the number of semesters of service to the college. So there was no negotiation.

Science Lab Technician Interview

Science Lab Technician

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ACC.

Interview Details – Panel of people asking questions and you have to take a simple test to see if you know the general calculations of the job

Interview Question – Why should we select you for the job   Answer Question

CCNA Lab Tech/Student Tutor Interview

CCNA Lab Tech/Student Tutor
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ACC in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was a student and was referred by my CCNA instructor to management for a position at ACC. I turned in my application for employment and had one interview and I was hired at that point.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told what the job would pay and I accepted the pay rate. It was very fair.

Student Services Assistant Interview

Student Services Assistant
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ACC in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Closing dates on the application acceptance is very strict. Be sure and apply exactly on time. Generally they are also only available for a week or two when they do come out. When I got the phone call to interview, interviews were pretty much that same week with only 1-2 days open to interview. Really small window. Hiring at ACC is all by committee. Depends on the position. Depending on how up the chain the position is, the larger the interview committee. Generally 6-8 people will ask questions. Anywhere from 30-60 minutes and presentations may be required. Hard to get foot in the door at ACC but once in, positions are great. Acceptances can take another 2-3 weeks at a minimum. Once the hiring committee agrees on a candidate, they send it to HR, who then does background checks and references. Depending on time of year, it can take weeks before an offer comes through. Quite a long, tedious process.

Interview Question – Suppose you were the only one to open the advising center and there was a line out the door, the phone was ringing off the hook and an instructor adamantly needed copies or information all at the same time. How would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Compensation calls to let you know you have been offered the job. There's not much negotiation. They have a system that they run all of your experience and education that pops out a number. Based on anything else you'd like to report or reconsider, they can maybe squeeze out a little more money. But ACC works on a pay scale system and you are maxed out between two possible ranges of salaries in each position. Maxing out your pre-assigned Pay Code is the most they can offer.

Lab Tech II Interview

Lab Tech II
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ACC in November 2011.

Interview Details – You will be interviewed about your previous work experience, questions about things shown in resume. Very friendly interview.

Interview Question – how much salary do u expect?   View Answers (2)

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ACC in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview committee consisted of a panel of 6 interviewers who all took turns asking questions - 18 questions total, not including follow up questions. I got the impression that they already had someone in mind as they committee seemed very disinterested in my answers. The questions were tough. One in particular that blew my mind was "Name your three best traits and your three worst traits." I was prepared for one bad trait, but three? Within a week I received the email letting me know I didn't get the job, something I was pretty certain about when I left the room anyhow.

Interview Question – Name your three best traits and your three worst traits.   Answer Question

Media Interview

Media
Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at ACC in September 2010.

Interview Details – I've been through several now for several different positions. Usually you wait for a pretty long time after you apply before you get the call to come in for an interview. Its always a panel of people from different areas of the college and they have a list of standard questions - "what are you strengths", "what are your weaknesses", "describe a situation in which you performed well", etc. The questions are not terribly difficult, but I can imagine it would be intimidating having to sit in front of a panel of people.

After the interview, I find it's hard to know if it went well or not because of the number of people you are dealing with. It takes a really long time to hear back afterward. If you contact them and ask about it, usually they will redirect you to HR and you'll get a vague answer. Just when you are about to give up hope altogether, that's when HR calls and says you got it. If you aren't quite as fortunate you'll get an email saying you didn't get it. You always hear one way or the other.

Interview Question – Describe a situation related to your job that was particularly challenging and describe how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Deputy Manager Interview

Deputy Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ACC.

Interview Details – Written

Interview Details – Best process ever

Interview Question – Do u think We should hire you?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ACC.

Interview Details – looked simple yet was complicated.

Interview Question – tchnical topics i havn't even hard anywhere... even couldn't find them on google.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ACC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ACC interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by ACC employees and interview candidates.